Message Boards

Topic : 12/08 Extreme Follow-up

Number of Replies: 391
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 02, 2005, 03:49:46 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Dr. Phil checks back in with some of his most explosive guests from this season. Michelle's anger was so intense, her family lived in constant fear of her temper. She was screaming obscenities at her husband, Jamey, and yelling at her daughters until they were physically sick. Jamey said her anger was so bad, he frequently considered divorce. Was Michelle able to get her rage under control? Plus, Cathy and Micki were constantly feuding with their half-sister, Hollie, over painful memories of being molested by their stepfather, Hollie's dad. Hollie was stuck in the middle and wanted her sisters to forgive her father. Were they able to end the bitterness and start the healing process? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 8, 2005, 10:32 am CST

12/08 Extreme Follow-up

I was watching the follow-up story about Michelle and her angry.   I just wanted to let Michelle know that she is not the only one that Blow-up at there kids for no apparent reason. My name is Lorenda and I am the baby of 8 kids.  I was just watching when Dr Phil was describing how when your driving down the street and people get in you way or when you kids don't do things like you want. They didn't get you memo.  I was sitting on the couch with amazement.  I was thinking "Wow!  Thats me."   It hit home I thought that I was the only one out there that would be all nice and happy one moment.  And the next,  A raving Bitch,  Yelling and Screaming at who ever got in my way, usually my Kids or there Father.  Unlike you, I grew up in a loving family, but still dis functional.  My Mom was both Mother and Father.  My dad, lived with us but he wasn't really around. He would alway hibernate in his bed room.  He never beat on us. They say that people with high IQ's are borderline psychotic.  Well lets just say he did things differently,  for punishments he would take all the dishes out of the cabinet and make us wash all of them, even if it was at 3 in the morning.  Other punishment were things like vacuuming the whole house.   Except with out the push part.  You would have to suck each item up with the hose. It would take hours.   So I feel that we weren't physically abuses but Mentally abused  we all were.  My dad had to have everything done a certain way.  That is why today.  I feel, if you have to do something, do it right the first time.  Weather the abuse is Mental or Physical they are carried down from parent to child to their children.  I have been fighting this for years.  Someday I can handle it, other I can't.  Lately, Things are getting better.  Mine is triggered by Stress.  Usually cause of Money and Bills.  Well I just wanted you to know that you are not alone.  And people like the one that wrote that message that Dr. Phil read.  Have Blinders on and they don't know what it's really like. And No You shouldn't have you Kids taken away.  You do see that it isn't right and you are asking for the help.  You are trying to take control of it and that I commend you for.  I wish I had the strength to ask for help year ago when my children were Young.  Maybe then they would be like me.  I know you can do it.  Think of it like having a drinking problem that you are trying to control.  You just have to take one day at a time

December 8, 2005, 11:10 am CST

Anger Issues

It must be a total bummer to walk around with so much anger, and unable to rein it in. At the same time, it must be a total relief to learn that a chemical imbalance is to blame. Knowing that something can be fixed tends to lighten the load about 150%. Michelle, you go girl! And Jamey, you're one in a million; instead of bolting for the door, you stayed by your wife's side. things can only get better from this point on. 

December 8, 2005, 11:15 am CST

I know how you feel.

Tell Michelle she's not alone in this world. Although there isn't to many of us that would admit to it there are a lot of her out there and for whatever reason we still live in the closet. No one wants to admit that they have incontrollable anger. These people who are condemning her need to try to walk a mile in her shoes and see what it's like to have an illness.

December 8, 2005, 11:23 am CST

Blood is thicker

Even though Cathy, Micki and Hollie are getting along now, I can't help but wonder: does Hollie now understand what her father did, and what is her father's reaction to the three girls bonding?

December 8, 2005, 11:27 am CST

What About the Children?

Ok now what , those poor girls are scarred for life. I know-- i was one of those girls growing up . I do hope they find them some really really good counseling . They will need it for a long time. 

December 8, 2005, 11:34 am CST

TOO HARD ON MICHELLE

I do understand why some people would be frustrated and even angry when watching Michelle's story, but calling her names and referring to her as "evil" is just unfair.  I have trouble believing that anyone is free from flaws and I think it is just a bit overly critical.  Michelle, if you read this and would like someone to talk to please feel free to contact me jenni@hardparts.com because after watching your story it looks like my mom and your mom should be bowling buddies.  Want to swap childhood war stories?  Hope to hear from you.  -Jenni 

December 8, 2005, 11:46 am CST

Re: Michelle

Quote From: jillt3333

Watching Michelle is so upsetting!  It made me physically ill!!!!  The fact that she has these beautiful little girls to share her life with and nurture is such a blessing.  However, she has NO CLUE!  She is flat out an abusive, self centered, evil woman.  Jamey, on the other hand does have a clue and should stand up and be a MAN!!!  He knows what is going on and allows it.  At this point, he is no better than she is.  This situation completely sickens me.  Neither one of these selfish people should have the right to mess up these little girls lives any further.  Why these two beautiful little girls haven't been taken away is beyond me.  I have two little girls about the same age and I wouldn't even think of saying anything to them that would damage their self image.  It sickens me that no one has stopped this woman.   At this point Dr. Phil, you have the ability to show these girls that they matter with some action.  Please don't let another day go by before you step in.  Send these girls a direct message that they do matter and that people care.  I know that there are so many people out there who would love the opportunity to raise these girls.   

This woman needs to be reported to child protective services. She is dangerous.

December 8, 2005, 12:06 pm CST

why

kids are a gift from god. why put these kids through this. i had my son taken from me for striking him once. that is child abuse anyway you slice it. ask the child what she wants. my prayers are with kids in such a predictiment.

December 8, 2005, 12:07 pm CST

Michelle

MIchelle, Thank you for sharing your story about your anger problem. I too have an anger problem and only my husband and daughter know about. I have a very strong willed 3 year old and when you have an anger problem it is very hard to control it. I commend you and your husband for coming forward and helping you get help, i am someone who is scared of others finding out who I truly am your story made me cry because you are not alone everything you said i feel the snowball effect is so true you try to do better and bam someone says the wrong thing and I lose it You have given me the inspiration to go forward and seek the help I need because I felt alone before but now I know I am not alone and that I can get help!!! Thank you Allyson For all those who said ugly and nasty things about you they need to walk in our shoes and see how it feel looking out not just looking in!!!!

December 8, 2005, 12:10 pm CST

stress

Quote From: tweeymama

I was watching the follow-up story about Michelle and her angry.   I just wanted to let Michelle know that she is not the only one that Blow-up at there kids for no apparent reason. My name is Lorenda and I am the baby of 8 kids.  I was just watching when Dr Phil was describing how when your driving down the street and people get in you way or when you kids don't do things like you want. They didn't get you memo.  I was sitting on the couch with amazement.  I was thinking "Wow!  Thats me."   It hit home I thought that I was the only one out there that would be all nice and happy one moment.  And the next,  A raving Bitch,  Yelling and Screaming at who ever got in my way, usually my Kids or there Father.  Unlike you, I grew up in a loving family, but still dis functional.  My Mom was both Mother and Father.  My dad, lived with us but he wasn't really around. He would alway hibernate in his bed room.  He never beat on us. They say that people with high IQ's are borderline psychotic.  Well lets just say he did things differently,  for punishments he would take all the dishes out of the cabinet and make us wash all of them, even if it was at 3 in the morning.  Other punishment were things like vacuuming the whole house.   Except with out the push part.  You would have to suck each item up with the hose. It would take hours.   So I feel that we weren't physically abuses but Mentally abused  we all were.  My dad had to have everything done a certain way.  That is why today.  I feel, if you have to do something, do it right the first time.  Weather the abuse is Mental or Physical they are carried down from parent to child to their children.  I have been fighting this for years.  Someday I can handle it, other I can't.  Lately, Things are getting better.  Mine is triggered by Stress.  Usually cause of Money and Bills.  Well I just wanted you to know that you are not alone.  And people like the one that wrote that message that Dr. Phil read.  Have Blinders on and they don't know what it's really like. And No You shouldn't have you Kids taken away.  You do see that it isn't right and you are asking for the help.  You are trying to take control of it and that I commend you for.  I wish I had the strength to ask for help year ago when my children were Young.  Maybe then they would be like me.  I know you can do it.  Think of it like having a drinking problem that you are trying to control.  You just have to take one day at a time
 we are all stressed but i know that if we read the Bible bit more and  got closer to our Creator. that is  a guarantee.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last