Message Boards

Topic : 12/08 Extreme Follow-up

Number of Replies: 391
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 02, 2005, 03:49:46 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Dr. Phil checks back in with some of his most explosive guests from this season. Michelle's anger was so intense, her family lived in constant fear of her temper. She was screaming obscenities at her husband, Jamey, and yelling at her daughters until they were physically sick. Jamey said her anger was so bad, he frequently considered divorce. Was Michelle able to get her rage under control? Plus, Cathy and Micki were constantly feuding with their half-sister, Hollie, over painful memories of being molested by their stepfather, Hollie's dad. Hollie was stuck in the middle and wanted her sisters to forgive her father. Were they able to end the bitterness and start the healing process? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 3, 2005, 7:42 am CST

michele and jamie

I believe this woman is a control-freak.  Her husband who does nothing,probably out of fear, is actually demonstrating how women feel battered.  His job, no matter how scared, is to get the children and himself out of the house and out of her life.  If she still doesnt get the hint and work on herself, then at least  he and the kids will have moved forward towards a more peaceful surrounding.  Jamie needs to be pro active now.

December 5, 2005, 8:06 am CST

Michelle and Jamie

I think Michelle's anger is targeted at the fact of what Jamie did toward her daughters if it is common knowledge within the family!  But, by the same token, of staying there and just constant fighting and screaming is ludicris  Her best bet would be to take her daughters and get out of there and make a life for the 3 of them.  And, as far as Holley goes, I do not understand how she can POSSIBLY expect those 2 girls to forgive her father for what they did to them?!    Maybe with some counseling they can come to terms with it for their own sake; to learn to live their life's better-but forgive him; I think that is a bit much to ask.   How are they suppose to forgive a man that took their lives from them?  Unless you have suffered sexual abuse at the hands of a person you trusted, I do not believe you have any idea  of how to talk on this subject.  Nor, if you have not been the parent of a child who has been abused by someone you trusted completely with your child!!!!  But, as I said, there is no point in this woman staying in this situation; she should remove her and her kids completely from this living situation, and just start over!!!
Helen Childs
hchilds@stny.rr.com

December 5, 2005, 5:55 pm CST

forgiveness

I don't see how they can forgive their step father for what he did. I have a friend, my best friend actually, she was abused and molested by her real dad, then molested by her stepdad. It is crazy to ask them to forget about it. My friend is in her mid 20's now and still has night mares about it even though she is now married. I wasn't molested by my father but I just recently found out that my husband has been having sex with me in my sleep. I feel betrayed and I can't hardly sleep at night for fear of what might happen if I fall into a deep sleep. I feel violated. 

As far as the anger, Jamey needs to get those children out of there because my husband is exactly like what is described, since we said I do I have been constantly yelled at. The children a yelled at just for screaming since day one of thier births. He tried to shake both of them out of anger for their crying but I intervened, I was thrown into a wall, but I intervened.  

It is pretty sad becuase since I have been watching Dr Phil I could qualify for almost all of his shows. I wish I had someone to help me. 

December 7, 2005, 5:33 pm CST

thier i hope

you know forgiveness does not mean you forget but it helps the one how can forgive believe me i was sexually abuse as a child by my septfather and it took time but i need to forgive him for me cause i was living in anger all the time it not easy but  i did it for me and only me poeple make mistakes in life but we learn to go on and thats the only thing that counts life is what we make of it ..........

December 7, 2005, 5:37 pm CST

You've mixed together two different families

Quote From: heren44

I think Michelle's anger is targeted at the fact of what Jamie did toward her daughters if it is common knowledge within the family!  But, by the same token, of staying there and just constant fighting and screaming is ludicris  Her best bet would be to take her daughters and get out of there and make a life for the 3 of them.  And, as far as Holley goes, I do not understand how she can POSSIBLY expect those 2 girls to forgive her father for what they did to them?!    Maybe with some counseling they can come to terms with it for their own sake; to learn to live their life's better-but forgive him; I think that is a bit much to ask.   How are they suppose to forgive a man that took their lives from them?  Unless you have suffered sexual abuse at the hands of a person you trusted, I do not believe you have any idea  of how to talk on this subject.  Nor, if you have not been the parent of a child who has been abused by someone you trusted completely with your child!!!!  But, as I said, there is no point in this woman staying in this situation; she should remove her and her kids completely from this living situation, and just start over!!!
Helen Childs
hchilds@stny.rr.com
You've combined two different families.  Jamie and Michelle are married with two girls in the house.  The other three sisters are family that were featured recently on Dr. Phil.

December 7, 2005, 9:25 pm CST

Michelle & Jamey

Watching Michelle is so upsetting!  It made me physically ill!!!!  The fact that she has these beautiful little girls to share her life with and nurture is such a blessing.  However, she has NO CLUE!  She is flat out an abusive, self centered, evil woman.  Jamey, on the other hand does have a clue and should stand up and be a MAN!!!  He knows what is going on and allows it.  At this point, he is no better than she is.  This situation completely sickens me.  Neither one of these selfish people should have the right to mess up these little girls lives any further.  Why these two beautiful little girls haven't been taken away is beyond me.  I have two little girls about the same age and I wouldn't even think of saying anything to them that would damage their self image.  It sickens me that no one has stopped this woman.   At this point Dr. Phil, you have the ability to show these girls that they matter with some action.  Please don't let another day go by before you step in.  Send these girls a direct message that they do matter and that people care.  I know that there are so many people out there who would love the opportunity to raise these girls.   

December 8, 2005, 2:34 am CST

Oh

Finding out this woman has a chemical imbalance really explains a lot. On the first show I was so sick! She was really out of control, and all I could wonder was why she was still even allowed her children. I'm glad to find out it's also chemical because that means she not just some crazy person. She needs to get proper medication and get couseling, and I think everything will work out just fine for her and her kids. Although, her husband really needs to step up more.

December 8, 2005, 5:12 am CST

Some of you just dont understand...

Its not something that is sooo easily you can just automatically turn off and it goes away. 

I have the similar.  I love my kids and I wasnt always like this.  Sure Ive had issues but that isnt the stem of the problem.  I have anger, and its not controllable totally.  Since my upbringing was good morals and religion was a big part of my life I have been able to control not going TOO far.  But I have been boarderlined!!   There are many women out there with different symptoms.. and I am DEFINATELY not makeing excuses for being like this!!! 

Well I tried to get help.. I have some chin hair and other symptoms of my hormones being off... so I thought Id check into that... well lthey put me on Progesterone... which has worked really well BUT.. after a few months I slowly start going back... so they increase the levels I take and again same thing... so theyhad me take a salava test... well it showed my progesterone was fine and estrogen... BUT my Testosterone was HIGH...almost doubled!!   

Did you know majority of women in Prison their testosterone levels are high??  Theres been alot of research and things you can find online for high estrogen domiance which has similar symptoms but not much on high testosterone... only thing I found on that is stuff to take to raise it for men and women.  No wonder why crime is going up... people are on this hormone that they can get online and alot of people do it to try and build more muscle mass etc... but too much can be soo dangerous. 

I emailed Robin a few days ago before this actually aired and said something like I relate... but a some of these women have hormone problems if not other type of problems that are similar that cause this and its sooooo hard to control.  So easy to get out of control and it has nothing to do with past etc... the only thing you can do without supplements is try and control it... I could wait and count to even a 100 and would still be steaming mad about something... I could wait for a whole day and still be... it doesnt just go away the things that get that going.. 

I feel like Dr Jeckle and Mr Hyde only when I am Mr Hyde... you can still feel Dr Jeckle TOTALLY!!! 

I hope Michelle reads this message as she knows she is NOT alone... its hard.. 

I just found out these results and they got me on some supplements... I have an appointment with Dr mid january as they need to check for cyst on ovaries as that causes high testosterone as well which gives you hair growth,  hair loss, a tummy, aggressive behavior, competitiveness,   

anyways... it seems to have gotten a little more harder to contol in last day... so of course I am calling the doctor and finding out what else I can do... I am not really overweight as I am losing a little I am only 141lbs... also... low fat diets and high protien diets help as well lower it which I am on that. 

Some women do not realize what is going on and I sure hope this information is getting out because so many things can make you a certain way and you dont know about them.. 

Women Hormones are something that is starting to become very popular.. as people are finding out your hormones out of whack can really make you irritable!!!... keep a check on it from time to time check it out!!!  I am also going to find out those other test dr phil had that lady took, as I only doing what dr is having me do... might mention these as well as I do NOT want to go over the edge..   

YOU just got to realize is not something you can just shut off!!  I also believe Ive been this way since a teenager... somethign is off in me... I used to have a temper as a teen a few times a month.. and like now it wasnt easily controllable... I started smoking cigs and I calmed down a little but it still burned in me... But it helped... all this has came back since I quit smoking.    THey say smoking lowers testosterone as well.... dont know if that has anything do to with it or not... But trying to do research on this as I know I need help and I am doing everything I possibly can to fix this.   

I dont think people should criticize others when it is chemically hormonally imbalance that you have no idea of what it intails and what its all about.  Until you been in our shoes dont judge.  Thats Gods job.  I know I am doing the best I can and I know that woman had no idea what she was doing until she saw herself on film doing it.  If you really look at yourself, sometimes you really dont know what you are doing until someone shows you or tells you.  As somethings just end up as habit and you just think its the way you are and its okay. 

December 8, 2005, 5:52 am CST

You can help yourself!

Quote From: amanda4128

I don't see how they can forgive their step father for what he did. I have a friend, my best friend actually, she was abused and molested by her real dad, then molested by her stepdad. It is crazy to ask them to forget about it. My friend is in her mid 20's now and still has night mares about it even though she is now married. I wasn't molested by my father but I just recently found out that my husband has been having sex with me in my sleep. I feel betrayed and I can't hardly sleep at night for fear of what might happen if I fall into a deep sleep. I feel violated. 

As far as the anger, Jamey needs to get those children out of there because my husband is exactly like what is described, since we said I do I have been constantly yelled at. The children a yelled at just for screaming since day one of thier births. He tried to shake both of them out of anger for their crying but I intervened, I was thrown into a wall, but I intervened.  

It is pretty sad becuase since I have been watching Dr Phil I could qualify for almost all of his shows. I wish I had someone to help me. 

I am new to the board but have been lurking around for quite some time.  I know you said - I wish I had someone to help me.  How old are your children now?  It concerns me that he tried to shake the children and that you were thrown into a wall. 

Do you have a job outside the home?   

Lisa 

December 8, 2005, 6:00 am CST

Thyroid Issues

I am not making excuses for Michelle, but there could be a physical issue here- when your thryoid isn't functioning normally,  you can get crazy, paranoid, mean. I had parathyroid cancer and when they removed the tumor, they had to take most of my thyroid with it. I am truly against taking drugs of any sort, and didn't take my thyroid medicine. Now, I am usually a pretty funny, easygoing woman, with a postive outlook. Without my thyroid med. I am paranoid, bitter, and plain old mean. While I never yelled at my kids, I did brush my hair a lot (When my kids bring me to the brink of blowing up, I go out on the porch and brush my hair for 1 minute- I thought during this period that I would lose my mind and my hair!) My Dr said, (and he is an old friend) Take the stupid meds, you are acting like a demon. ANd he was right. SO now I get up and take my meds that I hate but it keeps everything low key. It could be this womans problem as well......

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last