Message Boards

Topic : 06/07 Moms' Biggest Mistakes

Number of Replies: 188
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 09, 2005, 04:01:06 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 12/13/05) If your job description includes long hours, little sleep, and endless requests to open your checkbook, you must be a mom! One single mother wrote to Dr. Phil for help with her two teens, whose wish lists get more and more expensive each year. Then, Kelly has been married only four years and says she can't remember the last time she went on a date with her husband, John. Dr. Phil sends his "Mom Squad" to make a house call. Plus, Jeannette says she used to be a sexy blonde bombshell, but now she's lucky if she even takes a shower in the morning! And Larry King's wife, Shawn, shares some mistakes she made with her oldest son, and gives a surprise performance of songs from her new album. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

June 8, 2006, 9:41 am CDT

War War 3

Dear Dr Phil   

This subject cause war war 3 in my house hold. My kids say that I don't need to say no to them and my husand say that I there is enough time in the day for me to take care of myself. As I told them if they can find me the time then I will take time for myself.  As far as telling my kids no you got to be kidding. My kids are spoiled rotten brats. They think they should  have everything they want. Me and my husband hasn't been on a date in over two years and my kids think they should go with us on our dates. I haven't found anyone to be albe to handle my son so I can go out with my husband on a date. So this show was just a big joke in this house. It started a war yesterday in this house. If you can give me any advice on how to fix it please give it.   

Thank you    

Kimmy   June 8,2006  

June 8, 2006, 9:58 am CDT

Can Jeannette really be an airhead?

I can't believe Jeannette got onto the Dr. Phil show to get.....A MAKEOVER????  For the love of God!  Did she not even think of going to a hairdresser?  Going shopping?  Talking to a personal shopper (which can be arranged FOR FREE at many large department stores)?  Taking a shower at night before bed instead of skipping it in the morning?   Did her brain fall out when she got married?     

Sometimes I wonder if I'm watching the Dr. Phil Show or Queen for a Day.     

June 8, 2006, 11:09 am CDT

Your View of Jeannette

Quote From: middlekid

I can't believe Jeannette got onto the Dr. Phil show to get.....A MAKEOVER????  For the love of God!  Did she not even think of going to a hairdresser?  Going shopping?  Talking to a personal shopper (which can be arranged FOR FREE at many large department stores)?  Taking a shower at night before bed instead of skipping it in the morning?   Did her brain fall out when she got married?     

Sometimes I wonder if I'm watching the Dr. Phil Show or Queen for a Day.     

Don't you think you might be over-reacting just a little bit? LMAO!  

I think the makeover was great, you go Jeannette! :-)  

June 8, 2006, 2:21 pm CDT

The other side of the story

Althouth I join others in applauding the single mother on yesterday's show for working two jobs to be able to provide for her children, there is another point of view.  I also am a single mother, and I also live somewhere between the poverty line and middle class comfort.  The difference is that I choose to have this lower income because I choose to work less hours.  I have a degree and a profession, so I am blessed to be able to earn a decent wage, but instead of working a full-time job and never seeing my children, I work part-time and enjoy the luxury of time with my children.  We give up many material things, like fancy cars and vacations, but it is a trade-off I believe is well worth it.  The reason I am writing is because so many people are brainwashed into thinking that working yourself to death for your children makes a good mother, that I wanted to point out that everyone makes choices and perhaps working day and night is not always the best choice.  I am frequently disrespected because I drive an older car, live in a smaller house and don't go on fancy vacations.  Thankfully, I have enough faith in myself and my choice that I can still hold my head high and know that I am doing what I believe is best for my children.
Thank you for letting me vent.

June 9, 2006, 2:56 pm CDT

shawn king

Did ANYONE notice how horribly thin Shawn King appeared?  I realize the show was not focused on weight but after Dr. Phil's previous shows on eating disorders I was stunned that he would have someone so painfully thin on his show and NOT focus on her problem.  This woman looked like a cartoon character and I'm certain at one point in her life she WAS attractive. 

June 9, 2006, 3:02 pm CDT

"Spoiled rotten brats"???

Quote From: krnoyes

Dear Dr Phil   

This subject cause war war 3 in my house hold. My kids say that I don't need to say no to them and my husand say that I there is enough time in the day for me to take care of myself. As I told them if they can find me the time then I will take time for myself.  As far as telling my kids no you got to be kidding. My kids are spoiled rotten brats. They think they should  have everything they want. Me and my husband hasn't been on a date in over two years and my kids think they should go with us on our dates. I haven't found anyone to be albe to handle my son so I can go out with my husband on a date. So this show was just a big joke in this house. It started a war yesterday in this house. If you can give me any advice on how to fix it please give it.   

Thank you    

Kimmy   June 8,2006  

Let me ask you Kimmy - HOW do kids become "spoiled rotten brats"??  Like so many other parents with "spoiled rotten brats" you imply you just woke up one day and they had TURNED INTO brats - NO, Kimmy YOU and YOUR HUSBAND took the lazy method of parenting and made a science of it  - you literally TRAINED the kids to be spoiled rotten brats.  Now wake up and OWN THAT!

June 20, 2006, 8:50 am CDT

This is a cool topic!

Hey Peeps!! Whats up??? TALK TO ME!! Well bye! 

Dillester 

June 20, 2006, 4:37 pm CDT

Shawn King's appearance

Quote From: tlcterri

I totally agree with funbags1. Larry King's wife, Shawn, looks horrible. She is obviously anorexic. She was so painful to watch, I had to look away. I was amazed that Dr. Phil "helped" her with being late (an insignificant topic), but said and did Nothing about her very obvious life threatening disease. Dr. Phil, Please help this woman - its abundantly obvious that she needs help - so she can be alive to raise those children.
Could not agree with you MORE!  Her face really looked awful as her features were almost magnified on that fragile tiny face.  If it wasn't so sad she would look comical.  And her legs!  OMG they looked like pencils - the thought of pictures of her nude brought tears to my eyes.  If she is terminally ill I truly apologize for my comments but anorexia can be terminal also so PLEASE Dr. Phil help this woman - get her institutionalized asap!!

First | Prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | Next Page | Last Page