Message Boards

Topic : 12/14 Dr. Phil and Robin's Holiday Extravaganza

Number of Replies: 105
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 09, 2005, 04:02:24 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Dr. Phil and Robin kick off their annual Holiday Extravaganza! They've invited families who had to evacuate their homes and leave everything behind because of Hurricane Katrina, host families who have opened their hearts and homes, and some amazing children who raised money for the relief efforts. It's a special celebration that includes a winter wonderland, celebrity surprises and the best toys and games for some deserving children! Talk about  the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 14, 2005, 6:49 am CST

Holiday?

I love today's show!  No one is more deserving.  Thanks for including those who helped raise money as well.  BUT... why Holiday Extravaganza?  I thought you would be one of the last to join the Holiday bandwagon.  It is and will always be CHRISTmas! 

December 14, 2005, 7:21 am CST

merry christmas to the 2 earth angels

merry christmas to you dr phil and robin. may you both  keep giving throughout the new year. i hope the  katrina children see hope and love that the christmas holiday brings. it sadden me to see the children who are lost seeking their family. there is nothing like family at christmas. they may have lost everything but may they see the light of the world around them through people like you and the celeberty guests you have on your show .(i am the way the truth and the light  god)                                                       

December 14, 2005, 7:53 am CST

Thanks for making the children happy

Dr. Phil and Robin, Thank you for bringing sunshine and snow to Katrina victims.  I just moved days before Katrina struck the MS Gulf Coast.  Talk about timing.  I am orginally from there and still have many family members and friends who have lost and are still losing.  My elderly parents lost  their belongings and rode the storm out in boats in the backyard.  Thank God my brother was there with them.  There is so much devastation people see it but don't understand why people don't want to leave their homes and hometowns.  This is all many had to begin with.  They are still holding on.  My 73 yr old widowed cousin now says she was told to demolish her home of many years and rebuild.  Although she flooded, she is not in a flood zone, therefore, the city can't help her.  My parents were sent a letter saying if they made repairs they could be fined or repairs could be removed.  A family friend was just told he has 5 wks to live, they too had lost everything in Katina.  It just goes on and on.  I am going home to surprise my family and some friends thanks to a neighbor who has a great imagination for surprising his wife with great Christmas presents.  Shhhhhh  He could give you a run for your money Dr. Phil.  (laughing)   

I think it is awesome that two people can spread joy like you do.  I just cried when I watched your show. I cried for the children who have suffered and the elderly that people have forgotten.  I would encourage people this season to continue to help Katina victims.  Let them know they are loved, needed and most of all, not a burden on society.  Thanks to so many volunteers for being there when their country needed them.  A special thanks to the men and women in uniform serving our country, protecting us, shielding us from danger.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  

God Bless 

December 14, 2005, 7:56 am CST

bless you dr.phil and robin

i just got doing watching your hoilday party show and i think that was the greatest gift anyone has done for them.  you two are great. 

December 14, 2005, 8:09 am CST

12/14 Dr. Phil and Robin's Holiday Extravaganza

Quote From: kathleen18

If I was ever in the position to make a choice between my family and myself surviving or my pet - I wouldn't have to give it a second thought.  The people who were caught in the throes of the hurricane, waiting on the roofs of their floating homes to be rescued had no water to leave their pets.  The rescuers were quite adamant about people first as it should be.  And rescuers did go back for the animals once they felt that all people were rescued and secured.  The pet owners and the rescuers did the best they could under the circumstances.

Unfortunately I am sure some people could have taken their pets but chose not to.  That is sad.  You'll be happy to know that there are some elderly people would not leave due to their pets.  2 cats lifted to the attic twice, 2 large dogs lifted into boats.  They all rode the storm out in the open trying to protect with tarps watching their home flood helplessly.  Other friends had to take their 3 dogs but couldn't take 6 cats.  Thank goodness that tree crushed through the roof and allowed the cats to climb it to the attic while the rest of the house was flooding.  All survived but what if my parents wouldn't have all for the sake of their pets?  They found themselves sharing canned human food for days after.  This all happened over 110 miles from LA.  Who would of thought it?     

You are so right sometimes you just have to make a choice.  I am an animal lover too with 3 dogs.  Who would let me in their home with 2 unruly basset hounds and a crabby biting pekenese?  Not too many.    They are why I always stayed home in hurricanes.  I recently relocated to another state 4 hr inland.  No more for me.   

December 14, 2005, 8:24 am CST

DR PHIL & ROBIN

I know you probably get messages all the time like this, but I would have to say that you two are the most amazing people ever, you do so much for others in need over the holidays & that really inspires me. There are times when I wish I had the resource to do for others like you do & I am so glade that there are people out there like you and Robin who care about others enough to go to the extrem as you two do. Dr Phil and Robin, I would hope that both of you go to bed at night feeling good about yourselfs because of what you do. Please note that there are people out there like me that appreciate all you do. Thank you for everything
Maureen Esbensen

December 14, 2005, 8:24 am CST

DR PHIL & ROBIN

I know you probably get messages all the time like this, but I would have to say that you two are the most amazing people ever, you do so much for others in need over the holidays & that really inspires me. There are times when I wish I had the resource to do for others like you do & I am so glade that there are people out there like you and Robin who care about others enough to go to the extrem as you two do. Dr Phil and Robin, I would hope that both of you go to bed at night feeling good about yourselfs because of what you do. Please note that there are people out there like me that appreciate all you do. Thank you for everything
Maureen Esbensen

December 14, 2005, 8:26 am CST

Giving something back

My husband and I both grew up in very poor families and most of our Christmas gifts were things we needed, underwear, socks etc.   

But God has really blessed us and we have a pretty comfortable life now.  For the past two years we have participated in a program at our church, where we are given the name of a prison inmate's child and we buy gifts for this child on behalf of the parent.  I always enjoy buying the gifts for our "adopted" child more than I do buying gifts for my family.  These children are usually living with a grandparent and are very poor.  We love knowing that we can make a difference in a child that was just like us 20 years ago. 

December 14, 2005, 8:38 am CST

Dr. Phil and Robin

I just want to say that I love your show and what you are doing for these families is unbelievable.  I am sitting here crying with joy watching all these kids and their parents receiving such a nice party.  There are so many hurting people in the world and it is so nice that you have reached out to these families and making their Christmas a little brighter.  God bless you Dr. Phil and Robin for the love you have shown to these kids and their parents!! You have done something that I would just love to do!!

December 14, 2005, 8:49 am CST

Pictues don't do justice

I am a native of Mobile, AL which was also greatly affected by hurricane Katrina.  I moved away two years ago but my family stills lives there.  I am extemely pregnant so when I called to check on everyone they said "oh it's not bad at all".  I went home for Thanksgiving and when I saw the actual destruction I almost had a stroke!  and Mobile didn't even take a direct hit.  The destruction from this storm reaches far greater than just New Orleans. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last