Message Boards

Topic : 12/14 Dr. Phil and Robin's Holiday Extravaganza

Number of Replies: 105
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 09, 2005, 04:02:24 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Dr. Phil and Robin kick off their annual Holiday Extravaganza! They've invited families who had to evacuate their homes and leave everything behind because of Hurricane Katrina, host families who have opened their hearts and homes, and some amazing children who raised money for the relief efforts. It's a special celebration that includes a winter wonderland, celebrity surprises and the best toys and games for some deserving children! Talk about  the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 14, 2005, 9:52 am CST

12/14 Dr. Phil and Robin's Holiday Extravaganza

Quote From: angelmax

Dr. Phil and Robin, 

I wish you and your children a wonderful Christmas. Please treasure your children as you never know how long they will be in your life. It is great to see that you are able to help so many people. There will be no Christmas for me this year as I have buried my last child a month ago. Please Dr. Phil and Robin tell everyone to treasure their family while they still have them. I will go with my commonlaw husband up to Edmonton for Chrismas day and that will be that. I really want to stay home by myself but I know he will not let me. 

Smile-we must live pretty close to each other-I'm going to Edmonton (where my husband and my parents live) for the holidays, too. 

I am so sorry that you lost your children.  I can't imagine having to go on with my life without mine, especially when everyone is celebrating. I sympathies with your suffering.  I'll pray for you and I hope you can find some peace this season. 

December 14, 2005, 11:10 am CST

Pets

Quote From: kathleen18

If I was ever in the position to make a choice between my family and myself surviving or my pet - I wouldn't have to give it a second thought.  The people who were caught in the throes of the hurricane, waiting on the roofs of their floating homes to be rescued had no water to leave their pets.  The rescuers were quite adamant about people first as it should be.  And rescuers did go back for the animals once they felt that all people were rescued and secured.  The pet owners and the rescuers did the best they could under the circumstances.

Your point might be more valid if the hurricane had struck with no warning. 

Anyone who waits out a predicted direct hit from a Cat 5 hurricane with no provisions for their pets doesn't deserve them in the first place.   

And a local government official who doesn't understand the connection betwee pets and their owners doesn't deserve his job.  

December 14, 2005, 1:09 pm CST

What was the song Smash Mouth sang today and shat CD is it on?

Can anyone tell me the name of the song Smash Mouth sang today with the lyrics, "Hey there, get your ...."? What CD is the song on? The Christmas one on the site looks like all Christmas songs. What was the one Dr. Phil said you can rock along with your kids?  

Thanks 

nycshare@okcom.net 

December 14, 2005, 1:30 pm CST

12/14 Holiday Extravaganza

Hello,
While I think what Dr. Phil and Robin have done for these families is wonderful, I also would like to ask everyone to remember the people on the MS Gulf Coast.  Mississippians by the thousands lost everything to  Hurricane Katrina, however it seems like all of the media outlets want to only focus on the loss in New Orleans.  Mississippi has become somewhat of a footnote to this whole ordeal.  Our losses  and suffering are just as great.  We no longer have homes, cars, jobs, and in some cases family members.  The 70 mile stretch of the MS gulf coast is gone.  There is nothing left due to this  horrible tragedy.  I personally lost everything I own, spent 8 hours in my attic when my house filled with 8+ft of water, and did not have flood insurance.  My story is just one of the thousands in the MS guld coast which the media seems to ignore.  Please don't forget about us.

December 14, 2005, 1:33 pm CST

Holiday show

I can't wait until this show is on. I am also watching the Christmas in Washington show that you are doing tonight! I can't wait. I love watching you shows everyday, but the one's that you and Robin are in together are the best!

December 14, 2005, 1:36 pm CST

wow

This show series is a wonderful idea. What a selfless act to do for others that are less fortunate at this time. The show gave me chills the whole time. God bless you dr. phil and robin for doing what you do. The families deserve it and need it.  I have never seen somebody smile so much in one day. The shopping looked alot of fun. 

December 14, 2005, 1:39 pm CST

Thank You

I am sitting here watching your "Holiday Extravaganza" show.  I too am a evacuee of hurricane Katrina, from the city of New Orleans.  I just wanted to say thank you for all that you are doing for our children.  This is a boost that was much needed by them at this time in their lives.   Once again thank you.  Toni Lewis (fan/viewer)

December 14, 2005, 1:40 pm CST

thank you

you dont really know what the families are going through at these times just by the pictures that are shown. Its so nice to be shown. It has made me so much grateful for what I have and for my beautiful and healthy family. Thank You Dr. Phil for reminding everyone just what is the most important thing in life.

December 14, 2005, 1:42 pm CST

12/14 Dr. Phil and Robin's Holiday Extravaganza

Quote From: shanep

Can anyone tell me the name of the song Smash Mouth sang today with the lyrics, "Hey there, get your ...."? What CD is the song on? The Christmas one on the site looks like all Christmas songs. What was the one Dr. Phil said you can rock along with your kids?  

Thanks 

nycshare@okcom.net 

" game on go play." Is the rest of the lyrics. It was the song sang on the soundtrack for the movie Shrek.

December 14, 2005, 1:54 pm CST

Great show

Thought the first show was great. Like the way you and Robin seem so down to earth. You make everyone feel so comfortable. Every time I watch your show, I feel like I have known you two forever. 

I liked Robin's red coat with the black fur trim. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last