Message Boards

Topic : 12/14 Dr. Phil and Robin's Holiday Extravaganza

Number of Replies: 105
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 09, 2005, 04:02:24 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Dr. Phil and Robin kick off their annual Holiday Extravaganza! They've invited families who had to evacuate their homes and leave everything behind because of Hurricane Katrina, host families who have opened their hearts and homes, and some amazing children who raised money for the relief efforts. It's a special celebration that includes a winter wonderland, celebrity surprises and the best toys and games for some deserving children! Talk about  the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 14, 2005, 1:57 pm CST

Thank You Dr. Phil and Robin!

Thank you for all that you guys do!!! This show was wonderful, and I cried the whole way through it with how happy you made these families. I wish the whole world could have seen this show! We love you guys!!!!

December 14, 2005, 2:06 pm CST

I have a different opinion

Quote From: basiah1

I am disappointed that you called it a "holiday show".  I will no longer go to stores that do not play Xmas carols, not ever again.  I am just sick to death of placating the liberals who are so afraid they might offend 1 athiest on this CHRISTIAN Holiday.  This country was founded on Christianity, if they don't like it, too bad.  People say that believe and then whimp out when it comes to standing up for it. 

I really thought you were different Dr Phil but my opionion is been changing lately. 

I understand that many people are upsett about things being called holiday instead of Christmas.  I too am a christian and understand that this is frustrating.  However, in the grand scheme of things I think there are things more important than worrying about whether something is called a holiday or Christmas.  Many people understand the origions of this holiday and that is fine.  I don't think Jesus is going to have a fit if some people use the expression holiday show instead of Christmas.  If many Christians continue to nit pick on every little thing that they think is wrong, it is going to land them in a place where no one will listen to them.  There are other issues more important to focus on such as abortion and making sure people can retain their religious freedom not matter what or who they worship.  I very much love God but in today's day and age many folks are just getting to many irons in the fire and therefore no cause is being furtherd.  I am sorry that this issue so upsetts you, but perhapes you should reevalute why.  I don't think it is a big deal considering that there are many more hard things going on in the world.

December 14, 2005, 2:08 pm CST

Christmas for Hurricane Victims

I was so excited today waiting to watch Dr. Phil with all his special guests and can't hardly wait for tomorrows show.  In 1985 September I was in Gulfport, MS and was in a hurricane and I thought it was bad, but after seeing Katrina, the one I was in was nothing.  I don't even want to imagine someone coming to my home and telling me to leave.  I cried just listening to the stories the families shared with everyone. 

I love watching your show.  I don't get to watch every day due to my work schedule but when I am on days off no one interupts my time with you and your wife on TV!  I so get into each topic that is discussed on the show. 

The name of the song that Smashmouth sang today on the show is "Rockstar" and I agree with Dr. Phil, it is a very good song to share with the young ones.   

December 14, 2005, 2:10 pm CST

From a displaced New Orleanian

Thank you, Dr. Phil & Robin, for showing that the people affected by Katrina & her aftermath haven't been forgotten. 

I was born & raised in New Orleans, in the house that my daddy & grandpa built in Lakeview.  The 17th Street canal levee was my backyard, literally.  We played on it as kids, oblivious to the danger that lurked there.  2 of my sisters also bought houses on the same street, & I bought a house about a mile away.  When Katrina threatened, we evacuated to central Mississippi, thinking that we'd be back after a few days.  NO ONE had ANY idea that it would end up like this.  We lost our homes, jobs, schools.  My special needs son lost access his caregiver & therapists.  We lost our way of life.  And, I lost my hometown.  Unless you go to New Orleans & see it yourself, you can't even begin to imagine the ENORMITY of the devastation.  Pictures don't even come close... 

I realize that the focus has been on New Orleans, but so much of the Gulf Coast was devastated.  The pain felt in Mississippi & Alabama is just as horrific as in Louisiana, & my heart goes out to those folks.   So much was lost, so much... 

But, we consider ourselves blessed.  We all made it out alive.  Our extended family has taken us in while we rebuild our lives.  We're starting new jobs & new schools, & we'll land on our feet.  I only hope that my beloved New Orleans will land on her feet, too.  (If you've never visited NO, you've truly missed something special.  That city had so much personality & culture & character, you'd swear she had a pulse...) 

Bless you, Dr. Phil & Robin, for continuing to come to the aid of those affected, from the victims & first responders to those who opened their hearts & homes during this heartbreaking time.  The recovery process is going to take years - I'll humbly ask, please don't forget us.  We need & deeply appreciate your help. 

Signed,  

I know what it means to miss New Orleans 

December 14, 2005, 2:11 pm CST

Holiday extravaganza

I want to thank God for people like Robin, Dr. Phil and others that think more about what is going on in the world around them.  I've been up and down in my life and know if it wasn't for people like them life wouldn't be worth living.

December 14, 2005, 2:11 pm CST

12/14 Dr. Phil and Robin's Holiday Extravaganza

I think it is wonderful what Dr. Phil and Robin have done for the hurricane victims. I am from MS and I was also affected by Katrina. My damage was minor compared to others. I think it is wonderful how Oprah and Dr. Phil and so many other people are helping. There is one thing that bothers me and has bothered me since Aug.29, the day Katrina hit. I think people have been under the impression that the hurricane only hit New Orleans. Well guess what, it didnt just hit New Orleans. I live 200 miles inland from the MS gulf coast and we had major and minor damage in our area as well. Our community went almost 3 weeks with no power and over 2 months with no phone. Those are just minor problems though, considering there are people on the MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST that are STILL LIVING in TENTS. I know that it would be impossible for celebrities to help everyone, but I wish people would remember those Mississippians that were affected. You dont hear on the national news that much about MS, its always been New Orleans. It makes me wonder if Katrina would not have affected New Orleans, would we be hearing this much about it on television, would all these people be doing so much to help? The entire MS gulf coast is gone. Entire neighborhoods and small towns are gone. Nothing left but slabs and people are literally living in tents on the slab where their home was. They dont have anything to go through to even think about salvaging because there isnt anything there. Do we continue to hear about that on national news? I am thankful and proud that so much has been done for all the victims, I just think that everyone needs to remember MS and Alabama as well.

December 14, 2005, 2:15 pm CST

I Need Help

Hey,
    i so loved the show,i'malsoakatrinasurvivorandi'm15 So i'm glad to see
happyness

December 14, 2005, 2:23 pm CST

God Bless Dr. Phil

1. I love shows like this where people who have a lot give to others.  I just wish it was not a once a year thing.  The only thing that got me to thinking was when Dr. Phil asked, "Don't you just love Christmas?"  I would have to say no.  I absolutely hate Christmas because it is a glaring example of how I am working as hard as I can and still cannot afford to buy my kids Christmas presents.  It hurts  my heart every year when my kids tell me what their friends got for Christmas and the only thing I can give them is paid rent or heat.  I have come to dread this whole season, from September, when they start putting out Christmas merchandise, to a week after New Year's.   My kids watch shows like Dr. Phil and Oprah where some mom will get like a car or something because she overcame drug abuse or a drinking problem.  My daughter told me once that maybe I should start drinking so that I can be addicted so I can get treatment and help.  I am trying to teach my kids that working hard is the only way to succeed but I am afraid they will only see what we don't have instead of what we do have, which is a lot of love, a roof over our head, a job.  Anyway, I love to see shows where moms who work as hard as I do get recognized for the work they do.  God Bless you Dr. Phil, for giving me  hope for the future and human kindness.
  3. Paula

December 14, 2005, 2:23 pm CST

"Holiday" means Holy Day!!!!

Dr. Phil I have been an avid watcher of your show, but you need to get off the "Holiday Bandwagon".  Christ is the reason for the season.  But, if you are trying to please the atheists calling it a "Holiday Extravaganza" shouldn't please them either because holiday means Holy Day!  Duh!  I never really thought your show would try to please these "politically correct" agendas. Although, whatever you call it Christmas or Holy Day, it all means the same thing and true Christians with a backbone know the reason for the season. 

December 14, 2005, 2:24 pm CST

loved the show

i thought the show was great and i wish that the toys for tots should have gone  to  those  kids  this year. especially  when u see  all  these  people that do  toys  for tots for there kids and there  kids  have the  best  clothing and  that irratates me. i think they  should have got it over there for there kids this year for christmas.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last