Message Boards

Topic : 12/14 Dr. Phil and Robin's Holiday Extravaganza

Number of Replies: 105
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 09, 2005, 04:02:24 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Dr. Phil and Robin kick off their annual Holiday Extravaganza! They've invited families who had to evacuate their homes and leave everything behind because of Hurricane Katrina, host families who have opened their hearts and homes, and some amazing children who raised money for the relief efforts. It's a special celebration that includes a winter wonderland, celebrity surprises and the best toys and games for some deserving children! Talk about  the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 10, 2005, 2:06 am CST

12/14 Dr. Phil and Robin's Holiday Extravaganza

Is this the show with Carrie Underwood performing and what date was this taped?

December 10, 2005, 8:21 am CST

carrie

Quote From: richito

Is this the show with Carrie Underwood performing and what date was this taped?
 the way  i understand it is we need to watch the whole holiday special because nobody knows except dr phil and his wife robin so please watch all shows.

December 10, 2005, 8:54 am CST

Quote From: pandas12

the way  i understand it is we need to watch the whole holiday special because nobody knows except dr phil and his wife robin so please watch all shows.
Well, I should've rephrased the question. I'm pretty certain Carrie Underwood is on this show airing on Dec 14. But, my friends and I are huge fans of Carrie's from my Carrie fansite CarrieNEWS.com, and we're taking time off from work. But, I think I screwed up the timing. I'm not sure if this "episode" airing Dec 14  was taped earlier in the month. Is it fair to say that a taping on Dec 14 would not be the one airing the same day? I'm getting the sinking feeling that we missed the show we were hoping to see live. Can anyone confirm the taping/airing lead times? Thank you. It would be very much appreciated.

December 10, 2005, 10:52 am CST

Aha

It just dawned on me that Dr. and Robin McGraw are going to be at the same concert in Washington as Carrie Underwood on 12/14. So, maybe this will be a remote taping from Washington?

December 10, 2005, 1:42 pm CST

I'll Be Watching

I'll be watching all three shows.  Dr Phil, I admire you.  It makes me feel good when I see people like you helping the people who really need it.

December 10, 2005, 11:27 pm CST

hearts of gold

I have been watching the show since the beginning and am impressed with the way everything is
addressed - from the serious sides of life  to the humerous  sides.  I have never felt any of it was
for audience approval but for the betterment of humanity.  I have reaped  benefits from several
of the shows because some of the things I have been through in my life  were mirrored in a few of your guests and I thank you for the growth you have helped me acheive.
I just wanted to commend you both for the help and hope you are giving to some of the Katrina
survivors. It restores my faith in my fellow human beings.
God bless you both

December 11, 2005, 2:39 am CST

Quote From: richito

It just dawned on me that Dr. and Robin McGraw are going to be at the same concert in Washington as Carrie Underwood on 12/14. So, maybe this will be a remote taping from Washington?

Correction, Christmas in Washington concert taping on 12/11 broadcast on TNT on 12/14. Got it. 

December 11, 2005, 5:29 am CST

Dr. and Mrs. Clause

Im so glad to see the doc is doing another Holiday Extravagana show!  I so enjoyed last years shows!  :) 

Wondering if they will be able to top last years great shows and if Robin made up her house as a Christmas Wonderland again?   Also wondering if Sponge Bob will be back as he seemed to steal the show from Santa last year.  LOL  Perhaps Santa decided that Sponge Bobs top billing was a bit too much and pushed him out of the picture?  tehehe 

Looking forward to all the fun!  HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!  :D 

December 11, 2005, 7:09 am CST

I'll be watchin but

I have your show on automatic record  so I very rarely miss a show.  In 1989 I suffered a stroke and lost EVERYTHING. It took me 10 years  to become comfortable with my life. You and Robin every year will choose a topic and your show and sponsers will bring some hope back in their lives. It's been less than six months and the help is pouring in.  If I sound a tad  out of sorts it's not because of jealousy it's that where was all that generousity when I lost everything. The rest of society only bands together when it looks good. As a christian I am no longer jealous. My hope is to not forget those who will suffer today and tommorrow. I hope who ever deletes this will remember them. 

December 11, 2005, 9:37 am CST

Holiday Extravaganza

Dr. Phil:   Do not get me wrong, Hurricane Katrina was very bad, but what about the folks in Florida.  In 2004, they went throgh 4 hurricanes.  Then in 2005 there were 3 direct hits to the panhandle of Florida.  And the devastation of Katrina was very bad, but what about the other states along the Gulf Coast who have been trying for over a year to pick up the pieces.   The focus of Katrina seems to always be on New Orleans.   What about the rest of the people in the Gulf Coast who have been now two years instead of 4 months trying to pick up the pieces.  

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last