Message Boards

Topic : 12/15 Dr. Phil and Robin's Holiday Extravaganza, Part 2

Number of Replies: 61
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 09, 2005, 04:04:20 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

The non-stop celebration rings in holiday cheer for some deserving families affected by Hurricane Katrina. The celebrities continue to drop in on Dr. Phil and Robin's party -- Jimmy Fallon, Paula Abdul, Martina McBride, Donald Trump, Jerry O'Connell and more! Plus, the stars bring their favorite toys for all the children. It's a magical winter wonderland and you won't want to miss it! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 15, 2005, 8:47 am CST

Dr.Phil & Robin's Holiday Extravaganza

Dear Dr Phil & Robin 

I just watched your first part of your special and I must say it was really worth watching. This note is not to complain or ask for your help although some people might think I need it.. :-)).It is souly to let you and Robin know that I think you's are doing a very wonderful job and not just with your special but with everything you do.For all the people you's have helped I thank-you ...Hoping that the New Year will be just as rewarding. 

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.. 

Harry 

December 15, 2005, 9:00 am CST

My heart is with you!

Quote From: chikara1

I am so sorry that you just suffered the loss of your daughter. No one can make everything okay for you but there are people out there who understand, who know how to listen to the grief of a parent who has had to bury a child. Compassionate Friends is an amazing support organization with chapters everywhere. There are many chapters in Ohio. Their website is at 

http://www.compassionatefriends.org/ 

or call the National Office at 630 990-0010 (toll-free:  877 969-0010). 

There are people with Compassionate Friends who well know how hard the holidays are, especially the first one since your daughter's death. I encourage you to give them a call - understanding support is there for you. 

Again, I am so sorry for your loss and wish you whatever peace and comfort you can find today and through the days to come. 

On Nov. 20 my mother passed away from brain cancer and I know exactly where you are coming from.  Peace be with you and your family this holiday season.

December 15, 2005, 9:11 am CST

Great Show!!!!

Dr Phil,
I Love You, Robin and your show!
Today was so special, it makes you count all your blessings!  God Bless ya'll for what you have been doing to make the kids that have lost everything have a special Christmas!   No matter how bad  you are feeling..there is always someone who has it worse than you. Thank you for reminding me of that!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!

Maybe one day I can see your show in person.  P.S. Robin you are an inspiration to me also. I will be 50 on  February 18th. I have used  Oil of Olay since I was 19...so, I think that helps instead of face lifts.   Growing older  gracefully!!   :)

December 15, 2005, 10:32 am CST

all i can do is pray. is that enouhg?i hope so:)

I am a mother of three, and our finances are under strict budget, however we have from time to time donated to little organizations in our home town to go to the victims. You see on t.v. about celebrities buying homes for these people, getting them situated in new places, helping them cope with this devastating tradgedy. All because we are one nation under god, not man, or not color or race or ethnicity, but god, hopes, dreams, the will to do better and acheive more. My fiance and I have wanted to do more and go to louisianna and be part of the releif groups. Then again affording daycare, and travel expenses are WAY out of the strict budget thing i was talking about. My three yr old watches the show with me and yesterday when he saw all the kids there he asked "mommy why is Dr. Phil giving thoes kids presents instead of Santa?" So I explained as best I could about Hurricane Katrina and how their parents lost their houses and the children lost their toys, so Dr. Phil was finding their toys for them. Then the cutest thing happened, he ran into his room and grabbed a bunch of toys that he loves to play with, and asked me if they were the katrina kids toys. I told him no, and he said, well they can play with them, I have more, and ran into his bedroom and grabbed more and said "SEE". I asked him why he wanted to give the toys to the kids, and he said " if they have no toys, they can play with mine and we can be friends. I need more friends than toys". I just started to cry it was sooooo sweet. Now mind you he's 3.So I asked him if he wanted to do something to help him. When he said yes, I decided to make up a prayer for him and I to say for the katrina victims. Now we say it twice a day, naptime(after Dr.Phil) and bedtime. I tell him that when he says his prayers the angels will give the message to god, and he will make sure they are taken care of. His main question now is, Is praying enough ?

December 15, 2005, 11:36 am CST

Thank you for the gifts

WOW!!!!!  I was fortunate enough to be an audience member during the taping of the Christmas shows and it was more than I could ever have dreamed it would be. 

The generosity and genuine love and care "Dr" Phil and Robin have for everyone is amazing and greater than would come across on TV. 

They both are loving to each other and so very funny!  They compliment each other in every way. 

I can't begin to say thank you for the gifts and blessings we received during this show and there was not a dry eye in this audience through out the whole show.   

You could feel the bond between everyone in this audience and the genuine pleasure Dr and Mrs McGraw had in giving to others.  That kind of pleasure comes from the heart. 

There were many sad stories heard that day and many amazing people I met.  I will never forget this day and what it means to my family and our future.   

Thank you again and our love to all at the Dr. Phil show that made that day possible.  Thank you Tomiko for your help to our millions of questions - that I am sure you heard each one a million times.  Thank you to the staff that was so generous of your time and patience that day and answered to all or our needs and questions.  You are a wonderful group of people and although you should have been tired and even irritated at our needs and questions - I never heard one person show that through their voice or portray that through their smiles that you shared with all of us.  You are truly a unique group of people. 

Thank you again and we hope that you feel the blessings you have given to others and that they are returned many times over to you and your families. 

God Bless you all!  Thank you and God Bless Dr Phil and Robin and their family also.  Your generosity will NOT go unnoticed or rewarded. 

Sincerely - Sharla and family - Missouri 

December 15, 2005, 11:38 am CST

True Hero

Dr. Phil & Robin 

I believe you  two are really one of the last true hero's.  What you do for people in their time of need is remarkable.  Robin, I believe that you are in a class of lady all by yourself.  You should get the award for Lady and Mother of the Year.  You are so beautiful, I watch the show all the time and wish I could be as beautiful as you. Dr Phil you should get an award for Doctor of the Year.  The happiness that you both have to share with the world radiates from your wonderful smiles.  I wish you and Robin a wonderful Christmas and a very very Happy New Year.  I also wish each and everyone on this message board and through out the world a very Happy Holiday & for a wonderful New Year.  Thank You,   

December 15, 2005, 11:40 am CST

That was beautiful, thank you Dr. Phil and Robin!

Your show yesterday and today celebrating Christmas with Katrina victims was absolutely outstanding.  I was sobbing and even thinking about it now brings tears to my eyes.  I was recently able to travel to Gretna, LA with my church through Samaritan's Purse to help clean houses of victims without flood insurance and was able to experience first hand how much these people are going through.  Many have lost everything as you know and it was so great to see your show and watch some of them forget about their troubles for a while.  Thank you for what you have done and thank you for allowing each of us viewers to experience this Christmas magic.   

December 15, 2005, 12:03 pm CST

Me too!!!

Quote From: southlandt

Dr Phil,
I Love You, Robin and your show!
Today was so special, it makes you count all your blessings!  God Bless ya'll for what you have been doing to make the kids that have lost everything have a special Christmas!   No matter how bad  you are feeling..there is always someone who has it worse than you. Thank you for reminding me of that!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!

Maybe one day I can see your show in person.  P.S. Robin you are an inspiration to me also. I will be 50 on  February 18th. I have used  Oil of Olay since I was 19...so, I think that helps instead of face lifts.   Growing older  gracefully!!   :)
My Mom has used Oil of Olay since she was 24, and at 57 she still looks amazing. When my sister and I were teenagers we would call it her "Oil of Old Lady"!!!!  well that taunt has came back to haunt me. If I don't use it after every face wash my skin feels like sandpaper

December 15, 2005, 12:25 pm CST

Being thankful

I certainly hope that those who think they are "entitled" to have their Christmas wish lists filled have been watching Dr. Phil these past two days. Seeing the joy on the faces of all those children and parents who had practically nothing spoke volumes. Some may see it as extravagant; I call it love in action. Just knowing that others cared enough to give them a truly merry Christmas has ignited hope in the hearts of the survivors (I REFUSE to refer to them as "victims" anymore). I only wish I was right there in the audience to witness it all firsthand. (Knowing me, I probably would have gone through a truckload of Kleenex!) Bless you, Dr. Phil and Robin!

December 15, 2005, 12:47 pm CST

God Bless Dr. Phil and Robin

God bless you Dr. Phil and Robin and all the folks who sponser the gifts you give to the children. -- the world is a better place just because of people like you -- my tears fell as I watched your show and seen the happiness the children's faces showed -- my heart has been touched many times by Dr.  Phil's shows but I have to admit the joy for  these children has reached way down deep inside me -- again God Bless You Both for all you do for others == 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last