Message Boards

Topic : 12/15 Dr. Phil and Robin's Holiday Extravaganza, Part 2

Number of Replies: 61
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 09, 2005, 04:04:20 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

The non-stop celebration rings in holiday cheer for some deserving families affected by Hurricane Katrina. The celebrities continue to drop in on Dr. Phil and Robin's party -- Jimmy Fallon, Paula Abdul, Martina McBride, Donald Trump, Jerry O'Connell and more! Plus, the stars bring their favorite toys for all the children. It's a magical winter wonderland and you won't want to miss it! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 15, 2005, 2:44 pm CST

holiday extravaganza

Dear Dr. Phil and Robin, 

I just watched your holiday show, It was wonderful.  Those kids were very happy, you did  a great job.  They won't forget this Christmas.   

December 15, 2005, 3:06 pm CST

Holiday Extravaganza

I just finished watching the second part of your holiday extravaganza show. What a wonderful couple you and Robin are.  The look on the faces of those children and parents affected by the hurricane was great. It's people like you and Robin who give people hope. Happy Holidays and May God Bless You and your family throughout the holidays and all year around.

December 15, 2005, 3:13 pm CST

THANK YOU

Quote From: southlandt

Dr Phil,
I Love You, Robin and your show!
Today was so special, it makes you count all your blessings!  God Bless ya'll for what you have been doing to make the kids that have lost everything have a special Christmas!   No matter how bad  you are feeling..there is always someone who has it worse than you. Thank you for reminding me of that!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!

Maybe one day I can see your show in person.  P.S. Robin you are an inspiration to me also. I will be 50 on  February 18th. I have used  Oil of Olay since I was 19...so, I think that helps instead of face lifts.   Growing older  gracefully!!   :)

I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU FOR REMINDING ME OF OTHERS THAT HAVE IT WORSE THAN I DO. I PRAY FOR THOSE WHO DO HAVE IT WORSE .IT REALLY MADE ME THINK THAT I SHOULD BE VERY BLESSED WITH WHAT I DO HAVE . THANK YOU AGAIN 

December 15, 2005, 3:14 pm CST

holiday extravaganza

For all who helped with this endeavor for the children and their families - God bless you. Your kindness will be remembered in their hearts long after they outgrow the toys and gifts. Watching this week certainly has helped me enjoy this Christmas season - knowing how much love and goodness that still exists in this world. Jesus is the reason for the season.

December 15, 2005, 3:29 pm CST

Thank You for Saying This

Quote From: n2psychnsg

Dear Dr. Phil, what you and your wife did, plus all the other celebrities,  was the most unselfish act that I have ever seen.  Just the joy brought to the children and to see their smiles brought a warmness to my heart.  I would not begrudge any child, my only concern was that I never heard you say the Mississippi Gulfcoast.  All I heard was that you had been to New Orleans.  We need to understand that what happened to New Orleans was horrific but we also need to put the blame where it should be. New Orleans never took a direct hit from the hurricane.  They had a direct hit from incompitent leaders that were supposed to be there for their people.  We all know that the levi's broke due to mismanagement.  What happened after that was a nightmare.  Now the Mississippe Gulfcoast, the complete 28 miles of man made beach and several blocks inland were totally washed away.   Towns were washed away.   I hope that you also included our children from the Mississppi Gulfcoast , the same Mississippi Gulfcoast that will take years to rebuild.  All children are innocent and they have ALL suffered loss.  There is more to the Gulfcoast region then just New Orleans.
I was reading the messages before posting my thoughts and found my exact thought posted by you.  I never heard Mississippi mentioned and we suffered and are still suffering as much or more than New Orleans.  I just hope at least one MS child was there!

December 15, 2005, 3:57 pm CST

thank-you

Dear Dr,Phil and Robin, may the Good Lord above bless you both. I have cried my way thru your show yesterday and today. To see the joy and happiness you have brought to those children and their parents!!! I do not have the words to express my feelings. Thank-you so much. Debbie from Nanaimo BC Canada

December 15, 2005, 3:57 pm CST

Giveaways

Dr Dr Phil and Robin, 

Why is it that just beinmg a good person is not enough to get anywhere in this world? 

It seems that you either have to be really destitute or be someone who has countless extra hours of time on their hands to do volunteer work or be able to afford to take a trip to NY, Chicago Or Los Angeles, and be in a talk show audience, in order to get anything.  I stopped watching Oprah because I was tired of watching her pass out gifts to her audience while the people who watched from home got nothing. It seems like you only deserved to get something if you either lived in Chicago or could afford a trip there.  The only other way to get anything from from a talk show host is to either be really screwed up emotionally , or have a major hardship, like cancer or your home burning down or some other major catatrosphy.  Just being a good person and living a decent life, working hard and loving your family  doesn't warrant and praise or acknowledgement. The only thing I get for working hard and being a good person is the hope that my paycheck will pay the bills and if I will be able to put aside enough money to be able to travel to see my children and grandchildren. I guess all someone like me can look forward to  is the satisfaction of knowing that I am a decent person and NEVER to think I'd be good enough to recieve any acknowledgement from anyone else. 

I hope you both have a happy and healthy Holiday. I know mine won't be the holiday I'd like but at least I'm still alive and well enough to make it through another one. May you enjoy your Holiday with your family, I'm hoping to do so next year , if I can afford the 1200 mile trip and the time off of work.   

I wish you Joy and Happiness throughout the comimg year and please keep helping those in need. you do good things for people, please continue.  

December 15, 2005, 4:04 pm CST

Dearest Dr. Phil and Robin

I just want to say that you are two WONDERFUL people to have done what you did for all those families that were affected by Katrina.  To see those children laughing and having such a wonderful time.  And the celebrities giving up their time to be there for them also.  What a God Send you and Robin are.  The way you express your love for your wife every day on the show and now showing that your love for others is there too.  I'm a 53 year old divorced woman and hope that some day I'll find a man that loves me the way you love Robin.  Today and yesterdays show has given me hope that my life CAN and WILL turn around.  I can't wait to watch tomorrows final Christmas show.  I've cried at the last two and sure my tears will be flowing again tomorrow.  And the see the parents crying because of what you've done for their children.  And the trip to Disneyland, oh my God, what those kids must be feeling.  I'm sure alot of them have never even been out of Louisiana, let alone to Disneyland.  Dr. Phil and Robin, may God Bless you and your's for what you've not only done for these children and their families, but what you do for all of us that watch you.  You've given me hope so many times on different shows you have where the topic is part of what I'm going through.  God Bless you and keep you safe during the Holidays and for the New Year to come.  A very devoted Dr. Phil watcher ;o), Audrey

December 15, 2005, 4:08 pm CST

12/15 Dr. Phil and Robin's Holiday Extravaganza, Part 2

Quote From: mkh_61350

For all who helped with this endeavor for the children and their families - God bless you. Your kindness will be remembered in their hearts long after they outgrow the toys and gifts. Watching this week certainly has helped me enjoy this Christmas season - knowing how much love and goodness that still exists in this world. Jesus is the reason for the season.
Your words express it all!  Jesus IS the reason and Dr. Phil is a GIFT!

December 15, 2005, 4:28 pm CST

Dr Phil Show.

Doctor Phil. I think your show is great and deserve a Christmas Day vacation on Sunday December 25th, 2005. Again Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Tell Jay and Jordan hi for me.  I am gla 

d that Christmas Day only come once a year. And Robin be good to your family aswell. Doctor Phil 

I hope that Christmas Day will be a good one. If you want you can alway write me an E-Mail Letter. 

My E-Mail letter is: RBV43@Juno.Com. Well Ihad better close now. Sincerley Your. Russell

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last