Message Boards

Topic : 12/15 Dr. Phil and Robin's Holiday Extravaganza, Part 2

Number of Replies: 61
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 09, 2005, 04:04:20 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

The non-stop celebration rings in holiday cheer for some deserving families affected by Hurricane Katrina. The celebrities continue to drop in on Dr. Phil and Robin's party -- Jimmy Fallon, Paula Abdul, Martina McBride, Donald Trump, Jerry O'Connell and more! Plus, the stars bring their favorite toys for all the children. It's a magical winter wonderland and you won't want to miss it! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 15, 2005, 4:55 pm CST

giveaways

Dear Dr Phil and Robin, 

Sorry I was so cranky in my last post. I know you do great things for people in need and the world apppreciates all you do. I was just having an extremely bad day.  I am just tired and frustrated. I've been working alot lately and felt put-down by my boss rather than given appreciation for what  have been able to accomplish, rather than what hadn't gotten done. I have been doing his job and mine without any extra help and not been able to get everything done that would have been done had we both been there working. Plus my husband is a truck driver and away from home quite a bit and is unhappy with his situation. I guess all the pressure had gotten to me and I took it out on you.  For that I appologise. 

I also miss my family, I only get to see them about once a year for a couple of days. It's hard being so far away.I only get to see how much my grandchildren have grown when I go to visit.  

I am wishing you and and everyone a joyous and Happy holiday.  May all your wishes come true and your dreams be fulfilled.  Thanks again for all you do. 

December 15, 2005, 5:00 pm CST

Katrina Victims

I think what you and Oprah have done is great but I am wondering about the victims who arent on the show. For example, I live in central Florida and we have many of them here and not even the local community is much interested anymore. 

My daughter works with a woman who came from Slidell and wears the same clothes to work everyday and her children are getting nothing for christmas due everything she makes going to keep a roof over their heads.  

I just cant help but to wonder how the victims who watch the show and are not on it feel. I know you can't fix everything and everyone but felt compelled to bring attention to the situation. 

December 15, 2005, 5:24 pm CST

Hello....

Hello dr.Phil and Robin 

I think what u did was really nice. But there are people that werent in katrina and are struggling. Like my family. we had a 6 foot in diametor tree completely take out our home, and we had to bulldoze it on labor day 04 and it wasnt a trip to the park my family was all in tears and let me tell you i know exactly how it is to almost lose you family and have your life changed forever this one of many times i've wrote to you about this because nobody not even the news, redcross, or even 911, we called them two times then the third time we called them they flat out told us  "we forgot"! Do you have any idea how it feels to not even be able to trust them? well i do! And the one thing that hurt me most about your show and oprahs show is you guys said nothing about those who werent in Katrina but still were left wondoring what there own disaster would do to there lives. The questions like "will we be homeless?" "can we afford gas?' can we even afford our  new (not expensive) house?" But i just wanted to let those know who had fires or tornados or strait line winds(like what destroyed my home) the we luv ya and know how it feels! 

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! 

Hint hint im about to cry so it really does hurt even if it wasnt katrina! 

~Brittney&Mom~ 

December 15, 2005, 5:28 pm CST

I LUV TRUCK DRIVERS!!! LOL u'll see in my message y!

Quote From: rb22354

Dear Dr Phil and Robin, 

Sorry I was so cranky in my last post. I know you do great things for people in need and the world apppreciates all you do. I was just having an extremely bad day.  I am just tired and frustrated. I've been working alot lately and felt put-down by my boss rather than given appreciation for what  have been able to accomplish, rather than what hadn't gotten done. I have been doing his job and mine without any extra help and not been able to get everything done that would have been done had we both been there working. Plus my husband is a truck driver and away from home quite a bit and is unhappy with his situation. I guess all the pressure had gotten to me and I took it out on you.  For that I appologise. 

I also miss my family, I only get to see them about once a year for a couple of days. It's hard being so far away.I only get to see how much my grandchildren have grown when I go to visit.  

I am wishing you and and everyone a joyous and Happy holiday.  May all your wishes come true and your dreams be fulfilled.  Thanks again for all you do. 

IM  sorry about that and i know how it feels my dad is a truck driver and has been all my life i barely get to see him...and do my favor if ur boss EVER fires u tell him to crawl in a ditch because its his loss :) HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! 

~Brittney~ 

December 15, 2005, 5:29 pm CST

Christmas Specials

To Dr. Phil and Robin, 

I just started a new job a few months ago, and the hours I work meant that I got home after your show aired...I must say I missed your show so much.. now that we are working Winter hours I get home 2 hours earlier and that means I am not missing any more shows for awhile. Yesterdays show had me in tears most of the time, but todays show when you gave all of the great gifts, trips to Disney land etc.. to all of those children put me over the few tears into total melt down..which was a good thing. I had not had the Christmas spirit this year for some reason, but watching those children laugh and watching you and Robin smiling I thought this is what Christmas is all about. I was touched deep in my heart by your giving. I realize that you had alot of help from some great companies but the idea that this was Robins Christmas wish was a Beautiful thing. I believe that God has put us all on earth for some reason, most of which we will never know, but I do believe you and your wife are doing exactly what God intended you to do. My heart is so filled with the wonderful dreams you made come true for those families that I wanted to Thank you both. I know the chances of either of you reading this is slim to none but I feel good just putting how you made me feel into words, as I am sure many other people feel the same.    

Your number one fan in Illinois 

Terisa  

December 15, 2005, 5:55 pm CST

Reply from quote

Quote From: n2psychnsg

Dear Dr. Phil, what you and your wife did, plus all the other celebrities,  was the most unselfish act that I have ever seen.  Just the joy brought to the children and to see their smiles brought a warmness to my heart.  I would not begrudge any child, my only concern was that I never heard you say the Mississippi Gulfcoast.  All I heard was that you had been to New Orleans.  We need to understand that what happened to New Orleans was horrific but we also need to put the blame where it should be. New Orleans never took a direct hit from the hurricane.  They had a direct hit from incompitent leaders that were supposed to be there for their people.  We all know that the levi's broke due to mismanagement.  What happened after that was a nightmare.  Now the Mississippe Gulfcoast, the complete 28 miles of man made beach and several blocks inland were totally washed away.   Towns were washed away.   I hope that you also included our children from the Mississppi Gulfcoast , the same Mississippi Gulfcoast that will take years to rebuild.  All children are innocent and they have ALL suffered loss.  There is more to the Gulfcoast region then just New Orleans.

You took the words right out of my mouth.  I have spent countless hours at the coast and just continue to be saddend by the amount of devistation.  It will be years befor the coast will be liveable for some.  Families continue to live in tents still.  It is so very sad and if one does not know just how fortunate they are to have a home and healthy family for Christmas - they just need to take a tour of the MS Gulf Coast.  It just seems that no one ever mentions the MS Gulf Coast in the media.  It is totally demolished.  The show was wonderful and very giving to wonderful deserving people, it just seems that no one has a clue that others were devistated besides New Orleans. 

December 15, 2005, 5:58 pm CST

Nuff Now!!! ; )

Okay, I have cried my eyes out on both shows!  It is sooooo heartwarming seeing the children and how excited they are by Dora the Explorer and Spider Man!   SmashMouth was Fantastic!  Terri Hatcher changed my opinion of her by her reading - what a GREAT JOB SHE DID!!!!  Nuff already....my makeup is running, how can I be a non-mommy pants person with smudged mascara????    

p.s.  Robin is just SOOO GREAT - Dr. Phil is a very lucky man. 

December 15, 2005, 6:42 pm CST

Dr. Phil Christmas show

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed the Dr. Phil and Robin Christmas show. God Bless You both for your generosity. Those children went through hell this year, and you made up for that in more ways than one. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

December 15, 2005, 7:17 pm CST

12/15 Dr. Phil and Robin's Holiday Extravaganza, Part 2

Dr. Phil I watch your show everyday and you always seem to amaze me in so may ways. You and Robin do terrific things for the people on your show, as well as the viewers. I think what you have done is amazing. You and Robin have hearts of gold. God Bless!

December 15, 2005, 8:41 pm CST

blessed are those who are able

thank you dr.phil and robin for being able to share the joy of the holidays and giving all those boys anf girls, and adults a day of prue joy,love and able to forget what they have all been through. you and your staff and those that donated and partcipated will be and are already blessed. i know that if it would have been me and my family that lost everything i would have loved having people as your selves to put smiles and joy on peoples faces and hearts. robin you set up a heck of a party. can you do my big 50 for me ?   i am not as big as ya'll but i do have a small non-profit and we were able to help out a family this year. and thank god that funds were available. thank you again for sharing .

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last