Message Boards

Topic : 12/15 Dr. Phil and Robin's Holiday Extravaganza, Part 2

Number of Replies: 61
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 09, 2005, 04:04:20 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

The non-stop celebration rings in holiday cheer for some deserving families affected by Hurricane Katrina. The celebrities continue to drop in on Dr. Phil and Robin's party -- Jimmy Fallon, Paula Abdul, Martina McBride, Donald Trump, Jerry O'Connell and more! Plus, the stars bring their favorite toys for all the children. It's a magical winter wonderland and you won't want to miss it! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 10, 2005, 12:18 pm CST

Xmas With Dr Phil & Robin

I think it is great what you do for others. It would be a GREAT Xmas for me, if I could spend a Day with you & Robin on the day you have you party,To see all the peoples faces inperson to what you do for  them, but to see all the smiles & happyness you spread  Not only HOPE but a new start. I started watching you when I moved to Tn. 2 years ago. My Daughter got me hooked on you. When I was in the hospital I had to watch the show.  I sent you 2 emails before with no answer about a home.  You are a very busy man for my email problem. Maybe I can even ask Donald Trump. for a home. This one stays sssoooooo cold in winter about 59-60 no higher I have tryed to get a grant for this home I am in  but no luck,of 3 years now.I don't make enough money for one ,on disability & alone. I know you will be to busy to see this  But I enjoy your shows. Hope both you & Robin Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR.  Thank you for your time.

December 11, 2005, 9:35 am CST

the good

Glad to see DR Phil and Robin are helping so many people in their time of need. Like  some other stars that have made it in the industries have taken the time to give back. My hope is that others like You and Robin and of course Opra and many more will give of them selves as well during the Christmass season and not forget the rest of the year as well..Good luck and best wishes on your Christmass show..Looking forward to seeing it..Have a great season...RON

December 11, 2005, 11:32 am CST

this will be a sad christmas for me

Dr. Phil I love your show and tape you every day so I don't miss any shows.  I also tape Oprah's and I liked it when it was Tuesdays as you were always on there.  Since your show and seeing Robin all the time I think she is just as wonderful and also beautiful.  You have two great sons also.  The reason I will be so sad for christmas this year is because I just buried my beautiful daughter on Dec.5.  She was so successful and had so much more life to live and left 3 beautiful children 20,22.24.  One is in the air force,one in college,and one has his masters and is working at the college.  They are all still single so she will never get to be a grandmother.  She was only 48 and had a brain aneurysm which none of us knew that she had so it was such a shock to all of us.  She also left a husband who had been deer hunting that day and found her on the floor when he got home.  She also left 2 brothers and 2 sisters who took it very hard.  She had a beautiful home and loved to decorate it and had just finished the day before she died.  She had entered it into the Holiday Tour of Homes which people were supposed to tour in 5 days.  I am so broken hearted and can't  sleep and hardly eat.  This is so hard to understand and I keep asking WHY over and over especially at that particular time when she was home alone.  I know her spirit went to heaven and I should have peace about it as she was a christian but it doesn't lessen the hurt and pain and again WHY.  She was an organ donor so she saved several other lives.  She had invited me and  her brothers and sisters and the whole family to her house for christmas.  Now see why I will be so sad.  I went to church this morning but even that did not help ease the hurt.  She was the rock in my family taking over the position from me since I became disabled 9 years ago.  Our Pastor did a fantastic funeral service for her and even made us each a cd of the service.  I've always had a hard time getting over it when someone close to me dies , sometimes it takes years but this just seems so wasteful of a good life.  I can not comprehend it .  I know everyone says God knows best but right now I am upset with him.  I'm the one with all the medical problems and it should have been me not her.  She was so successful that she was planning on retiring within the next year or two and so was her husband.  I  guess I need to find some bereavement meetings to go to or something.  I cry all the time.

December 14, 2005, 11:37 pm CST

Help for your tears

Quote From: amaes1941

Dr. Phil I love your show and tape you every day so I don't miss any shows.  I also tape Oprah's and I liked it when it was Tuesdays as you were always on there.  Since your show and seeing Robin all the time I think she is just as wonderful and also beautiful.  You have two great sons also.  The reason I will be so sad for christmas this year is because I just buried my beautiful daughter on Dec.5.  She was so successful and had so much more life to live and left 3 beautiful children 20,22.24.  One is in the air force,one in college,and one has his masters and is working at the college.  They are all still single so she will never get to be a grandmother.  She was only 48 and had a brain aneurysm which none of us knew that she had so it was such a shock to all of us.  She also left a husband who had been deer hunting that day and found her on the floor when he got home.  She also left 2 brothers and 2 sisters who took it very hard.  She had a beautiful home and loved to decorate it and had just finished the day before she died.  She had entered it into the Holiday Tour of Homes which people were supposed to tour in 5 days.  I am so broken hearted and can't  sleep and hardly eat.  This is so hard to understand and I keep asking WHY over and over especially at that particular time when she was home alone.  I know her spirit went to heaven and I should have peace about it as she was a christian but it doesn't lessen the hurt and pain and again WHY.  She was an organ donor so she saved several other lives.  She had invited me and  her brothers and sisters and the whole family to her house for christmas.  Now see why I will be so sad.  I went to church this morning but even that did not help ease the hurt.  She was the rock in my family taking over the position from me since I became disabled 9 years ago.  Our Pastor did a fantastic funeral service for her and even made us each a cd of the service.  I've always had a hard time getting over it when someone close to me dies , sometimes it takes years but this just seems so wasteful of a good life.  I can not comprehend it .  I know everyone says God knows best but right now I am upset with him.  I'm the one with all the medical problems and it should have been me not her.  She was so successful that she was planning on retiring within the next year or two and so was her husband.  I  guess I need to find some bereavement meetings to go to or something.  I cry all the time.

I am so sorry that you just suffered the loss of your daughter. No one can make everything okay for you but there are people out there who understand, who know how to listen to the grief of a parent who has had to bury a child. Compassionate Friends is an amazing support organization with chapters everywhere. There are many chapters in Ohio. Their website is at 

http://www.compassionatefriends.org/ 

or call the National Office at 630 990-0010 (toll-free:  877 969-0010). 

There are people with Compassionate Friends who well know how hard the holidays are, especially the first one since your daughter's death. I encourage you to give them a call - understanding support is there for you. 

Again, I am so sorry for your loss and wish you whatever peace and comfort you can find today and through the days to come. 

December 15, 2005, 6:08 am CST

If not for your generousiity

I am so thrilled to have the format and opportunity to thank both you and Robin, Dr. Phil, for your thoughtfullness for those in need, especially over the holidays. I think the most beautiful part of your "plan" is that you are generous and helpful throughout the year, which exemplifies the true spirit of Christmas. I have no clue how you differentiate between those truly in need versus those who ask for help. Just reading these message boards is a good example of that. It seems that so many people are asking for help these days. Bless you both that you may continue your generous actions for quite some time to come and that you will always feel the Christmas spirit in your hearts. Yours will be the most precious gift of all.....that which you feel in your heart.

December 15, 2005, 6:52 am CST

check w/local churches

Quote From: barb81045

I think it is great what you do for others. It would be a GREAT Xmas for me, if I could spend a Day with you & Robin on the day you have you party,To see all the peoples faces inperson to what you do for  them, but to see all the smiles & happyness you spread  Not only HOPE but a new start. I started watching you when I moved to Tn. 2 years ago. My Daughter got me hooked on you. When I was in the hospital I had to watch the show.  I sent you 2 emails before with no answer about a home.  You are a very busy man for my email problem. Maybe I can even ask Donald Trump. for a home. This one stays sssoooooo cold in winter about 59-60 no higher I have tryed to get a grant for this home I am in  but no luck,of 3 years now.I don't make enough money for one ,on disability & alone. I know you will be to busy to see this  But I enjoy your shows. Hope both you & Robin Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR.  Thank you for your time.
I live in Tennessee and know that local churches help many times with installing insulation, etc., generally helping you to attain a warmer home.  Not sure what you are heating with but it sounds as if you either don't have adequate heat or need insulation.  Check around with local church secretaries; they can guide you.

December 15, 2005, 6:56 am CST

12/15 Dr. Phil and Robin's Holiday Extravaganza, Part 2

DR.PHIL,  

ME AND MY HUSBAND WATCHED YOUR SHOW ON THE 15TH OF DECEMBER AND I MUST SAY THAT IT WAS VERY MOVING TO SEE ALL THE HELP YOU GAVE. THOSE KIDS NEEDED A BOOST IN THERE SPIRITS AND THATS WHAT YOU GAVE THEM. THANK YOU FOR BEING A DECENT, CARING,HONEST AND LOVING PERSON, THEY NEEDED EVERYTHING YOU GAVE THEM AND THEY DESERVED EVERTHING THEY GOT. 

DARLENE 

December 15, 2005, 7:05 am CST

12/15 Dr. Phil and Robin's Holiday Extravaganza, Part 2

Dr. Phil and Robin I really enoyed your christmas extravaganza yesterday and plan on watching the one of thursday afternoon too.  Merry Christmas to all!  Christmas hasn't been the same since my mother died 3 years ago on christmas, she committed suicide.  Christmas was one of my favorite times of year don't get me wrong we still celebrate christmas but its just not the same since then.  I wish there was something we could do to make things a little better.  Everyone in my family comes to my house on christmas eve we get together and eat and exchange gifts.  My mom used to love the holidays.  She was having problems and we couldn't get her in to see a doctor to change her medication until after the holidays and she just lost it by killing herself.  Never in a million years would I have thought she would have killed herself.  I know a week after mama died we actually found out what kind of family we had. some of the kids were calling and wanting to know when my dad was going to give out mama's jewerly.  which daddy decided to put it in a safety deposit box until he is ready to get rid of it.  some family members never really come around to something is up.  I love all my family don't get me wrong.  I just christmas could be better.  I loved to listen to christmas music and wrap presents.  I guess the stores rushes christmas to much for me this year.  Halloween wasn't even over before they started putting christmas  decorations out..  I know one thing if you have a parent  or parents still alive cherish every minute you can with them that you can.

December 15, 2005, 7:24 am CST

Great Joy

My thought on “I bring you good tidings of great joy” is certainly a primary example of your expression of love for all mankind.   

December 15, 2005, 8:14 am CST

thank god for you and yours

I JUST WANT TO SAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS THIS CHRISTMAS. BECAUSE OF YOUR GENEROSITY IT GIVES OTHERS HOPE . TO SEE THE FACES OF THE CHILDREN WAS PRICELESS. 

I THANK GOD FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU . IF ONLY EVERY ONE THAT COULD WOULD DO WHAT YOU DO THEN WE WOULDNT HAVE SUCH DISTRESS AROUND THE WORLD. I WISH YOU AND YOURS A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR. THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last