Message Boards

Topic : 12/16 Dr. Phil and Robin's Holiday Giveaways

Number of Replies: 286
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 09, 2005, 04:06:32 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Come celebrate the most wonderful time of the year with a special show: The holiday giveaways show! Dr. Phil and Robin bring the magic of the holiday season to an audience filled with families affected by Hurricane Katrina. With a stash of gifts that’s bigger than ever, the pair give Santa a run for his money. Does he mind? Find out for yourself as he arrives on the scene to help Dr. Phil and Robin spread some holiday cheer – plus this season’s hottest gifts. And for the first time, some lucky viewers at home get in on the giveaways with a surprise phone call from Dr. Phil during the show. What will Dr. Phil and Robin be putting under their tree? You won't believe your eyes! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 10, 2005, 7:37 pm CST

How do we get in the give aways?

Dr. Phil- 

I have emailed several times and tried to get in on the give aways for two years. No such luck, what is the criteria and how do we get involved in it?  

December 10, 2005, 7:50 pm CST

THEIR ARE MORE NEEDY THAN HURRICANE VICTIMS

Quote From: shirl114

Ok how do I get in on this home giveaway? Let me know please.

DR. PHIL, 

I WAS HIT BY AN 18 WHEELER SEPTEMBER 2004 AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED A CENT FROM THIS GUY.  I HAVE 2 KIDS AND PAYING ALOT OF BILLS AND TAKING EXPENSIVE MEDICINE EVERY MONTH.  I WORK PART TIME TEACHING PRESCHOOL AND TAKING CARE OF MY 6 AND 4 YEAR OLD.  MY HUSBAND WORKS AS A HIGHWAY INSPECTOR BUT WE ARE TRYING OUR BEST TO NOT LET OUR KIDS SUFFER BECAUSE OF MY ACCIDENT.  I HAVE MEMORY PROBLEMS AS WELL AS PAIN IN MY HIPS BECAUSE OF 3 CRACKS I RECEIVED IN MY PELVIC AND 1 IN MY BACK.  I AM ONLY 34 AND WAS VERY ACTIVE BEFORE THIS GUY RAN A STOP LIGHT AND T BONED ME GOING 60 IN A 35 WHILE I WAS ALMOST AT A COMPLETE STOP TURNING ON THE HIGHWAY AT A INTERSECTION.  I HAVE LAWYERS WORKING ON IT BUT IT SEEMS SO UNFAIR THAT I HAVE TO SUFFER BECAUSE OF SOMEONE ELSES MISTAKE.  WE WERE LIVING A RATHER GOOD LIFE AND ABLE TO BUY WHAT WE WANTED, NOW WE ARE GETTING WHAT WE NEED AND DOING WITHOUT ALOT.  CUTTING BACK IS VERY HARD WHEN YOU HAVE KIDS THAT WERE USED TO GOING TO THE MOVIES ONCE IN A WHILE OR DOING SOMETHING FUN.  NOW IT IS DOING WHAT WE NEED AND THAT IS IT.  PLEASE DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE PEOPLE THAT SUFFER FOR WHAT SOMEONE ELSE DID TO THEM.  I KNOW THINGS WILL GET BETTER WHEN THE LAWYERS ARE DONE BUT WHAT HAPPENS IN THE MEAN TIME?   

THANKS FOR LISTENING, 

JENNIFER

December 10, 2005, 8:43 pm CST

DR PHIL & ROBIN PLEASE HELP MY FAMILY!!!

Dear Dr Phil,
I am writing to you about my special wish for my family. I am disabled and
suffer from multiple medical problems.  My family consist of my fiance and our daughter (age 16) and our son (age 11).  Our family has suffered great hardships since I became ill a few years ago.  I was the bread winner of our family while their dad stayed home to care for our children.
When I became ill things slowly began to fall apart.  In the begining my
private disability company was paying me, then without warning they STOPPED!
Suddenly, we had no income and no where to turn. We are being evicted from
our home where we had lived for 4 years.  It was the home our children grew
up in, where they had all their friends, it was not just a house but a home!
Our landlord at the time was cold hearted and took us to court and the Judge
gave us 2 weeks to vacate our home. Dr Phil, when we left our home we had to
leave most of our possessions as well as most of our childrens toys, games
etc. One of the worst days of our lives was the day we left! As we pulled
out of the driveway we were all in tears, we felt like someone was tearing
our hearts out of our chest!!!

We were Blessed to know a wonderful person who ran a hotel for recovering
alcoholics and drug abusers.  This kind gentleman let us stay at this hotel
and my fiance found a job (making little money but enough to pay for our weekly
rent at the hotel). The state would not help us due to my pending disablity
claim. Weeks passed and with help from friends and Tims dad we moved to the
apartment we live in now.  Dr Phil, our family has suffered so much pain and
heartache and our children have been through more HELL than any child should
ever have to endure! No child should ever have to suffer the way our
children have!!!  Yet, they have not complained (well, not much), they have
done their best to cope and understand our situation.  My Fiance  is now also ill
and has been unable to work due to severe pain in his back (due to severe
degenerative joint disease which he will eventually have to have surgery
on).  So, once again we are facing a very difficult and heartbreaking
situation!  Now, our daughter has become ill.  They have found 8 growths in her lymph nodes, her thyroid is enlarged and very painful to the touch.  She has had to have her tonsils & adnoids removed because she was having severe problems swallowing.  However, that doesnt seem to have helped much!  She has had test after test, and they keep giving us excuses but NOTHING to help her!  She just recently became ill with a cold and has been back to the Drs twice and they found her thryoid is very distinct and they found new growths in her throat.  She is having difficult time talking, swallowing (she can only eat soft foods that slide down her throat) and singing.  She is a singer who writes and sings her own music. So, this is very scary to all of us!!  When this all first started and they found the growths they said it could be lymphoma.  That alone scares me to death.  She is suffering so badly and I want desperately to give her a wonderful Christmas to take her mind off her pain and suffering!!!! She is facing a long road ahead of her and she is trying her best to cope but its very hard to do.  She is being tutored at home (she is to ill to attend regular school and has to many Drs appts to even try).  She also has social anxiety disorder so that just makes matters more frightening to her!!!   We have been Blessed to have alot of wonderful friends and a few family members who are doing their best to help us.  But, they cant continue to help us pay our bills.  We are on the verge of losing our car because we cant afford to pay the car payments.  We are deep in a financial hole and were sinking quickly! Right now, I dont see a light at the end of the tunnel and I dont think any of us (especially our children) can go through the same nightmare we have suffered through already!!!!   I am still fighting in court for my private disability and we are PRAYING that we will get a decision soon!!  Unfortunately, that is something we have no control over and we just have to wait until they decide my case! We Pray daily for a MIRACLE TO END THIS NIGHTMARE!!!!! I hope and PRAY that you can help me at least take my families mind off our suffering for the holidays!  I would love to be able to give them a CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reason I am writing to you is for my family! They have been so kind,
loving, understanding and most of all supportive! Although we are suffering
great hardships we remain strong because of our love and family values!  My
children have not had a "real" Christmas in years, they have not had new
clothes, toys, or anything that they have wanted or desired.  We have not
been on a vacation, gone to a movie, bowling, nothing as a family because we have no money.  Yet, they dont complain.  I would love to know our family will never suffer the
heartbreak of losing another home, that they would be able to ask for
something they wanted and actually be able to get it.  I would love to take
them to the mall and tell them, just go pick out whatever you want and its
yours! But...... that is just a dream. Dr Phil, I dont know what you can do
to help our family but whatever it is I know with all my heart and soul it
will be deeply appreciated!  Because, we know what its like to be homeless, to do without things we desperatly need. To only own one pair of shoes, or pants. We may not be Blessed with riches but we are truly Blessed with LOVE!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DR PHIL, my family
deserves everything and more.  But when you dont have any money you cant give them what they need, let alone what they would like to have!!!  I know that, it would be impossible to give them everything they wish for but they would cherish anything that you could do for them!!! You see, they have done without birthdays, Christmas's and various other things with not complaints because we just dont have the money.  So please anything that you could do to give our family
a "HOLIDAY TO REMEMBER" would mean the world to each and everyone of us!!!!
As a parent, my goal in life is to provide for my children and since I
became ill, I dont feel like I have dont that very well.  I know its not my
fault but it doesnt lessen the pain or heartache.   I would love for you to
call us and tell us that we have won because it would truly be a "HOLIDAY
MIRACLE!!!!"

I watch your show everyday and I hope and PRAY I get the chance to meet you
and Robin and your family.  I hope and PRAY that my children grow up to be
as smart, kind, loving and caring as your boys! May GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR
FAMILY AND I HOPE AND PRAY TO HEAR FROM YOU AND YOUR SHOW!!!!! I know that
you receive tons of request and you cant give everyone what they ask for.  But what I am asking truly comes from my heart!!! I dont want anything for me, just for my family because, through everything (my getting sick, our losing our home, being homeless, getting our food from food pantries & soup kitchens, not being able to purchase clothing or coats for our children and much much more) they have stood by me.  They held my hand when I was in the hospital, crying in pain so many times, and they cried with me, hugged me when I needed it but most of
all they have always LOVED ME UNCONDITIONALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love my family with
every fiber of my being and I would give my life up for each and everyone of
them.  Because without them, my life would be empty.
PLEASE HELP US DR PHIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP ME GIVE MY FAMILY BACK JUST A
LITTLE OF WHAT THEY GIVE ME EVERYDAY!
WITH LOVE & PRAYERS ALWAYS
DIANE & FAMILY
PS....incase your wondering..... my fiance and I have been together for
almost 17 years and we have never been able to afford a wedding that is why
we are not married.
GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY
HAPPY HOLIDAYS

December 10, 2005, 9:08 pm CST

GIVEAWAYS

HAPPY HOLIDAYS DR. PHIL & FAMILY!!  

I to wonder how yall do the things you do when it  comes to giving around the holidays. I always wonder how I'm going to get my kids Christmas. I would like to be part of that audience at home giveaway also. I've told my husband that I'd love to be on your show, in the audience of course, but I wont fly anywhere. I drive everywhere now. Maybe something good will come out of this message board but we'll have to wait and see.  

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 

Stephanie 

December 10, 2005, 9:09 pm CST

2005 Giveaway show

Hello Dr. Phil, I have never written or asked to be considered for anything like this but., I need to tell you about the most wonderful wife in the world. You see I am disabled and have been since 1996, I am now 62 years of age so that my wife 63 has had to continue working to keep our head above water to pay my medical bills etc. which she has done even taking on a part time job cleaning an office once a week without ever complaining. She works every hour overtime they will allow her and I know she is so tired. I know there are people worse off many times over and I am not asking for anything for myself other than to see her celebrated in some way so, would you please consider her for your giveaway show? 

Merry Christmas 

Vic. in South Carolina 

December 10, 2005, 9:40 pm CST

Merry Christmas to all

Merry Christmas to Dr. Phil and his family.  

I was hoping to have a special friend of mine appear on the Christmas special. I had gotten up to the second round and then I had my hopes that she would be called to join them, but it wasn't worth it at all. I was hopeful and then it was dropped down. 

December 10, 2005, 9:52 pm CST

2005 Home Phone

Hi Dr Phil and Robin,  

I have never emailed or wrote, but love your show and watch it faithfully.   

I'm a divorced Mom and have conquered a lot from advice I have taken from your show.  I believe that we can do anything that we put our mind too, as long as we have the right attitude and can be open, the world is our oyster.  I very rarely have won anything but lately I have been practising Feng Shui, and it is amazing how my luck has changed. 

I do want to say that I hope you and yours have a real Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.  

Keep up the good work, I take you as an inspiration to take your life and achieve.  

Sincerely, 

Roseanne

Calgary, Alberta 

December 10, 2005, 10:10 pm CST

You are an insperasion Dr Phil

Dear Dr Phil, 

I would love to be in your giveaway but I live to far away and know it is for US citizens only, so it dose not stop me for telling  you how wonderful you are. 

You are my insperasion and I love all the help you give people, I think I fell in love with you on Ophra. Sorry Robin I don't love him in that way,  I have a husband that I love and who has a heart condission that worries me. I can tell you there are a lot of people who think you are a wonderful man, and all the good you do must make you feel so good. I know how it makes me feel when I give a gift or do something for some one. I love to give gifts and have never minded not getting anything, I love the look on there faces of supprise and of joy.  

I am so glade you are helping the people of Katrina Hurricane victums, those people deserve all the help they can get. 

I wish you, Robin and your family all the best wishes for Chritmas. 

Yours sincerely Henny Woods from Sydney Australia. 

December 11, 2005, 12:01 am CST

Chrismas

Quote From: heartbolts

Hello doctor Phil, I have written a few thing here an there on certain topics on your website. I am still quite new at this e-mailing, chat rooms, and internet ways of communicateing. I will not be left behind! Smiles. I am "hopeing that after almost a year now?" I too can get in on your "Christmas GIVE AWAYS"? Please let me know "how does one play to win?" sincerly a one year old fan! HAPPY,HAPPY HOLIDAYS FOR YOU DOCTOR PHIL & FAMILY. 

Dear dr Phil and Robin 

My name is Andriette a live in south africa. 

I hope you all have a wonderful chrismas and 2006. 

From 

Andriette wilcocks  

sans101@telkomsa.net 

December 11, 2005, 12:55 am CST

Dr Phil and Robin

I just want to say how happy I am to see more Dr Phil and Robin shows. I love your strong southern values and being a Texas Gal it means a lot to me to know that someone out there is still spreading home and family values. I have almost all of your books. I enjoy all of them and some have helped me through some difficult moments. 

Please have Robin on the show more often. The look of love in your eyes and her eyes speaks loudly that love and marriage are still possible. I thought I was the only woman lucky enough to have found that precious love ever after but now I see it with you and Robin and it is a very warming sight. I love Robins' wit and her compassion. She is  very caring and intelligent lady. I hope we can continue to see her at least once a week on your show. 

Thank you 

Laura Hochstetler 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last