Message Boards

Topic : 12/16 Dr. Phil and Robin's Holiday Giveaways

Number of Replies: 286
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 09, 2005, 04:06:32 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Come celebrate the most wonderful time of the year with a special show: The holiday giveaways show! Dr. Phil and Robin bring the magic of the holiday season to an audience filled with families affected by Hurricane Katrina. With a stash of gifts that’s bigger than ever, the pair give Santa a run for his money. Does he mind? Find out for yourself as he arrives on the scene to help Dr. Phil and Robin spread some holiday cheer – plus this season’s hottest gifts. And for the first time, some lucky viewers at home get in on the giveaways with a surprise phone call from Dr. Phil during the show. What will Dr. Phil and Robin be putting under their tree? You won't believe your eyes! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 11, 2005, 9:04 am CST

Holiday Giveaways

Hi Dr. Phil and Robin, 

First let me start off by saying that I have watched your show while you were on Oprah and loved you guys together. My husband Craig and I learned so much from listening to your advice - especially the one about money - we decided after listening to you to have seperate bank accounts (though we have each other's name on them) and pay bills that we each agreed on and what money we have left over is our's.  It works great for us. We talked to my son and his wife about it and that was one of their biggest problems (money) - now they are much happier without the constant worry of who's spending what...    It was wonderful advice for us. 

Now, to the topic at hand.  I love you guys and think you are doing a wonderful job helping others deal with day to day life adventures I'll call them.   

I would just be so excited if you would consider me as one of the people you want to participate in your Holiday Giveaway.  What a thrill it would be.  If you don't, well I'll continue to watch you as I always have and take what advice I can get from you....  You're awesome and I love your show!    

Merry Christmas and May God Bless you both! 

FW 

December 11, 2005, 9:48 am CST

wish to join in on the big holiday give away

Dear Dr. Phil and Robin, 

This is a first time for me and I hope you get this message. We watch you show daily and love to see all the help you are able to give to so many who are in need. You have also helped us through some very difficult times. My husband is at the moment unemployed and searching for a job but at 55 it makes it a little challenging. I have to say that at times he is discouraged and we keep trying to find ways to keep each other motivated. I am an amplute of two years and am having a difficult time as my illness that brough this about is Vascular Disease and I am still trying to find a way to have a prostisis that will work for me but as you may know the Gouvernment only allows a certain type and this does not work for every one. If only I could walk again it would really help out around the house and other things but my walking even with the prostesis is limited to very short distances. Also I have a daughter that has a difficult time here and there as she suffers from Scyzophrania, and I must say works well with medication most of the time and better than anyone ever beleived, but there are times when it can be challenging , I quess that is just part of what having children sometimes is all about. Well Dr. Phil just to say that it would be a nice boost to have some excitement around here and a bit of fun would help us to change our thoughts for a bit. I hope you will take a moment to read my first ever e-mail send to you and that some day some where we will meet . It would be an honor to see both you and Robin. Happy Holidays to you and yours. 

Nancy  

Montreal, Quebec Canada 

December 11, 2005, 9:55 am CST

We All Benefit From The In-Your-Face Wisdom of Dr Phil

Hi Dr. Phil and Wonderful Robin, 

It is so inspiring to see a healthy relationship such as yours. I truly believe in the no-coddling start repecting yourself "theropy" you administer.  

It's difficult to put into words the influence you have and the genuine "HELP" you have given so many people.  

THANK YOU!!! 

I am hesitant to even ask for anything in the wake of people's real needs. Perhaps, I only need a nudge from someone who may read this. I wrote a children's chapter book and all who have read it love it. I am very proud that I even got it finished. I have no money to get the process going to publish it. I would love to share it with MANY CHILDREN. I BELIEVE IT IS WORTH IT.  if anyone reading these messages (or Dr Phil) could give me a boost I would appreciate it so much! Thank you for taking the time to read this. Candace 

December 11, 2005, 10:15 am CST

No help for me !

Dr. Phil and Robin, 

I have to say there are to many problems in my life for any holiday giveaway to ever help so all I could say is that I wish you and your family a very blessed holiday and to all out there to whom you help also. And for those who may not get a material holiday may we all pray for them that they will and especially that they know someone loves them. Please everyone, pray for each other and say a big one for Dr. Phil and Robin for their generousity, kindness and love. My holiday wish is to big I think even for you Dr. Phil but God bless you anyway. Your a Godsend to a lot of people and I thank you and Robin for being able to make me smile once in awhile. God Bless and Merry Christmas.    

December 11, 2005, 10:26 am CST

Happy Holidays

Dear Dr. Phil and Robin, 

Bless you for all that you do. I would like to be included in the giveaway on December 16th. We are foster/adoptive parents in Maryland and have been lucky to be able to adopt two of the children we fostered in 2003. We took a year off and couldn't wait to rejoin. We now have 2 foster children from a family of 6 that had to be split up because of housing issues and would like to be able to give all the children from that family of 6 a special Christmas, as well as our adopted and natural children. We are trying to get all of the 6 children together for a small gift exchange on Dec 24 with all of the families involved, including the adopted, natural and foster children. I would like to be able to suprise the children with extra special gifts and am asking for your help. If there is anything you can do, even if it is just to pay for the lunch for everyone, we would be more than greatful. 

Thank You 

December 11, 2005, 12:00 pm CST

My Christmas Gift To All Of Dr. Phils Staff

I have a gift for Dr. Phil and Robin and all of their staff.  My Christmas page is #1 on the Google Search Engine for "Mary Did You Know" and I would love to share my Christmas gift with Dr. Phil and Robin and all the staff for all the wonderful things you all are doing to make Christmas brighter for those that truly need a miracle in their lives this year.  Thank you each and everyone of you on the Dr. Phil show.  Merry Christmas, Bonnie Geddes 

http://www.bonniesplace1.com/Marydid.html 

December 11, 2005, 12:07 pm CST

Good Wishes and Happy Holidays to the McGraws

I just wanted to take a moment and sent Merry Christmas wishes to Dr. Phil, Robin, and their kids. As a mother to three children ( a daughter age 9 and two nephews age 18 and 13) I truly appreciate his whole influence on our life. They seem to spend a great deal of their time caring for others and I would like to send good blessings to them. Thank you for all you do and have a very Merry Christmas and Beautiful New Year.   Sincerely, Susan Castellow

December 11, 2005, 12:07 pm CST

Autism

Dear Dr.Phil & Robin, 

Im the one who emailed you a few weeks back about wishing for a kind of living/educational facility for children and adults aflicted with Autism.  I mentioned there's a 230 acre parcel of land about 2 miles from me that would be a godsend for this wish to come true.  It would be the first of it's kind.  While the teachers/therapists do the best the can, the funding simply isn't there to do more that these people deserve to hopefully be able to live on there own or perhaps in a assisted living setting which still could be on this same property.  I'd be thrilled to at least get a call from the both of you and I'd also suggested that some additional well known names might want to be a part of this if that's okay.  If you call me, I'd be more than happy to give you my attorneys' phone number just to prove that this is for real.  I pray for the world to be more aware of Autism and it's on the rise in this country.  Sincerely, Respectfully, Peggy in Traverse City, Michigan. 

December 11, 2005, 12:42 pm CST

Dr. Phil Holiday Giveaways

Dr. Phil & Robin, 

My request is not for myself but for my wife.  We both work during the day and video tape your show everyday.  Obviously when we come home and it's dinner time - we're in front of the TV watching your show for the day.  I feel listening to you is like the moments relaxation that she needs from her job.  You see, she's the financial counselor for the The Patient Help Fund for The York Cancer Center.  Many of the people she interviews are not able to afford the treatments for their cancer and deal with the daily expenses of living.  She has helped over 150 families this year to the tune of over a 1/4 million dollars for daily living expenses.  It is a very stressful job but also rewarding.  She has lost many patients to all types of cancer and they were more like friends then patients.  If it is possible to include her in just a phone call from you it would make her day.  I love her dearly and would appreciate what you could do this Christmas. 

Thanks and God Bless you and your family, 

DennisTilton 

December 11, 2005, 12:44 pm CST

12/16 Dr. Phil and Robin's Holiday Giveaways

Dear Dr. Phil and Robin: 

Let me start by saying that I love your show and I try not to miss it. So let me start and tell you about my year. Last April my son and I lost everything in the flooding here in Ulster county NY. I am a single mom of a 14-year-old son. Therefore, it is hard enough raising a child on my own but to loose your home and all of your belongings. I bought a mobile home about a year and half ago like most people I want to own my home. Being single I could not afford a house so it the next best thing. I put all I had into it. Then in April, it started to rain and the creek got higher next thing we knew we were told we had to leave our home. I did and on my way out we got stuck in the water my car was floating the firefighter had to get us out of the car. Therefore, I lost my car as well. We also had to go in by boat to get my two cats. I was scared did not know what to do… thank god for the Red Cross. I found an apartment that we are in now. (I have a wonderful boyfriend who helped me threw this.) My son was great threw all of this. Know that he lost everything he owned he was great. I have been raising my son since he was two years old on my own. In addition, his father stopped coming around about 7 years ago. I wish I could do more for him. Then last week we had to put down one of our cats. We think he had cancer. It was really hard to deal with. My friends tell me that I have a dark cloud above my head. If it were not for bad luck, i would not have any luck at all. I also was told i have fribo. I hurt everyday but I get up, go to work, and make a living to provide for my son. Maybe if you pick us for one of your giveaways this year maybe you can take way the dark cloud and bring the sun again. Thank you for taking the time to read my note.  

I wish you and your family a wonderful holiday… 

sincerely 

Tracy 

my poor little baby that i had to give to god... 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last