Message Boards

Topic : 12/16 Dr. Phil and Robin's Holiday Giveaways

Number of Replies: 286
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 09, 2005, 04:06:32 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Come celebrate the most wonderful time of the year with a special show: The holiday giveaways show! Dr. Phil and Robin bring the magic of the holiday season to an audience filled with families affected by Hurricane Katrina. With a stash of gifts that’s bigger than ever, the pair give Santa a run for his money. Does he mind? Find out for yourself as he arrives on the scene to help Dr. Phil and Robin spread some holiday cheer – plus this season’s hottest gifts. And for the first time, some lucky viewers at home get in on the giveaways with a surprise phone call from Dr. Phil during the show. What will Dr. Phil and Robin be putting under their tree? You won't believe your eyes! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 11, 2005, 12:48 pm CST

Christmas give a way..

Thank you Dr.Phil and Robin for such love you can show to the country.I am talking about your give -a- way to the Katrina victims.They are so in need and most have lost everything they owned and some have even lost their dignity and hope.Thank you and may God bless you and your family in this holiest of seasons to show the country what Christmas is really about...Sharing,love & compassion. 

I went through Katrina,live about 45 miles s/w of N.Orleans.Every day on the news when they show all the homes destroyed and the displaced people I thank God that he spared me and my family with just roof damage and a lot of hot days without electricity.We made it .We were lucky. 

I feel so bad for those without this season. And yes,I do donate,I bought extra toys this year for the toy fund and I have donated to the Red Cross.For I believe what goes around,comes around. 

Again...Thanks.  ~Merry Christmas and A Very Happy New Year to you and yours~ 

December 11, 2005, 1:13 pm CST

Those less fortunate....

Dr. Phil and Robin, 

I am writting in hopes to make the Christmas Holidays a little brighter for my children. I'm a single mother who lost my job back at the end of September. I have a 12yr old daughter and a 6yr old son. The gifts I had placed in lay-a-way for them went back soon after.  Shelter and food were more important at the time. Do to pending appeals, I receive no monitary assistance.  Child support doesn't go to court until after the New Year, hopefully by February, so there is no income. I would just like to see them get a little something. New clothes and shoes that fit. What toys my kids have are well taken care of, and yet they both desided to take a few and donate to a local food bank that we had been going to to get help with food. They said there are still kids out there who have even less than they do. I am proud of both of them...the way they think of others, but would still like to see them happy when they wake up this Christmas morning. Thank you for all you do for everyone. The types of shows you do and the words of wisdom do make a difference. 

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!! 

Melissa 

December 11, 2005, 2:08 pm CST

help me give my children the christmas they deserve

dear dr. phil, 

i am excited to see you and robin are doing your christmas special again.  you both have blessed so many people and made them have hope again. i hope that you both will concider me and my family.  money has been a big problem for us and we haven't be able to get our children much of anything for christmas this year.  i think we have managed to get them 2 things a piece.  i  have a christmas wish and it is, i wish you and robin could help me and my husband give our children a wonderful christmas like i see you give to the other children. and to give us hope again that we will get out of this rut that we are in and be able to live again. 

your true fan, 

tammy dunn 

December 11, 2005, 2:17 pm CST

12/16 Dr. Phil and Robin's Holiday Giveaways

Dr Phil I have watched your show ever since it started.  I am sorry to say that I only get to see it one day a week.  I work the other four days part time for the Irving Texas Police Dept.  I enjoy your criticisms and your witticisms.  I have also learned a lot .  Please continue the good work.  You have helped a lot of people and you have embarrassed a lot of people.  But maybe sometime we need a little embarrassment to wake us up.  You and Robin have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year. 

Barbara Babb 

e-mail:  barbara.babb@gte.net 

December 11, 2005, 2:54 pm CST

please choose me to win a gift

dear dr phil and beautiful robin, i just read your about your shows for this week and i am so impressed with both of you , i have never missed your shows i watch them everyday , i love you both.  i am hoping that you would pick me to win something i have never won anything  yet. last year was such a bad year for me my husband of 36 years was diagonised with prostate cancer he had radiation treatments for 40 days and so far this year has been cancer free but he has become a very bad diabetic. i would love to win something and share it with him and cheer him up. i hope that you and your wonderful family have a joyous holiday  with all my love to everyone god bless you. thank you for reading this letter it means the world to me. my name is mary carlin and i live in shrewsbury, massachusetts 01545

December 11, 2005, 3:07 pm CST

Dr Phil and Robin's giveaways

Hi Dr Phil i would like to know how your at home viewers can be apart of your giveaway... GOD BLESS YOU AND ROBIN for what you are doing to help others in need again this year... Your show always touches lives in a positive way..... Miranda in VA

December 11, 2005, 3:16 pm CST

Holiday giveaway ? Honduras

Reading your topics for this week, I wondered if you had a gift for the street children of Honduras.  My family are celebrating this year by helping the people of "Mission Lazuras" serve the children of Southwest Honduras.  My daughter spent the summer in San Marcos and Choluteca and has returned taking her Daddy to work for a week during her college break..  

Mission Lazarus  (allisonbrown@missionlazarus.org )oversees a Medical Clinic,  Early childhildhood education center, Vocational schools for men and women.  They have been blessed to purchase a farm/dairy to turn into an orphanage, plans are going well in this endevor. Honduras is ranked in the top 5 by the UN in aids infections. The medical clinic is working to get grants and funding for additional focus in the fight against aids. The distruction from Hurricane Mitch in 1998 is still evident. I don't know the most pressing needs, but shipping cost  to get materials and medical equipment to this area is exorbitant.  If you would be able to get/give assistance in the shipping of  materials into Choluteca that would be so awesome.  Thank you in 'shooting straight from the hip" in your help to families in crisis.  Also, for the wisdom in trying to get people to be accountable to themselves for their decisions and the results that come from those decisions.  God Bless you, your family, and staff.  Christ Lives, Shirley 

December 11, 2005, 3:37 pm CST

Give Thanks

I just read the messages posted about the "give away" show. I think most of you know the shows are planned and many taped ahead of time. I wish all those asking for assistance  - new and renewed good health and luck in 2006. Let us all be thankful Dr Phil and Robin and the show can do what they already do so well in helping others. I hope many of you can realize not all will be helped. In your city or town there are many wonderful charities and Churches willing and able to help. Please do not wait for "Dr Phil" to call for your help. Call one of the local charities or local news teams and share your wishes. There are Churches adopting families, offices having gift exchanges that would rather share their good fortune with others, Jaycees and Rotaries and Lions Clubs, Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts wanting to help. They just need to know who to help sometimes... Dr Phil can not do it all and He has many willing partners in Compassion to help him out. Call someone, Call.  Perhaps you might have resources to help someone some day....It is ok to ask this year, perhaps next year you will be the Giving....God Bless You and Your family.. God has Blessed Dr Phil and Co.!

December 11, 2005, 3:44 pm CST

All in need

Amazing reading the posts here, it definitely has been tough for a lot of you and my prayers are with you. I too am having it rough as I am starting over after a 27 year marrige. However I choose to keep trying to make my life better and I know that putting God in my life first will be a light guiding my path. To all of you May the season be one of love for each other and thankfulness for what you do have, remember there is always someone who is worse than thou. Our nation has undergone severe tradegies not only in our horrible weather disasters, also the loss of human lives in Iraq..our soldiers and the Iraqi people who are trying to rebuild..How many of the families of our soldiers are alone on this Christmas without their loves one..instead of asking for ourselves Give to those, and hope for all of those families to heal. God bless  all and I think it would be tough for the Dr Phil show to outdo last years..it was GREAT

December 11, 2005, 4:12 pm CST

Giveaway show

Please don't get me wrong--I'm very happy for all who receive something on Dr.Phil & Robin's giveaway show--I will be very quiet and sad--I won't be able to watch the show--I'm having a sad Christmas this year (has been like this for 4yrs.this Christmas)I wish I could get something for my grandchildren to make their Christmas wishes--it's a long story and I feel bad for even writing this--it's just that my grandchldren will not get their simple wishes--don't write back to tell me I'm selfish--I know--I am!! I just love my little ones sooo much that it hurts--you don't know my story--please don't judge me--your not in my shoes!! Thank you for listening--it helped some--God Bless----Sad Grandmother----

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last