Message Boards

Topic : 12/20 Christmas Miracle

Number of Replies: 138
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 15, 2005, 05:23:32 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Gwen started life with the odds against her. Her father died tragically in a fire the day she was born, and doctors told her mother that because of a life-threatening illness, Gwen probably wouldn't live past the age of 7. For years she struggled with her illness and, just when all hope appeared to be lost, everything changed. Find out why her family believes they have received two miracles this year and what Dr. Phil has planned to make this holiday the best ever for her. Then, David suffers from hemophilia and feels excruciating pain every day. He hasn't been able to work and says the worst part is knowing he is a burden to his family. See Dr. Phil's life-changing surprise for David and his family. Plus, Kathy defied her verbally abusive husband to appear on Dr. Phil recently and determined that she needed out of her relationship. Follow her journey since then and see why she believes her miracle -- is Dr. Phil! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 20, 2005, 7:44 am CST

12/20 Christmas Miracle

While watching the show today, I wasnt sure what to expect.  WIth the previous things that Dr. Phil has done in the past, I wasnt sure what he could do to even compare to that.  However, after watching today, it never seems to amaze me what he does for others.  Every story that was on the show today made me cry.  Dr. Phil and Robin, and the staff are absolutely the greatest.   

December 20, 2005, 7:50 am CST

MIRACLES DO HAPPEN

Quote From: polarburg

Dr. Phil does his viewers a huge disservice by promoting the kooky and wrong-headed view that people's lives are improved or saved by "miracles." True, some people benefit from pure luck -- when random events happen to fall in their favor. But for Dr. Phil and his guests to suggest that supernatural powers are at play gives viewers false hopes. The cemeteries are full of people who left the living praying for some sort of a miracle. It's better to trust in yourself, and to try your best to make the right decisions about your life, than to waste time and energy hoping for a supernatural event that will never come.
Miracles really do happen-yes there is a greater power in this world-his name is JESUS CHRIST-Dr. Phil helps so many people-he does this world good it is really sad that there is not more people like Dr. Phil in this world.Dr. Phil and Robin go out of their way to help people some  are grateful some are not,but if 1 life is touched or changed by the show it makes it all worth while.YES MIRACLES DO HAPPEN<Dr. Phil  and Robin are  Blessings  from God to this world.

December 20, 2005, 7:50 am CST

Heather850

I watch your show every morning. This morning's show, along with many others, have been such an inspiration. Dr. Phil and Robin, I respect the two of you so much. You have given so much to so many people and I only wish that everyone's hearts were as pure as yours. I live all the way in North Carolina but I hope one day I can afford to make it to California to become a part of your audience...until then, I will continue to support you from home. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas...I know that the two of you have contribributed in making many people's Christmas this year a very special one. 

December 20, 2005, 8:12 am CST

Christmas Miracles

Quote From: spiritwolf

I was truly touched by this story and it brought tears to my eyes.  To have a second chance at life is something so many do not get.  I am a spiritual person but not through the views of Christianity, and I do not believe in miracles..or do I?  Miracles are nothing short of Magick, for through magick (I use a K to differentiate between stage Magic) as we Wiccas practice, it is also a sending out of prayers and lighting candles for those in need to aid in healing, to aid in spiritual comfort, similar to those who light candles in a church, or kneel down and pray to their God.  So, there are minute differences.   

I also believe there are no coincidences in life.  That things do happen for a reason, even death.  But, for this couple, as you have said Dr. Phil, "...kissing through and oxygen tube..." now that's love... 

I pray for their lifelong happiness for who could better understand each other than those who have gone through the same fears, anxieties, and life regenerating experience. 

I missed the show, but I do try to read about them when I have the opportunity...I am glad I came here this morning. 

Brightest Blessings 

Elizabeth 

I was truly blessed by the show today. 

God Bless you Elizabeth,I too believe deeply in God, and if I did not believe that all things happened for a reason, I truly could not go on.We lost our son Jason from injuries sustained in an aaccident, at the age of 24 in 2002,but not before his wish to be a donor came true, he told me at the age of 17 that this was his wish.Now 3 people are living because  of him, now if that is not a miracle, I don't know what is.Praise God, although we are very sad at the loss of Jason,we are also very proud because of the decision he made.Thank you Dr.Phil, please have more shows like the one today. 

"GOD BLESS YOU ALL" 

Helen 

December 20, 2005, 8:13 am CST

WHAT A RIDE.

I had a colon resection in March 2004. My mom had passed in 1991 at age 49 with colon cancer. I did NOT want to take any  chances. In April, only 6 weeks later, everything fell apart, and I had an emergency surgery to repair leak. I have a colostomy and they left my stomach open to heal from the inside. I STILL go to wound care daily for an open wound, and am scheduled to have a skin graft to close the hole. I found out yesterday, I have a very bad infection, so the skin graft has to be postponed. I am so tired of being sick, and I have missed so much work, I can not even see a light at the end of the tunnel. Please encourage me . I am NOT a quitter, but I am so tired.I am thinking of writing a book. I PROMISE...There is NOT enough paper or time to explain it all. Everything that could go wrong, has gone wrong, and NOTHING about what has happened has been normal.

December 20, 2005, 9:02 am CST

Great Response

Quote From: jazzsmom

Could not disagree with you more!!! 

There ARE miracles...every single day!  All you need to do is look for them... 

Do you realize that it is simply a miracle that the sun rises at all?  That there is life on earth?  That you can even have the ability to think and feel and analyze?  Let a snow flake fall onto your arm and look closely at it.   

Maybe you can explain it all away scientifically...of how the ice particles formed, how it came to fall right there on your arm and at just that moment.....but explain to me how there was water on this planet in the first place?  Explain to me how, more than likely, the water that it took to form that snowflake was probably the same water that ran down the Nile in Egypt...or under a surfboard in Hawaii.... 

"The cemeteries are full of people who left the living praying for some sort of miracle...." 

To that, I say....the cemeteries are simply full of PEOPLE....period.  And there are souls who left this world happy and those who left sad...there are those who lived their lives to the fullest and those who filled their moments with cynicism....  Which were the better lives? 

It sounds to me as you have already placed your own soul into the grave by choosing to no longer believe....and that is sad.  Somehow you have lost that childlike innocence....some awful event maybe that took it all away.... 

Lives ARE improved by belief in miracles.  And there is scientific and medical evidence that this is so...  Those who believe live longer and fuller lives....   

Here is a miracle you can sink your teeth in....  It is your RIGHT to believe whatever you believe...but the bottom line is that you DO believe in something....your own freedom of choice.  So where did that reasoning that you express come from?  After all, you are just a bunch of atoms, clumped all together...you should have no thoughts, no reasoning, no nothing....you should not even be able to communicate... 

But you do.  Because, you see....YOU are a miracle.  If you believe in yourself, then you, too, are believing in a miracle.... 

More power to you....   

Thank you for your repsonse. I was furious when I read the first message because my 1 year old son has Cystic Fibrosis and I believe in the God who created us all and I know that He cares about my baby and He answers our prayers. It may not be what we want, but that's because we don't see the big picture. God knows what will happen in 5 years, 10 years, etc. and He knows better than I do what is best for my family. If going through this helps other people and brings them to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ...then it's worth it. It's not easy...but it's worth it. 

December 20, 2005, 9:05 am CST

My views

Quote From: polarburg

Dr. Phil does his viewers a huge disservice by promoting the kooky and wrong-headed view that people's lives are improved or saved by "miracles." True, some people benefit from pure luck -- when random events happen to fall in their favor. But for Dr. Phil and his guests to suggest that supernatural powers are at play gives viewers false hopes. The cemeteries are full of people who left the living praying for some sort of a miracle. It's better to trust in yourself, and to try your best to make the right decisions about your life, than to waste time and energy hoping for a supernatural event that will never come.

I am a devout Christian so obviously I disagree with your logic.  However, I am open minded enough to accept that you have the right to your own view.  So I and many others expect the same from you.  We are not kooks, freaks, weaklings or fanatics we simply believe soemthing different.  If you knew the subject matter of this show why did you watch it?  I for example avoid Howard Stern, Eminem, and Marilyn Manson because I find them offensive.   

I had a very dear friend die suddenly two months ago, did I wonder why it happened to her? yes.  Did I blame God for my lose? no. 

December 20, 2005, 9:10 am CST

I totally disagree

Quote From: tarandon

I totally agree w/you. Don't forget that the same people that are sitting around waiting for a miracle also believe in virgin births, walking on water, ect.,ect., The reason they ususally invest the wasted time and effort praying for a miracle is because it takes the pressure to do something about their situation off of themselves.

Although in my previous post I had described a difference between miracles and magick, there is little difference. For those of us on a spiritual path it is about the healing vibrations that are accepted through a universal divine.  I do not believe in God per say, but many goddesses and gods.  Yet, I pray and light candles for those in need of help, whether it be physical, emotional, or even spiritually.  This is the same thing as going into the church and lighting a candle and kneeling down to pray.  I seek assistance from the universal order of things.  We all have that power of healing within us, we just need to tap into it.  As children we are stiffled and all those things that we are told were only imagination could have in fact been quite real.  We are then instilled with what adults believe to be normal and our abilities to truly dream and believe in the unordinary are squashed.  I believe that Dr. Phil has offered so many people so much help.  There are never any right or true answers and it is up to each individual to decided.  Do they want to get well?  Do they want to stop the abusive patterns in their lives?  Do they want the help to begin with?  And if not, why would they be on the show to begin with.  People have choices and Dr. Phil presents them with ideas and ways out of various situations and offers his help.  It is up to the participate as to whether or not they will accept the hand of  healing, so to speak.  I do not believe he gives false hope, for we all look for hope in times of darkness.  We all look for that beacon of light that perhaps things will get better.  He does not tell them that truly, in deed, in fact, this is the 'CURE', but gives them the opportunity to try something different that may  help.  If we do not seek out the answers we may never know if we could have done anything to change our circumstances or situations.  Dr. Phil offers those opportunities if not for anything else but the "hopes" that it will work.  So many people are not given the chances that these people have had.... 

BRAVO Dr. Phil....YOU ROCK!!! 

December 20, 2005, 9:42 am CST

Wow..

Quote From: tarandon

I totally agree w/you. Don't forget that the same people that are sitting around waiting for a miracle also believe in virgin births, walking on water, ect.,ect., The reason they ususally invest the wasted time and effort praying for a miracle is because it takes the pressure to do something about their situation off of themselves.
Wow. I don't know what else to say. It must really suck having nothing to believe in.........

December 20, 2005, 9:55 am CST

My Miracle

My miracle? Yes, I experienced a true miracle.  

In March of 2003, I gave birth to a little boy- there were some birth problems. When my Dr arrived, he literally pulled the baby from me and the respiratory team jumped into action. I had 2 excellent Drs, who told me my son was very sick and had to be airlifted to a hospital 100+ miles away. When the helicopter arrived, the Nurses made me have a picture taken with him- little did I know they didn't think he would last the flight. He arrived at Albany Medical Center- a fabulous hospital- where he received excellent care, but no one could determine what was wrong with him. They discovered that he had large blood clots throughout his body, and a very low calcium level. Nothing they did was having any effect, and they let me stay with him 24 hrs a day. I sat in a chair, holding his foot and praying "please don't let him die" On Tuesday, at 10:am, while I sat there, I had the experience of someone reaching underneath my arms and lifting me up. Within 2 hours, my son had stablized, and from that moment on, he got better by the hour. It was discovered later that I had parathyroid cancer, which had caused his calcium levels to be non-existent, and  the clots to form. A month after this, I had surgery and they were able to cut out all of the tumor from my neck- He is now a very healthy and highly active 2+ year old, and I am a healthy and happy 42 year old. We had excellent Doctors and Nurses, all of whom deserve much credit, but even they were perplexed as to why he came around so quickly- and at all...... 

If that ain't a miracle, baby, I don't know what is....... 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last