Message Boards

Topic : 12/20 Christmas Miracle

Number of Replies: 138
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 15, 2005, 05:23:32 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Gwen started life with the odds against her. Her father died tragically in a fire the day she was born, and doctors told her mother that because of a life-threatening illness, Gwen probably wouldn't live past the age of 7. For years she struggled with her illness and, just when all hope appeared to be lost, everything changed. Find out why her family believes they have received two miracles this year and what Dr. Phil has planned to make this holiday the best ever for her. Then, David suffers from hemophilia and feels excruciating pain every day. He hasn't been able to work and says the worst part is knowing he is a burden to his family. See Dr. Phil's life-changing surprise for David and his family. Plus, Kathy defied her verbally abusive husband to appear on Dr. Phil recently and determined that she needed out of her relationship. Follow her journey since then and see why she believes her miracle -- is Dr. Phil! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 16, 2005, 9:33 am CST

Miracle

Hi, I went through two major surgeries due to endometrisos and had to miss 20 weeks of work. It was so scary because it was poisining my body. If I didn't have surgeries I could of died.Sometimes when I got out of bed I couldn't feel my legs and would colapsed to the floor. During that time I was sick all the time and couldn't do anything.I felt so bad for my kids because all I could do was watch movies and read to them.I'm so thankful that God made me strong and that I survived it.Now I'm just so scared that we could lose everything including our mortgage.It snowballed us in debt.I also so afraid that it's not going to be a very could christmas for them.Please help us,Jodee

December 17, 2005, 9:03 am CST

Miracles Every Day

Miracles happen every day- and you don't have to rely on Dr Phil to hand them out. They come from God and He gives you them each day. I wake up every morning and say "Thank you God for only letting good things happen to me" And they do- every day. We just have to look for them. Merry Christmas everyone and thanks for being my friend.

December 19, 2005, 9:00 am CST

My own miracle

Well, I haven`t seen this show yet however believe that I can relate.  I am a 25 yr old woman battling Cystic Fibrosis.  I am currently waiting for a double lung transplant.  I am hopeful and believe that I too, will receive a miracle...if not a Christmas Miracle...then a miracle in the New Year.  I do believe in the power of prayer and believe that attitude has much to do with the healing process so I`m keeping my spirits up and hoping for the best.  Miracles happen everyday and I know my day will come.  I`ve been witness to several already as I have met many people who have undergone lung, liver and heart transplant.  These miracles have given each and every one of those people a new life...another chance at life!  And it`s all because someone out there was kind enough to sign their donor card and be that special angel for someone else.  Can`t wait for my angel!!    Merry Christmas all and God Bless!  Kristen

December 19, 2005, 7:02 pm CST

Dr. Phil is an ANGEL

I have a genetic disorder called Alpha One Antitrypson Deficiency which caused my lungs to destroy themselves.  At the age of 40 I had very little lung left, full blown Emphysema.  At the age of 50 and on Nov. 1st 2003 I had my first of many miricles,single lung transplant.  With Dr. Phil's words, passion,and dedication he gave ME the tools, thoughts and motivation that I needed to prepare for the fight of my life.  The good Lord gave me the courage, stamina, a positive spirit to endure and a lot of hope.  He also enriched me with Love, support of family and friends, and a fabulous medical team.  Needless to say the surgery was successful, the recovery was fun and exciting and blessings everywhere I turned.  Prayers are answered, Miricles do happen, Life is precious and with every breathe I take I whisper a thankyou to God, the Donor Family and my Angel, Dr. Phil.  I would love to be someones Angel, if I could help!     

December 20, 2005, 5:35 am CST

The best gift

If I get no gifts for Christmas this year, just knowing that Dr. Phil helped a battered woman start fresh will be all I need! 

I am also an abuse survivor and I know how much it means to have someone on your side.  When I finally decided to leave I was so beaten down that I could barely function there was no way I could have made it without help. 

December 20, 2005, 6:13 am CST

There are no miracles

Dr. Phil does his viewers a huge disservice by promoting the kooky and wrong-headed view that people's lives are improved or saved by "miracles." True, some people benefit from pure luck -- when random events happen to fall in their favor. But for Dr. Phil and his guests to suggest that supernatural powers are at play gives viewers false hopes. The cemeteries are full of people who left the living praying for some sort of a miracle. It's better to trust in yourself, and to try your best to make the right decisions about your life, than to waste time and energy hoping for a supernatural event that will never come.

December 20, 2005, 7:11 am CST

Miracle, Magick, or Coincidence

I was truly touched by this story and it brought tears to my eyes.  To have a second chance at life is something so many do not get.  I am a spiritual person but not through the views of Christianity, and I do not believe in miracles..or do I?  Miracles are nothing short of Magick, for through magick (I use a K to differentiate between stage Magic) as we Wiccas practice, it is also a sending out of prayers and lighting candles for those in need to aid in healing, to aid in spiritual comfort, similar to those who light candles in a church, or kneel down and pray to their God.  So, there are minute differences.   

I also believe there are no coincidences in life.  That things do happen for a reason, even death.  But, for this couple, as you have said Dr. Phil, "...kissing through and oxygen tube..." now that's love... 

I pray for their lifelong happiness for who could better understand each other than those who have gone through the same fears, anxieties, and life regenerating experience. 

I missed the show, but I do try to read about them when I have the opportunity...I am glad I came here this morning. 

Brightest Blessings 

Elizabeth 

December 20, 2005, 7:27 am CST

Well said!

Quote From: polarburg

Dr. Phil does his viewers a huge disservice by promoting the kooky and wrong-headed view that people's lives are improved or saved by "miracles." True, some people benefit from pure luck -- when random events happen to fall in their favor. But for Dr. Phil and his guests to suggest that supernatural powers are at play gives viewers false hopes. The cemeteries are full of people who left the living praying for some sort of a miracle. It's better to trust in yourself, and to try your best to make the right decisions about your life, than to waste time and energy hoping for a supernatural event that will never come.
 I totally agree w/you. Don't forget that the same people that are sitting around waiting for a miracle also believe in virgin births, walking on water, ect.,ect., The reason they ususally invest the wasted time and effort praying for a miracle is because it takes the pressure to do something about their situation off of themselves.

December 20, 2005, 7:34 am CST

12/20 Christmas Miracle

Quote From: polarburg

Could not disagree with you more!!! 

There ARE miracles...every single day!  All you need to do is look for them... 

Do you realize that it is simply a miracle that the sun rises at all?  That there is life on earth?  That you can even have the ability to think and feel and analyze?  Let a snow flake fall onto your arm and look closely at it.   

Maybe you can explain it all away scientifically...of how the ice particles formed, how it came to fall right there on your arm and at just that moment.....but explain to me how there was water on this planet in the first place?  Explain to me how, more than likely, the water that it took to form that snowflake was probably the same water that ran down the Nile in Egypt...or under a surfboard in Hawaii.... 

"The cemeteries are full of people who left the living praying for some sort of miracle...." 

To that, I say....the cemeteries are simply full of PEOPLE....period.  And there are souls who left this world happy and those who left sad...there are those who lived their lives to the fullest and those who filled their moments with cynicism....  Which were the better lives? 

It sounds to me as you have already placed your own soul into the grave by choosing to no longer believe....and that is sad.  Somehow you have lost that childlike innocence....some awful event maybe that took it all away.... 

Lives ARE improved by belief in miracles.  And there is scientific and medical evidence that this is so...  Those who believe live longer and fuller lives....   

Here is a miracle you can sink your teeth in....  It is your RIGHT to believe whatever you believe...but the bottom line is that you DO believe in something....your own freedom of choice.  So where did that reasoning that you express come from?  After all, you are just a bunch of atoms, clumped all together...you should have no thoughts, no reasoning, no nothing....you should not even be able to communicate... 

But you do.  Because, you see....YOU are a miracle.  If you believe in yourself, then you, too, are believing in a miracle.... 

More power to you....   

December 20, 2005, 7:38 am CST

Kathy

I, as well, suffered being in too many relationships that were not only emotionally abusing, but physically and spiritually as well.  I know once we are in these relationships it seems like we will never be free of the torment, the fear, the anguish and depair, yet there are ways out.  For me, it was extremely difficult because I refused to bring my family in to any of it..I decided to leave of my own accord and did suffer at the hands of my first husband.  Being an active alcoholic and drug addict during those times did not make matters any easier...yet, growing up in a dysfunctional family where dad was an alcoholic was even more difficult...what I thought was normal was actually so very wrong on all levels..but it was the only life I knew and I thought it was.  After getting clean and sober (over fifteen years now) and many years of therapy, I was able to discover that there is so much to life and that to allow others to suppress our living, our being is so not right.  Many people who do this to others are on a power trip or have some sort of mental disorder themselves and have even at times grown up in dysfunctional families as well.  It is no excuse for treating someone you supposedly love the way they do.  I totally understand your fears, your hesitations, and your doubts about yourself.  But don't you feel just wonderful now!!!  To know that you can be who you were truly  meant to be..to be who you want to be...to have freedom!!!!  What an awesome feeling this must be for you and I applaud you for having the courage to get out.  It is not an easy thing, frightening to say the least because change causes fear in most.  But, it was for the best and it will only get better from here. 

Many Blessing to you and Dr. Phil and his wife as well..... 

Be well, Be safe, Be Happy 

Elizabeth 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last