Message Boards

Topic : 01/03 Love Resolutions

Number of Replies: 128
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 12:02:44 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
It's a new year and time for resolutions! If you're looking to put the spark back into your marriage or find the relationship you've always dreamed of, this is your year to turn your love life around. Dr. Phil's first guests say they've lost that "lovin' feelin'" in their marriage because they bicker about everything -- from what to watch on TV to who should drive the car. Will they learn to become the stars in their own marriage? Then, Dr. Phil follows up with Janet and Noelle, who are determined to find a man. After reading Love Smart and brushing up on their dating skills, how will their next dates go? And Jeannie and Jo-Ann are back to get more dating advice from Dr. Phil. It's time for these guests -- and you -- to get a love fix in 2006! Share your thoughts.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 3, 2006, 5:24 pm CST

dating

Dr. Phil, you said that there would be a interactive exercise that people could take, where is it? 

January 3, 2006, 5:43 pm CST

01/03 Love Resolutions

Quote From: jim1970

No.  Women (who are supposed to be independent and roaring) are the unfaithful ones.  I ALWAYS wanted to get married since I was IN MY TEENS.  I  NEVER wanted to go down this road.  But, years of torture have made me realize that American women are worse than priests.  They abuse men psychologically and financially.  While women claim that WE are unfaithful, it is THEY who wear short skirts and plunging necklines IN PUBLIC and say that flirting is harmless. 

I'm the best-and I'm finding a real woman....outside of America. 

And a grateful nation (of American Women) thanks you. 

January 3, 2006, 5:59 pm CST

01/03 Love Resolutions

I wonder if there's any help out there for a forty something overweight female with extremely little dating experience.  I can't even get a guy to look at me let alone ask me out. (and I don't consider myself obese).  My brother keeps trying to get me to join a matchmaking service but I keep chickening out.  Too scared due to lack of dating experience and afraid guys are only looking for skinny beautiful girls and I certainly don't want the rejection.  Oh woe is me!  I guess I'm just destined to be single forever.   I'll pick up Dr. Phil's book and read it, but am wary I won't follow the advice given out of fear of rejection.  Besides, what good is knowing the right questions, if you can't get anyone to look your way anyways.   

Also looking for the quiz Dr. Phil talked about today.  Looking forward to doing them. 

January 3, 2006, 5:59 pm CST

Agree with you too!

Quote From: sallijane7

Here I sit, agreeing with all of you.  I'm 58, and have tried the internet dating scene, well, I've actually met a couple of guys, but all they want is to find a one night stand.  I'm looking for a man who really is looking for a spouse.  One that wants a wife to spend the rest of their life with.  Is that too much to ask.   

Most of us are over weight, and if we are working we don't have the time or energy to go to the gym every night.  Right?  All of the profiles for the guys on the internet say they are looking for someone fit, athletic, thin or maybe even average.  But they don't know what average is.   

Yah I agreed .. knowing mostly guys  likes fit  ladies nice looking and beautiful. Very funny this is all they think is body not inside what we all women  have. Very rare to hear men like chubby women. Guess they are asking for it if men flirting with mates, gf  to make guys jealous. Stay back think about feeling personality and interests.  

January 3, 2006, 6:04 pm CST

love resolutions

I wish I had the answers for all of us over 50, it's not that easy to get back on the scene as the young ones say. We've been there, done that, and bought the T-Shirt only wishing we hadn't in the first place. Our age group isn't into bars, or singles clubs and meaningful friends who think our neighbor is just as available and might be a good catch.  Yeah right! Believe me he isn't. I want excitment, romance, someone who is compassionate, loves to have fun, not someones idea of sitting around with a beer and smokes reading the newspaper and expecting me to happy that at least he's home doing it. Just because we're over 50 doesn't mean we forgot what it's like to be in LOVE!  We also are not home in rocking chairs and unable to move about. So don't knock it till you've tried it, there's experience that comes with age that you won't find with Miss Perfect. So take a chance and look past all that, we're just as vulnerable as you are. We want more than just a one night stand. Are you sure you can handle it?

January 3, 2006, 6:24 pm CST

This one is for Jeannie ;)

I don't know if your gonna ever get this message jeannie but i thought what the heck don't know if i don't try lol.  I think that your a very pretty woman and would love to get to know you better ;).  I am a man that loves a person for what they have inside and outside not just looks.  The looks are a bonus when it comes to you :).  You seem like a very kindhearted woman and hope to hear back from ya if not then can't say i didn't try.  Guess i will wait and see what happens.  Take care and keep that pretty face smiling because you never know who might be falling in love with it :).

January 3, 2006, 6:34 pm CST

Chill out on the stories

my name is shayla and i watched the show today, and honey, guys don't want to hear all about your life story and all of your ex-boyfriends. Atleast not on the first date. your job on the first date is to sit there and look pretty. Right ol' buddy drphil? 

January 3, 2006, 7:09 pm CST

01/03 Love Resolutions

Quote From: almire

Dr. Phil, you said that there would be a interactive exercise that people could take, where is it? 

Authenticity Litmus Test 

I think this is what you want 

January 3, 2006, 7:14 pm CST

LMFAO!!!

Quote From: lyninsocal

And a grateful nation (of American Women) thanks you. 

Another thankful American Woman

January 3, 2006, 7:18 pm CST

Single and sick of it

Hi Dr. Phil, 

I watched today's show with the hope that I would see my own situation and get some insight into why I keep making the same mistake.  I have thought about all of my relationships and what went wrong and what was right.  This year will be a different year for me as far as dating.  I have allowed some things to happen in my life that I should have not tolerated and I have made major mistakes along the way.  I have been married 3 times and now divorced for 7 years.  The last relationship I allowed a man to fool me.  I thought he was a busy business man, but it turned out that he was a busy engaged business man.  I allowed myself to believe his lies that he wanted out of the relationship, but after a year of the same old story, I knew it was a lie.  Busy business man is code for I have another woman.  So 2006 has to better than 2004 and 2005.  I deserve better and I will get better. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last