Message Boards

Topic : 01/03 Love Resolutions

Number of Replies: 128
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 12:02:44 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
It's a new year and time for resolutions! If you're looking to put the spark back into your marriage or find the relationship you've always dreamed of, this is your year to turn your love life around. Dr. Phil's first guests say they've lost that "lovin' feelin'" in their marriage because they bicker about everything -- from what to watch on TV to who should drive the car. Will they learn to become the stars in their own marriage? Then, Dr. Phil follows up with Janet and Noelle, who are determined to find a man. After reading Love Smart and brushing up on their dating skills, how will their next dates go? And Jeannie and Jo-Ann are back to get more dating advice from Dr. Phil. It's time for these guests -- and you -- to get a love fix in 2006! Share your thoughts.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 3, 2006, 7:44 pm CST

Star of my Life Movie

Wow that really hit me hard. Am I the star I would like to cast in my life movie? I've been struggling with my weight for the last 6 years and I've always explained away or justified my compulsive eating. I plan to lose the weight so that at least I like the star I'm looking at.

I'm only 39 but if my husband passes away and I'm older and alone, I'm not going to worry about finding another mate. I'm just going to work on being meaningful in other people's lives. If you have friends you will never be alone.

January 3, 2006, 7:51 pm CST

Dr Phil Show.

Doctor Phil. I think I made a mistake about "Love Smart" I think maybe "Love Smart" is a best way to go and maybe that the way people alt to be and may be for good to the peoples out in the communi 

ity in the United States of America. (USA.) But still it cost too much money but I will buy one one of-- 

these days but in the mean good luck with your new book. I do like your book on Family First and--- enjoy it alot. See you tomorrow Afternoon. Friends Yours. Russell Vlaanderen.--------------------------- 

January 3, 2006, 8:12 pm CST

I am in the same boat

Quote From: fennyfer

I watched the couple who bickered and  what Dr. Phil said when he commented that if one person (he spoke to the woman - naturally) makes the necessary effort that the other person in the marriage will come around.  That would be lovely.  What does one do when the other person believes that he has done nothing wrong and that what his wife has changed is as it should be.  In other words, he takes no notice of her changes and makes none himself at all.  Why should he, it is not HIS problem.  I am just recovering from major depression - some related to this issue.  How can I ever get to who my authentic self is when I have no support....he says I will do anything I can to help her -- except make changes in my actions.  My husband said he watched the show and thought Dr. Phil was right about telling the woman she needed to change....He did not relate to the implications at all.  Now what do I do.
I agree with you, I am kind of wondering about that too.  My husband doesn't even want to give the book a try...so I thought I would read it myself, but who knows?

January 3, 2006, 8:12 pm CST

were is the question page?

does anyone know how to find the question form that Dr. Phil talked about on today's show 1-3-06, I can't seem to find it's location...................Tran6544

January 3, 2006, 8:13 pm CST

Jackrabbit!!! LOL!!

Quote From: cabbit

I just took the man test on this site...the 10 questions about guys and after taking that (I got 8 out of 10 right) but the answers just floored me....infact I thought better of men before I took the test!  

Now I think I'll just get a jackrabbit and call it a day...LOL 

You are killin' me with the jackrabbit comment. I'm going tohave to go take this test everyone is talking about. I would like to see how much I know. Maybe I know too much and THAT"S WHY I've been single for 7 years going on 8 now.

January 3, 2006, 8:17 pm CST

thank you

Quote From: ndunn63383

http://drphil.com/articles/article/503/ 

Above is the link to the 'How Well Do You Know Men' quiz.  If the link does not work you can go to the search box and type in Love Smart and it should give you 10 results, the link will be the ninth one on the list.   

Hopefully you will know more about men than I do!!  :) 

I have been looking for that site , thanks for posting it...........

January 3, 2006, 8:19 pm CST

I give up

I am a single mother of 4 sons, and know that is my problem with men. I was engaged for 3 1/2 years when I was given the wonderful news that he was in love with his 24 yr old assistant (who by the way is married). I sold my home for this man, moved my sons away from all of our family, just to be with him since he didnt want to move away from his own son. I did everything I could for him and he always told me he loved me and would never cheat on me since his ex wife had done that to him. So much for that huh. I dont have a great record when it comes to men. I have been divorced to my sons' father for almost 12 years, got into a relationship fairly quickly after my divorced and got pregnant....was informed he didnt really want children (hello...I had 3) and he split. After waiting almost 5 years I decided to get back into the dating scene...got engaged and well got stood up at the alter. So can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.  

I have a wonderful career and dont want a man for his money just his love. Its amazing how people immediately judge me just because I have 4 children, not even seeing who I am. How many times I have heard..she only wants someone to help take care of those boys. Well that is a bunch of crap since I am the one who owned a home, until I sold it like an idiot for a man. To say I am bitter is an understatement I know but I just want to find a man who loves me for who I am and not just because they want to get me in bed..cause of sure I get those offers all the time but I want more. Sorry I went on and on 

January 3, 2006, 8:31 pm CST

Excuse me???

Quote From: jim1970

No.  Women (who are supposed to be independent and roaring) are the unfaithful ones.  I ALWAYS wanted to get married since I was IN MY TEENS.  I  NEVER wanted to go down this road.  But, years of torture have made me realize that American women are worse than priests.  They abuse men psychologically and financially.  While women claim that WE are unfaithful, it is THEY who wear short skirts and plunging necklines IN PUBLIC and say that flirting is harmless. 

I'm the best-and I'm finding a real woman....outside of America. 

Uummmmmmmm, excuse me, (as she clears a roar out of her throat) but I have never ever ever been unfaithful in any relationship I've had and certainly not while I was married or should I say unhappily married for 7 years. I didn't even date one single guy until after I had been legally divorced for one whole year! Not even a phone relationship! I happen to know some priests that are pretty great people. Do you stereotype everyone? Yes, there are some women who are bad just like there are bad men and bad priests but don't throw the baby out with the bath water! As for the short skirts and plunging necklines??.............A man's self control in sexual areas is NOT the woman's responsibility. If you see a short skirt or plunging neckline..........wear blinders......close your eyes.........look the other way............think about grandma's sagging breasts............use a little self-control! You sound just like man since the beginning of time when Adam said, "It was the WOMAN!!!!" For the love of God............PLEASE seek counseling! 

January 3, 2006, 9:11 pm CST

I don't know what to do!?

I have been dating my boyfriend for more than 2 years now.  I am 20 years old, and he is 18.  I love him very much.  He dropped out of high school his second semester of his senior year to become a manager of a company he is still working for.  The office that was here closed down, so he was going to have to move to continue working for this company, which is his dream.  Bue he didn't want to leave me, so I told him if he didn't leave, I would break up with him because I didn't want to hold him back from his dream. So he left.  He lives 3 hours away.  We didn't talk for the first 3 months he moved.  Then we started dating again.  I get to see him 2 or 3 weekend a month.  And  we talk everyday on the phone, but every time we talk on the phone, we're always bickering at eachother.  And he tells me, "he likes bickering; it keeps our relationship interesting."  I have a hard time dealing with this because I want someone I can see whenever I want to and to be there for me since I'm dealing with depression.  He says that he's going to move back if he can when he opens hihs own office.  But he also says that there are not any cities near me that he can open an office in. 
    My main priority in life is to find love and happiness.  He told me that his main priority in life is to be succesful.  He say's, "if you're rich, then you're happy."  But I know that money doesn't buy happiness.
    He has hinted to me that he has bought me an engagement ring, and he really want me to move in with him...  but I can't even afford my car payments every mont, I have a horse so I would have to have somewhere to keep him, I'm still in college, and what would I do for a job?  Plus, I don't want to move that far away from my family.
    When I watched Dr. Phil today, the couple with the bickering problem reminded me a lot of my boyfriend and I...
    What kind of New Years Resolution csould we make for eachother so I can be happier with our relationship? 

January 3, 2006, 9:13 pm CST

01/03 Love Resolutions

Quote From: sprout

On Nov 12,2005 I remarried my ex-husband, We married the first  time in 1994 divorced in 2000, Following my husband's near fatal motorcycle accident, the day before our plan weekend together. we are back together.  this is where I should be, but don't want to make the same mistake as before which let us to be apart. Any suggestions?
Love and marriage takes committment and work, tell each other every day that you love each other and give compliments and always keep communication lines open. Be there for one another and respect and honor one another. regular date nights are good and every once in a while do something nice for one another.............................I have ben married for almost 13 years and my hubby is still the love of my life. We have had our differences but to even think about being apart from my hubby makes me ill to my stomach. I plan the date nights and I love doing little things for my hubby, cooking his fav mean once in a while and eating with him when the kids are in bed, I love cuddling up next to him and I love writting him love letters. I think sometimes life gets too hectic and we are just too busy to tell our spouses that we love them or what ever and I know for me, it is my desire to keep the fire buring in my marriage and though it takes two to make a marriage happy and successful, sometimes it may take one to get that all started and continuing and for my marriage, this is my goal, to help keep the fire burning........................................ And remember, every one makes mistakes and when things happen, be open, honest and true to one another, forgive and at the same time work to make things better. I believe marruage is a wonderful gift and blessing but unfortuantely there are people who don't look at it like this so therefore they fail.......Kudos to you and your husband for getting back togetehr. I have a friend who got back with her husband and her situation was really bad, he ended up spending some time in prison and before that, didn't have much of anything to do with the kids and was always out doing his own thing, well, long story short, he became a Christian while in prison and he definetly had a changed life, he eventually got out, started coming to church and ivolved in so many good things, including his family and he and his ex got remarried and lived happily for several years before he unexpectedly died. He was definetly a changed man and his life proved that. I believe any marriage can be happy and fullfilling but it takes work and committment, stay i tunes with your self and your husband and I believe you will make it.....................

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last