Message Boards

Topic : 01/03 Love Resolutions

Number of Replies: 128
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 12:02:44 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
It's a new year and time for resolutions! If you're looking to put the spark back into your marriage or find the relationship you've always dreamed of, this is your year to turn your love life around. Dr. Phil's first guests say they've lost that "lovin' feelin'" in their marriage because they bicker about everything -- from what to watch on TV to who should drive the car. Will they learn to become the stars in their own marriage? Then, Dr. Phil follows up with Janet and Noelle, who are determined to find a man. After reading Love Smart and brushing up on their dating skills, how will their next dates go? And Jeannie and Jo-Ann are back to get more dating advice from Dr. Phil. It's time for these guests -- and you -- to get a love fix in 2006! Share your thoughts.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 28, 2005, 8:03 pm CST

01/03 Love Resolutions

My husband and I have a great relationship but certainly there are things that can be worked on. I am not real big on making New Years Resolutions but this year I am committing to be a much better wife to my husband and in return, I know that he will work on himself as well. This is a part of what marriage is, love and committment and to be the best that we can be, not only for our selves but for our spouses as well...The plans that I have is to get back on track with our date nights and to make sure that I tell him every single day that I Love and appreciate him, to praise him more than what I do now. I do not believe that there is one single marriage that is perfect, some may be better then others but not perfect so I feel that there is always room for improvement and I am sure that as the days and months go by, I will think of another area that I need to improve on.

December 28, 2005, 9:22 pm CST

ahh...love...!

This is so funny because just today I told my husband that one my new year resolutions was to not to be so criticle of everything, including the things that he does.   I have always been an easy going person, but since the kids I have changed and I want to get back to my old self.  I also want to spend more time with him doing the things that we like to do.  We would do almost everything together.  Now, I know that we won't be able to do everything considering he works a lot and we have two young children, but a once a week date night would be nice.  I miss those and I think he does too.  I also want him to know for sure that I do admire and respect him for taking on the role as the financial provider.  I'm sure that he respects me as a stay at home mom and he does tell me that, and now I need to tell him more that I feel the same way about him.  We have been together for almost seven years now and I have fallen more in love with him.  I know, it sounds cheesy, but true.  So, my resolution is to be closer to my husband and to not be so criticle if he folds the clothes the wrong way.  I know, it will be hard, but I believe I can do it. lol

December 31, 2005, 5:33 pm CST

The Next Bachelorette....

I would like to see Janet as the The Next Bachelorette..... ABC?  HELLO?

January 2, 2006, 11:20 pm CST

remarried my ex husband

On Nov 12,2005 I remarried my ex-husband, We married the first  time in 1994 divorced in 2000, Following my husband's near fatal motorcycle accident, the day before our plan weekend together. we are back together.  this is where I should be, but don't want to make the same mistake as before which let us to be apart. Any suggestions?

January 3, 2006, 7:44 am CST

I DREAM OF JEANNIE!

Da, da...da-da, da-DA-da...da, da--

OK Dr. Phil, here's your chance to help somebody with their love fix!  Somebody who NEEDS it, not just some spoiled "beauty queen" who pays too much attention to footwear.

I like Jeannie.  She's very pretty!  I like her sense of humor.  She's not a "clown"; the person who told her such is obviously an idiot.

Here are my qualifications:

1)  I have a JOB!  Jeannie's number one criteria.  Her only one, I think, but I come with an added bounus--

I also have a PULSE!

The  man who called her  "ugly" or  "fat" must have been looking in the mirror, or he needed an eye exam.  I can assure you that my optometric prescriptions are all current.

If my picture ever uploads, you can even see what I look like.  I don't drink, so it's more of a pizza belly.  Or pastarmi belly.

I have to get to work.  I just wanted to let you know I'd take Jeannie in a heartbeat.

th-thump.

...and there it is.

January 3, 2006, 9:43 am CST

The Problem is Not Jo-Anne

Sure Jo-Anne has her issues but I really think the problem is that guys today just don't see any benefit to being in a serious, committed relationship with one woman. They think getting married is about torturing themselves and would rather use women for sexual gratification. Anything else is just "prudish" and "old-fashioned." Why is love old-fashioned?

Today's single women are too good for the single guys that are available!

January 3, 2006, 11:28 am CST

You're so right

Quote From: cheeker

Sure Jo-Anne has her issues but I really think the problem is that guys today just don't see any benefit to being in a serious, committed relationship with one woman. They think getting married is about torturing themselves and would rather use women for sexual gratification. Anything else is just "prudish" and "old-fashioned." Why is love old-fashioned?

Today's single women are too good for the single guys that are available!

In my single days, it seemed that men avoided marriage like a proctology examine. I finally did marry in my 30's and even though my husband was fearful of marriage he knew it was important to me and he loved me enough to commit. 

If all single men want is a "roll in the hay" why not go to a bar and pick up a drunken floozy, and leave the nice marriage minded ladies alone. 

January 3, 2006, 11:53 am CST

Forget the Floozys

Quote From: mistyc

In my single days, it seemed that men avoided marriage like a proctology examine. I finally did marry in my 30's and even though my husband was fearful of marriage he knew it was important to me and he loved me enough to commit. 

If all single men want is a "roll in the hay" why not go to a bar and pick up a drunken floozy, and leave the nice marriage minded ladies alone. 

Better yet, why not just sleep with prostitutes? I think the only reason they don't is that it costs money and is no longer socially acceptable.

January 3, 2006, 11:55 am CST

Today's show

Dr. Phil mentioned there was an interactive exercise out here for 'Love Smart'.  Any idea where I can find it? 

January 3, 2006, 12:01 pm CST

No marriage minded ladies in this country

Quote From: cheeker

Better yet, why not just sleep with prostitutes? I think the only reason they don't is that it costs money and is no longer socially acceptable.

There ARE NO marriage minded women (not ladies) in this country.  They want to spend, spend, spend and send the poor guy into bankruptcy.  Then they dump him and go to the next poor fool. 

To American women, marriage is nothing more than a platform where they try to control us.  Now, "ladies," I'm not talking about men who cheat (but most husbands who cheat wouldn't have to if wives just do their job and put out!).  MEN are the rulers of the house and the kings of the domaine.  Women follow the orders. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last