Message Boards

Topic : 01/03 Love Resolutions

Number of Replies: 128
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 12:02:44 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
It's a new year and time for resolutions! If you're looking to put the spark back into your marriage or find the relationship you've always dreamed of, this is your year to turn your love life around. Dr. Phil's first guests say they've lost that "lovin' feelin'" in their marriage because they bicker about everything -- from what to watch on TV to who should drive the car. Will they learn to become the stars in their own marriage? Then, Dr. Phil follows up with Janet and Noelle, who are determined to find a man. After reading Love Smart and brushing up on their dating skills, how will their next dates go? And Jeannie and Jo-Ann are back to get more dating advice from Dr. Phil. It's time for these guests -- and you -- to get a love fix in 2006! Share your thoughts.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 3, 2006, 1:21 pm CST

Love Fix in 2006

I have been watching Dr. Phil since the beginning, I enjoy and agree with his advice, very down to earth and I find that refreshing.  I did take exception with one remark that Robin made today.  It was regarding Dr. Phil tracking dirt into the house and on the carpets after playing tennis.  When asked she said she did not care if he tracked dirt into the house.  I suspect she does not get upset about such things because she does not have to clean them up.  I mysely do have to do the cleaning up so I expect my family to be considerate and remove shoes.  That is showing consideration and lack of consideration can cause problems in a relationship.   

January 3, 2006, 1:25 pm CST

01/03 Love Resolutions

Quote From: jim1970

Dear, you have it backward.  It's the other way around.  WOMEN are the ones who cheat and use MEN.  Women are always scanning the malls-while their man is in tow.  Women are always fantasizing about Brad Pitt or Donald Trump.  It's WOMEN who use MEN for financial gratification. 

Today's American single women are cheap, unfaithful liars. 

I have been faithful.  It's the chicks (if they were ladies, I would have used the term!) who believe that marriage is old-fashioned and prudish.  They want to jump any guy with a fast car.  Then, when their bodies start falling apart in their early 30s, they settle with YOU. 

Man you have major issues. You have obviously been hurt and apparently taken for your money...and obviously you didn't have much to begin with or you wouldn't be so mad about the half that you lost.

DR.PHIL Make this guy a guest on your show. He obviously needs help understanding women and understanding how his behavior played a role...and how his current attitude is his BIGGEST down fall with women...How does this guy really expect to find love in any country with ideas like that?!
What you did with those 4 divoreced women who were still a victim of the man....you need to do  that for some of these men...and I would say call this Jim guy 1st!

January 3, 2006, 1:30 pm CST

Triple D's

Yes I am frustrated!  Why?  Because I don't get any!  It's horrible, but true like everyone use to make fun of the bitch because she was bitchy because she didn't get any.   Sex calms one down mentally and physically.   Me, I am with so many big D's and yes from Big D!  To tell you frankly, it does suck!   

Divorced, Dumped, Depressed, and working on another big D, Disabled. That is if our Government can ever give me back what they took from me.  Resolution? Well, I am still working on that one.... 

January 3, 2006, 1:38 pm CST

caught in the Youngstown triangle

Dr phil  does bring about some great ideas on dating but he always approaches things from the age group of 35 and younger.  He never approaches the problems that you come across with women and men 50 and older.  Does anyone else feel this way? The area that you live in has alot to do with the type of people that you would love to meet and that are just not there.  He never approaches the dealing with trying to go out with your friends and they are all burnt out and do not want to start any fires anyplace out even if it means changing the scenery and driving an hour to do so. I would love for Dr Phil to find me the love of my life in 2006 so that I can utilize all of his keeping love alive suggestions! 

January 3, 2006, 1:53 pm CST

01/03 Love Resolutions

Quote From: cheeky1

Dr. Phil mentioned there was an interactive exercise out here for 'Love Smart'.  Any idea where I can find it? 

I am looking for that too. Have you found it yet or is it really not on here?

January 3, 2006, 2:02 pm CST

Can't find it!

Quote From: mandyraet

Sorry I can't help you either!

January 3, 2006, 2:10 pm CST

equals

Wow, I can't believe how much bitterness there is out there.  You have to be happy with yourself first before you can be happy with someone else.  I think the people pointing the finger at the opposite sex need to take a reality check before looking for that "soul mate".  I survived a cheating spouse after 18 years of marriage, but I don't think all men cheat nor all women.  I had to get my own happiness, which by the way is MY responsibility, no one elses.  Then and only then can you find someone to share your happiness with.  Until I find another person that I will trust....which may or may not happen, I am happy in my own company and will not settle for less just for company.

January 3, 2006, 2:12 pm CST

Interactive Exercise

Quote From: mandyraet

You can find it here: 

http://drphil.com/articles/article/503 

January 3, 2006, 2:17 pm CST

love Resolutions

Quote From: escapeme

Yes I am frustrated!  Why?  Because I don't get any!  It's horrible, but true like everyone use to make fun of the bitch because she was bitchy because she didn't get any.   Sex calms one down mentally and physically.   Me, I am with so many big D's and yes from Big D!  To tell you frankly, it does suck!   

Divorced, Dumped, Depressed, and working on another big D, Disabled. That is if our Government can ever give me back what they took from me.  Resolution? Well, I am still working on that one.... 

I hear you and understand. I too am depressed, disabled, and divorced. Most of my relationships end up with me wondering what happened? Why won't he call? Then when I think I have found someone, it turns out I'm doing the pursing and giving and he's doing the taking and not retuning any love. It does suck, I just seem to pick losers! I'm ready to call it quits when it comes to relationships. 

January 3, 2006, 2:19 pm CST

Love resolution

I am also looking for some love resolution in my life.  I am single and hoping I can change that.  I am 39 years old, never married, and looking for a long term relationship. I am willing to make better choices, by being more honest about who I am and who I want to be.  So here is my question; 

Are you ready to meet someone or are you still dreaming about who that someone should be? 

Do men really want to date super modles? Or what about us over weight girls? Some people might give the compliment "There is more to you to love" But how many people really feel that way? 

Things I think matters the most; Being faithful, trusting, honesty, and being the best of your self with out the super- human expectation. Passion, patience and being Zealous are great qualities- And even though money helps- It can't by happiness. If you could visualize your self; cuddled up on the sofa watching football,  having a home cooked dinner, and being with someone who would care about you- We should meet- that's my idea of a relationship. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last