Message Boards

Topic : 01/03 Love Resolutions

Number of Replies: 128
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 12:02:44 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
It's a new year and time for resolutions! If you're looking to put the spark back into your marriage or find the relationship you've always dreamed of, this is your year to turn your love life around. Dr. Phil's first guests say they've lost that "lovin' feelin'" in their marriage because they bicker about everything -- from what to watch on TV to who should drive the car. Will they learn to become the stars in their own marriage? Then, Dr. Phil follows up with Janet and Noelle, who are determined to find a man. After reading Love Smart and brushing up on their dating skills, how will their next dates go? And Jeannie and Jo-Ann are back to get more dating advice from Dr. Phil. It's time for these guests -- and you -- to get a love fix in 2006! Share your thoughts.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 3, 2006, 3:21 pm CST

Older women get left out

Quote From: lotus10

Dr phil  does bring about some great ideas on dating but he always approaches things from the age group of 35 and younger.  He never approaches the problems that you come across with women and men 50 and older.  Does anyone else feel this way? The area that you live in has alot to do with the type of people that you would love to meet and that are just not there.  He never approaches the dealing with trying to go out with your friends and they are all burnt out and do not want to start any fires anyplace out even if it means changing the scenery and driving an hour to do so. I would love for Dr Phil to find me the love of my life in 2006 so that I can utilize all of his keeping love alive suggestions! 
Yes, the emoticon says a lot. It is getting embarrasing to be left out of the dating suggestions. My actual age, 69, is not even near the age I feel or act or am thought to be,but finding an eligible male sure is difficult. All the guys my age range want young,slim trophy wives or dates.Being 30 lbs overweight doesn't help either, I suppose.  Any valid suggestions?  

January 3, 2006, 3:47 pm CST

Wonder if this will work for us in the older crowd

I hadn't thought before today about a love resolution for 2006. Of course since I began watching Dr. Phil there has been a whole slew of new thoughts and thinking old ones with a new perception. Today is the first day I write on a message board, and the first day of a new resolution to find a love in 2006. I will keep my eyes open for the book. I hope that Dr. Phil adds a few older people who will be looking for love in 2006. I am curious to see how he handles people in their 50's 60's and even older! I started trawling for a boyfriend on internet dating sites in March. I have learned that it's a pretty wild world out there (ok I live in a log cabin).... but all in all, I've met some nice people. I am looking for the fellow who is willing to love again, like he was never hurt...... I have learned so far, that this kind of person is rare and might not actually exist.

January 3, 2006, 3:50 pm CST

Thanks, I guess the Good News Is

Quote From: velvetbuny

I hear you and understand. I too am depressed, disabled, and divorced. Most of my relationships end up with me wondering what happened? Why won't he call? Then when I think I have found someone, it turns out I'm doing the pursing and giving and he's doing the taking and not retuning any love. It does suck, I just seem to pick losers! I'm ready to call it quits when it comes to relationships. 

Thanks for replying and someone to understand my words.  The good news must be that we are not alone and as strange as we me feel to ourselves.  Not that I wish my life on anyone elses for I am my worst critic.  God Bless you and the best for someone to find out that you have allot of qualities for someone else.  I pray it comes quickly for you. 

January 3, 2006, 3:59 pm CST

Fix this!

I am 50 years old and I have no idea where to find a date.  I don't go to bars, I work with women, and all the men in church are married.  Plus, I seem to attract losers.  I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth the trouble.

January 3, 2006, 4:08 pm CST

Are You Kidding!!????

Oh dearie dear.. I'm sitting here watching these two 'poor little dateless girls' whine about not finding 'mr.right' - They are young, smart, obviously living life to a decent degree (they HAVE dates) - well, let them try this:  Being 57, wrinkled, overweight, a recovered drug, tobbaco, and alcohol addict with a panic disorder  (and oh yes with the agoraphobia) from suffering the loss of an only daughter, half-way through a masters program and realizing you may die before you finish and/or pay off the student loan - and will most likely be too old (or at least LOOK to old) to find a job when and if school is finished - oh, with no job and living in a tin can of a mobile home in a cheap senior park..... 

And these young ladies want Mr. Right???  I haven't had even a hug in... well.... a long time... much less a date....   

Oh Dearie Dear....  are you kidding???? 

If so, that must be why I am grinning! 

Nell 

January 3, 2006, 4:08 pm CST

the retired bunch

I am a widow of two years. 

I am a great person, enjoying my retirement from teaching. I am busy with art classes, volunteer with Hospice, take Tai Chi, enjoy time with family, friends and my two shelties.  

I'd like the opportunity to "Love Smart."  I look..........have not found him.  

I have never seen a show where anyone has talked about older people ( I am 64) finding the love they are looking for.  

What are the chances?????????? 

Thanks for your consideration, 

Becky 

January 3, 2006, 4:21 pm CST

How many are up for this show??

How's this for a 'love-smart' show... 

"LOVE FOR WOMEN WHO ARE OVER 55,  WRINKLED, and SUFFER FROM EVERYTHING FROM THE NECK DOWN HEADING FOR THE FLOOR AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT" 

Hummm????? 

January 3, 2006, 4:32 pm CST

Hope for the new year

Quote From: mido22

hi iam mido from egypt.i want tell all world happy new years ,iwant make friends around world ,iwant elsa not war in world ,all world life in speaic  

Thank you Mido!  Happy new year to you also.  We Americans don't want war either.  What we want is for the world to be safe from terrorists, tyrants, and religious and political persecution.

January 3, 2006, 5:00 pm CST

Someone needs to grow up

Quote From: jim1970

There ARE NO marriage minded women (not ladies) in this country.  They want to spend, spend, spend and send the poor guy into bankruptcy.  Then they dump him and go to the next poor fool. 

To American women, marriage is nothing more than a platform where they try to control us.  Now, "ladies," I'm not talking about men who cheat (but most husbands who cheat wouldn't have to if wives just do their job and put out!).  MEN are the rulers of the house and the kings of the domaine.  Women follow the orders. 

JIm, you obviously have not dated the right women.  I also feel that there is a certain level of maturity needed for dating.  And if you only choose to date that kind of woman, and getting heartbroken, I'm wondering if you're setting yourself up for the pain.  Get that chip off your shoulder and learn how to be happy with yourself before you can be happy with someone else. 

January 3, 2006, 5:23 pm CST

Me Too...

Here I sit, agreeing with all of you.  I'm 58, and have tried the internet dating scene, well, I've actually met a couple of guys, but all they want is to find a one night stand.  I'm looking for a man who really is looking for a spouse.  One that wants a wife to spend the rest of their life with.  Is that too much to ask.   

Most of us are over weight, and if we are working we don't have the time or energy to go to the gym every night.  Right?  All of the profiles for the guys on the internet say they are looking for someone fit, athletic, thin or maybe even average.  But they don't know what average is.   

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last