Message Boards

Topic : 01/03 Love Resolutions

Number of Replies: 128
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 12:02:44 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
It's a new year and time for resolutions! If you're looking to put the spark back into your marriage or find the relationship you've always dreamed of, this is your year to turn your love life around. Dr. Phil's first guests say they've lost that "lovin' feelin'" in their marriage because they bicker about everything -- from what to watch on TV to who should drive the car. Will they learn to become the stars in their own marriage? Then, Dr. Phil follows up with Janet and Noelle, who are determined to find a man. After reading Love Smart and brushing up on their dating skills, how will their next dates go? And Jeannie and Jo-Ann are back to get more dating advice from Dr. Phil. It's time for these guests -- and you -- to get a love fix in 2006! Share your thoughts.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 24, 2006, 9:25 am CST

keep trying

Quote From: jim1970

Dear, you have it backward.  It's the other way around.  WOMEN are the ones who cheat and use MEN.  Women are always scanning the malls-while their man is in tow.  Women are always fantasizing about Brad Pitt or Donald Trump.  It's WOMEN who use MEN for financial gratification. 

Today's American single women are cheap, unfaithful liars. 

I have been faithful.  It's the chicks (if they were ladies, I would have used the term!) who believe that marriage is old-fashioned and prudish.  They want to jump any guy with a fast car.  Then, when their bodies start falling apart in their early 30s, they settle with YOU. 

try and try again.  there are marriag minded women out there, there just harder to find because of all the crap on tv and movies makeing it look glamourous to sleep around and be single.  whatever happened to our parents time when you married and had a family..   keep trying there are some still raised right 

January 25, 2006, 12:01 pm CST

Settle for you?

Quote From: bachor

try and try again.  there are marriag minded women out there, there just harder to find because of all the crap on tv and movies makeing it look glamourous to sleep around and be single.  whatever happened to our parents time when you married and had a family..   keep trying there are some still raised right 

Um, I honestly think you have been connected with a very narrow circuit of women. I would focus more on being the kind of man that attracts faithful respectable women. If you feel they are not out there, I'm wondering if you are also brimming with those qualities that would attract a like mind? I met my faithful loving husband in church. Not that that it is a perfect place, but he lucked out and found someone who was loving, faithful and full of decent values. We've been together for 10 years.

January 31, 2006, 2:03 pm CST

Need some help on my relationship

I have come to terms that I do not know what to do so I am hoping someone could share some advice.  I have been in a relationship for over a year now. He is 10 years older than me.   I have a son who is 3.  He has a daughter who is 11.  Both of us have been divorced once. 

I was recently told that I have been a burden on his life.  He said he is sick of dealing with me and he has never met anyone with such turmoil in their life.  He said that he has become so frustrated that he cant concentrate at work. 

What he is referring to is my ex husband taking me back to court for child support.  He doesnt want to pay.  My 3 year old has been sick twice this month. My attorney does not resolve issues in a timely manner, my job does not pay enough nor have benefits, and I broke down. 

I feel I have no control over these issues.  I call my attorneys office every other day to get an updated report.  I search through job listings daily and apply to find another career that pays well and has benefits.  I can't control my son getting sick.  He goes to daycare.  After I was laid off, I had to accept the job I have now inorder to pay the bills. 

We do not share money.  He wants it seperate. So he has no responsibility when it comes to my son.  I have had to borrow money from him once to pay a bill, but he has borrowed over 800.  Not once did he pitch in for christmas.  I bought everything.  He only pays the rent, his child support, and car payment.  I pay the utilities, childcare, car payment, and grocieries. 

He told me I owe him for when he pays for our outings.  Such as taking the kids somewhere or going out to dinner.  He tells me it is my fault that he can't afford to pay his bills. 

He is not sure what to do with us.  He said he can't handle it anymore.  I don't know what else to do.  I have had one marriage fail, I have a little boy who loves him, and I myself am deeply in love.  I am very lost and confused. 

January 31, 2006, 2:11 pm CST

01/03 Love Resolutions

Quote From: bachor

move on and start dating other women.  how could you want to be with someone that is so flighty thaey run  at the first time someone says they need her help, and she cheatwd on you.  thats nasty in and of itself.  sounds to me like she needs to grow and and start being faithful to one man and let the past go
i understand that you love this lady, but the real truth of it all is that if she loved you she never would have ran back to her ex because he needed her help. there are many other ways to help rather than going back to a rough relationship. I have been in the same spot you are in and i just moved on with my life. Now i am with the love of my life and we are happy. just let go and move on. it is the best thing u can do for her and yourself. i wish you the best of luck

January 31, 2006, 2:20 pm CST

01/03 Love Resolutions

Quote From: anazlady

"love your husband like it's his day on earth"
apparently there is love there because you guys got married again. so just love him like you have never loved before, and learn from the mistakes you made the first time so u dont make them again. good luck

January 31, 2006, 4:53 pm CST

HUM....

Quote From: ndsmehlp

I have come to terms that I do not know what to do so I am hoping someone could share some advice.  I have been in a relationship for over a year now. He is 10 years older than me.   I have a son who is 3.  He has a daughter who is 11.  Both of us have been divorced once. 

I was recently told that I have been a burden on his life.  He said he is sick of dealing with me and he has never met anyone with such turmoil in their life.  He said that he has become so frustrated that he cant concentrate at work. 

What he is referring to is my ex husband taking me back to court for child support.  He doesnt want to pay.  My 3 year old has been sick twice this month. My attorney does not resolve issues in a timely manner, my job does not pay enough nor have benefits, and I broke down. 

I feel I have no control over these issues.  I call my attorneys office every other day to get an updated report.  I search through job listings daily and apply to find another career that pays well and has benefits.  I can't control my son getting sick.  He goes to daycare.  After I was laid off, I had to accept the job I have now inorder to pay the bills. 

We do not share money.  He wants it seperate. So he has no responsibility when it comes to my son.  I have had to borrow money from him once to pay a bill, but he has borrowed over 800.  Not once did he pitch in for christmas.  I bought everything.  He only pays the rent, his child support, and car payment.  I pay the utilities, childcare, car payment, and grocieries. 

He told me I owe him for when he pays for our outings.  Such as taking the kids somewhere or going out to dinner.  He tells me it is my fault that he can't afford to pay his bills. 

He is not sure what to do with us.  He said he can't handle it anymore.  I don't know what else to do.  I have had one marriage fail, I have a little boy who loves him, and I myself am deeply in love.  I am very lost and confused. 

Have you asked him if he is still in love with you, cause it certainly isnt the actions of a man that is... I mean I hate to say that, but I mean assuming he knew these issues before he married you. When you marry someone with kids & ex's sometimes these issues are there. So assuming he knew what he was getting in to so to say... If he loved you, then he wouldnt be acting like this.  

If someone were telling me, I was a burden on thier life... I would have to remove myself from their life. You & your son derserve better, Being alone is better than being with someone so hurtful. Coming from Bad realtionships & working with a therapist, you deserve to be treated & talked to better... if only for your son, Kids can see & feel when the people they love are hurting.... I would have a serious talk with this man... and if he isnt willing to change.... you need to look at yourself & in your heart & see if this is how you want to live.... 

from what you said I dont think you do, dont look at it like a door closing look at it like a door opening....  

March 2, 2006, 1:32 am CST

Love Smart Only for Girls?

Quote From: missjane2

My teenage daughter ASKED for LoveSmart for Christmas..... How do ya like that?  AND she has read a good portion of it and already has all this stuff underlined and circled and little notes and comments in the margins.......**laugh** 

I've read some too and you know how things stand out particularly for YOU....to me what stood out was a part where he said:  if someone talks and says I, I, I then they are lonely and ready to settle down but if they say we, we then they are connected to something that you are going to be competing with..... First time around I think I missed the WE in the conversations.... 

Yeah for one thing im scared that I am the only guy who watches Dr. Phil, not to mention 17 year old, lol. When I first saw love smart I was like "YES! Dr. Phil knows everything he must know all the perfect ways to get with chicks!"( I already know that in Dr. Phil's opinion he doesnt think teens should date.) so I was talking with my mom and she seemed interested in getting the book or CDs too, so when she came home with the CDs I was like, sweet! and started listening to them... only thing is the whole thing is from a womans prespective!... why dont they make a version for guys? lol, after a while of listening to it i felt all weird because it was all like "to find the perfect guy... blah blah blah" yeah, i dont get it, i mean the rules are the same, dating for guys is the same for dating with girls, and even if Dr. Phil doesnt think teens should date it cant hurt me right? If I learn all this stuff now I will only be better off for when im older. 

January 2, 2007, 4:53 pm CST

Hi everyone! wishing you all a Happy New Year! May you all have a better year and outlook for "2007" I know that is what I'm aiming for. Lets chat! I'd love to hear from you. 

First | Prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next Page | Last Page