Message Boards

Topic : 08/22 Unforgettable Weight Stories

Number of Replies: 355
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 12:05:16 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date 01/04/06) Have you ever stepped on the scale and thought, "That number can't be right"? You don’t have to wait until the new year to resolve to lose weight or eat healthy. Kristine stopped making excuses for her weight and lost over 100 pounds, thanks to Dr. Phil's words of wisdom. See what Dr. Phil has in store for her. Then, Nicole is only 25 but morbidly obese. After a wake-up call from her family, friends, and Dr. Phil, will she find the courage and motivation to get healthy? And, is it possible to reach your weight loss goal and still be miserable? See one woman's shocking reality. Through the stories of these three women, losing weight becomes an emotional as well as a physical journey. Share your weight loss stories and challenges here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More August 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 4, 2006, 2:45 pm CST

Letter to Nicole

Nicole, my name is Brandon and I live in Southern Maine. I saw you today on the show and I just wanted to write to you and say Good Luck and I have faith in you working through this with Dr. Phil. I think you are an amazing person and I know you can do this and lose the weight in the right way. I lost 20 lbs which was nothing for me to lose on the Dr. Phil weight loss challenge.  So I know you working with Dr. Phil will be a total success. So I wanted to just write and say, You Go Girl and you can do it.  I know you can and I will keep you in my prayers.  Sincerely, Brandon

January 4, 2006, 3:02 pm CST

01/04 Unforgettable Weight Stories

Quote From: shawn_m

Lowering your calories is only the first step.  Have you started working out yet?  You need to give your body a reason to change its composition and without exercise your body will simply think its a famine time and lower your metabolism to keep from starving to death.  Exercise is a catalyst for change, telling your body that it needs to lower the fat weight and increase muscle mass in order to continue to function in a normal manner.  It WILL change so that it isn't under as much stress while performing that activity.

i want to exercise if fact i have no excuse not to. i study martial arts and 2 1/2 yr ago i got my black belt. 2 years ago i got pg and had problems with the pregnacy and was unable to train  and since then i have had a hard time going back, i go here and there but not consistantly, i feel like people are laughing at me and am being judged. i know i should be doing i always loved how i feelafter a good workout and my oldest child and husband both have train at the same place i do so i have to be there.  

before i got my black belt i trained sometimes 2-3 hours a and i was in the gym 5-6 days a week i never seemed to help shed the pounds. the only difference then was i felt like i belonged there. 

allison 

January 4, 2006, 3:03 pm CST

How I dropped 8 dress sizes!

Dear Dr Phil; 

I have been struggling with my weight all my life but thanks to you and Oprah I finally managed to lose a total of 55 pounds!!! I could not believe how easy it was, once I took out all the temptations in the pantry and stocked up on healthy foods. Apart from having a safe envioronment, I also improved my internal dialogue and am more supportive of myself now. I also started working out at least 5 days a week for at least an hour and a half. Dr Phil, I don't know how to thank you!!!! I also took some ideas from Oprah too. I cut out all the whites (no rice, flour, salt or pasta), and didn't eat after 7:30 pm. And as a result I was able go from a size 18 to a size 10!!!! 

January 4, 2006, 3:09 pm CST

I have a question

I was wondering if anyone knows who or how Dr. Phil got a picture of what the lady would look like after she lost weight. I have always wanted to do that but I missed that part of the show. If anyone knows, I would love to know.

January 4, 2006, 3:14 pm CST

01/04 Unforgettable Weight Stories

Nicole, 

I watched you today and I was really touched.  I can relate with you so much.  I don't have a problem with food, but I am an alcoholic.  It seems we are the same, same pain, we've just tried to kill our pain with different things.  I wish you the absolute best, girl.  You can do this - you WILL do this.  Take good care girl, Love, Jen 

January 4, 2006, 3:17 pm CST

You are truly an inspiration! :)

Just thought I would introduce myself.  My name is Shawn and two and a half years ago I weighed 520 lbs.  After hating myself for 20 some odd years, I finally woke up to the fact that I was worth changing.  After a hard struggle against my weight and addiction to food, I now weight a slim 200 lbs and a soon to be member of the United States Navy.  In fact, I am going to bootcamp this April!  I went from wearing size 62 pants to now wearing a size 34!  I still can't believe it!

Only regret I have to loosing the weight is the bad loose skin problem.  Seriously, you cannot loose 320 lbs. at the age of 26 and not look like a deflated balloon.  However, I am happy that I no longer have to turn sideways to walk through a normal door or fear dying in my sleep from a heart attack.

I just wanted to encourage everyone here to STICK STICK STICK to those resolutions to loose weight, because you'll feel better both mentally and physically if you do.  I have come out of this struggle against my body with a healthier outlook on life and an ambition for serving my country that I never would have thought I could possess a few years ago.  It's amazing how losing weight can change your life in all aspects.  I tried to get on Dr. Phil to help with people loosing weight, but I can never seem to get anyone to e-mail me back.  I'd love to help share my story so others can be motivated to shed the pounds too. _

I would post some here, but I don't see a way to upload them. :)

Hi Shawn :) 

Like many others, my New Year's Resolution (one of them) is to lose weight, and be healthy again. I'm a very motivated person, and am dedicated 100% to reaching my goal. I've been working on this for a few months now, and so far I have lost 21 lbs!! I'm VERY proud of that! My current weight is 199, with my starting point being 220. My goal is to get down to 130. I'm hoping to get down to my goal weight (or close to) by the end of the year. :) 

After reading your story (as well as seeing your before/after pics in your other post) I am even more motivated! Your transformation is truly amazing! I love reading stories like yours, and the others on this board who have overcomed the weight issue. It's just so incredible, and motivating!  

I just wanted to say congrats on the amazing change!! 

I see where you said that you tried before, to get in touch with people on here who are trying to lose weight, kinda as a motivator.. and I must say, I think that's a great idea! If you'd like to e-mail me sometime, feel free to! I could definately use the extra support. :)  

HeavenlyGirl1981@aol.com  

-Debbie- 

January 4, 2006, 3:23 pm CST

Don't wait

Nicole, don't wait as long as I did before I decided to do something about my weight problem. After marriage I had a baby then got pregnant with twins before any of my weight was lost. As the years went by I chose food as my way to deal with lifes problems. I have never been one to think that things that happened in your life as a child made you what you are. But I chose food to comfort me when my daddy drank and when my married life wasn't what it was suppose to be. I have also thought of gastric surgury but finally just decided that I could do it myself. So at 41 I have lost 60 pounds. I started at 260 my goal is to be 150. Believe me the older you are the harder it is to lose. Please for your health do it now why you are young. Just losing the 60 has made me feel better about myself. Good luck to you and I will keep you in my prayers.

January 4, 2006, 3:25 pm CST

WoW !! You Are Amazing !!

Let's see if I can post some pictures using the image tag.  Before and after!

What did you do to lose the weight ? How long did it take ?  Did you exercise everyday ?  What foods did you eliminate ?  I would love for you to come to our Dr Phil message board and share your picture with our booty camp  ladies : )  Our message board is called " What's Working In My WLC "  you will find it under the weight loss message boards. 

January 4, 2006, 3:31 pm CST

but how do i not sabotage myself

I know why...you feel as if you don't deserve to look normal.  I know this because I had the exact same feeling when I was losing weight. You CANNOT let your own thoughts sabotage your progress.  Remember that losing weight is about changing the way your mind thinks so your body can change to match.  Losing weight is all about willpower, ambition, and thinking that you deserve better!

January 4, 2006, 3:37 pm CST

Interested In Your Success

Just thought I would introduce myself.  My name is Shawn and two and a half years ago I weighed 520 lbs.  After hating myself for 20 some odd years, I finally woke up to the fact that I was worth changing.  After a hard struggle against my weight and addiction to food, I now weight a slim 200 lbs and a soon to be member of the United States Navy.  In fact, I am going to bootcamp this April!  I went from wearing size 62 pants to now wearing a size 34!  I still can't believe it!

Only regret I have to loosing the weight is the bad loose skin problem.  Seriously, you cannot loose 320 lbs. at the age of 26 and not look like a deflated balloon.  However, I am happy that I no longer have to turn sideways to walk through a normal door or fear dying in my sleep from a heart attack.

I just wanted to encourage everyone here to STICK STICK STICK to those resolutions to loose weight, because you'll feel better both mentally and physically if you do.  I have come out of this struggle against my body with a healthier outlook on life and an ambition for serving my country that I never would have thought I could possess a few years ago.  It's amazing how losing weight can change your life in all aspects.  I tried to get on Dr. Phil to help with people loosing weight, but I can never seem to get anyone to e-mail me back.  I'd love to help share my story so others can be motivated to shed the pounds too. _

I would post some here, but I don't see a way to upload them. :)

Hello Shawn, 

My name is Kelley and I would love to talk to you more in private e-mail about how you managed to slim down to 200 pounds.  I was hoping Dr.Phil would give a few more pointers on the show to how he was going to help Nicole help herself. 

I've started reading his book for the second time now and am determined to complete it this time. 

If you are willing to talk to me more, please email me at kel3679@insightbb.com. 

Thanks ahead of time, 

Kelley 

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last