Message Boards

Topic : 08/22 Unforgettable Weight Stories

Number of Replies: 355
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 12:05:16 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date 01/04/06) Have you ever stepped on the scale and thought, "That number can't be right"? You don’t have to wait until the new year to resolve to lose weight or eat healthy. Kristine stopped making excuses for her weight and lost over 100 pounds, thanks to Dr. Phil's words of wisdom. See what Dr. Phil has in store for her. Then, Nicole is only 25 but morbidly obese. After a wake-up call from her family, friends, and Dr. Phil, will she find the courage and motivation to get healthy? And, is it possible to reach your weight loss goal and still be miserable? See one woman's shocking reality. Through the stories of these three women, losing weight becomes an emotional as well as a physical journey. Share your weight loss stories and challenges here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More August 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 4, 2006, 3:47 pm CST

01/04 Unforgettable Weight Stories

Quote From: katrina20

I think those friends are horrible... I wouldn't wan't friends like that.. Or an aunt who is embarrassed of me... Its sad that her mom can point a finger when she took an easy way out so to speak with that gastric bypass surgery.... I feel like they are treating this girl horrilby.. She obviously has a problem.. And him bringing all the food out that shes ate during the week, thats just awful..I can only imagine how she feels..

Katrina, I agree with you.  I was thinking the same thing when I watched the show.  I just want the absolute best for her, she deserves the best.  Cross your fingers for her, she's got a hard road ahead. 

January 4, 2006, 3:54 pm CST

Maybe I will see you

Nichole, I just want you to know that I believe you will lose the weight.  I see how much your mom has lost and it is inspiring also. I too have alot to lose and I am your mom's age. Maybe if you live in the area your mom did, we might see each other at a gym and support one another.  I know how your mom must be feeling. I lost a very close friend that  I called one of my sons to overweight , and so I know Denise is scared. I thank God that you have 2 very close friends besides your family to support you. It's going to be hard,but i believe I will being see a skinny person before long. I also know Denise is very proud of you going public like this and that you will be losing that weight.  We both know we have to  this for ourselves first though and not for anyone else. I hope and pray Dr.Phil keeps us posted on your results and like I said maybe we might see one another.  God Bless weela1                    

January 4, 2006, 3:55 pm CST

Getting my "HEALTHY" self back!!!

Todays show came at a time I really needed it.  I am 40 and have had my last child (I have five ) two years ago and can no longer use pregnancy and child birth as an excuse for my weight.  I am hoping that my desperation for a healthy life in every area(my weight really affects everyone and evrything ) will get started in this new year.  I have not seen my extended family in along time because I have made a promise to myself not to go home until I get my weight down.   I have a rough challenge in front of me.  I hope this years resolution of making a life change will be a resolution I can keep. I need to keep it!!!

January 4, 2006, 3:56 pm CST

Scared

I need to lose a lot of weight (139 lbs.) but after seeing today's show I am scared that the weight loss would leave my skin hanging like the guest that lost 162 lbs.

January 4, 2006, 3:57 pm CST

Quote From: lostsoul2s

What did you do to lose the weight ? How long did it take ?  Did you exercise everyday ?  What foods did you eliminate ?  I would love for you to come to our Dr Phil message board and share your picture with our booty camp  ladies : )  Our message board is called " What's Working In My WLC "  you will find it under the weight loss message boards. 

Where about is your message board? I went to weight loss and couldnt find your message board.

January 4, 2006, 4:13 pm CST

Nicole's Aunt

I just wanted to say that it really bothered me to hear Nicole's aunt be so self focused. Most of her statements were how Nicole's weight embarassed her or caused her pain. This in my opinion was not helpful to Nicole only kind of shaming and hurtful. Something just really bothered me about that. I do wish Nicole the very best. Maybe she'll come on here and post how things are going. I'm just about in the same spot as she is except I'm not quite the same weight and I'm older. This is my year though! We are hoping to adopt and I want to be a healthy active mom.

January 4, 2006, 4:25 pm CST

Need HELP NOW

I was watching the show today and my two boys ages 6 and 8 was watching it with me. They seen Nicole and got scared. They looked at me and said mom that is almost just like you, That made me open my eyes and see that Not only am I upset over the way I look . I never thought what it was doing to them cause they was so young. But it seems no matter what I do I cant drop any weight at all. So I am lost here. I have over 200lbs that has to come off. 

Thanks Sharon 

January 4, 2006, 4:30 pm CST

Todays show

I have read alot of the responses to todays show and there is good and bad feed back. I think what ever helps a person feel better about him or herself works great for that person. If it takes surgery after the weight loss, or the excercise Do what is right for yourself. I can see both sides of the isssue. Going to a gym isnt the best solution to alot of people, especially when you live in the country like I do. We dont have the places to go to do the gym routine, and to buy the equipment is too expensive. I have started walking on my treadmill, but there is no way I can do it for 1 hour, I am lucky if i get 10 minutes in. I have lost 50 pounds over the last year, but have lost the will power for the time being. I have been trying to get back on the wagon, but its a high wagon to climb back on. Maybe with the help of the message boards I can get my will power up and going again. I am so afraid of gaining back some of my weight, as I still have a long way to go.

January 4, 2006, 4:42 pm CST

Quote From: mom22boys

I was watching the show today and my two boys ages 6 and 8 was watching it with me. They seen Nicole and got scared. They looked at me and said mom that is almost just like you, That made me open my eyes and see that Not only am I upset over the way I look . I never thought what it was doing to them cause they was so young. But it seems no matter what I do I cant drop any weight at all. So I am lost here. I have over 200lbs that has to come off. 

Thanks Sharon 

Hi sharon  

i am the same as you. if you want to work on it together please feel free to contact me  

allisonbabiak@hotmail.com 

allison 

January 4, 2006, 4:43 pm CST

Sharlee

Quote From: sharlee

Where about is your message board? I went to weight loss and couldnt find your message board.

Just go to the top of this page where it says Members, click on message boards, scroll down to Weight, click on " Weight Loss Challenge Discussions, scroll down to bottom of page, click on number 5,  scroll down and click on " What's Working In My WLC "  Anyone is welcome to come and join our booty camp ( It's Only An Online Booty Camp We Started Ourselves )  you will find a great bunch of ladies who are caring and very very supportive of each other. 

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last