Message Boards

Topic : 08/22 Unforgettable Weight Stories

Number of Replies: 355
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 12:05:16 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date 01/04/06) Have you ever stepped on the scale and thought, "That number can't be right"? You don’t have to wait until the new year to resolve to lose weight or eat healthy. Kristine stopped making excuses for her weight and lost over 100 pounds, thanks to Dr. Phil's words of wisdom. See what Dr. Phil has in store for her. Then, Nicole is only 25 but morbidly obese. After a wake-up call from her family, friends, and Dr. Phil, will she find the courage and motivation to get healthy? And, is it possible to reach your weight loss goal and still be miserable? See one woman's shocking reality. Through the stories of these three women, losing weight becomes an emotional as well as a physical journey. Share your weight loss stories and challenges here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More August 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 3, 2006, 6:55 pm CST

A little scared...

Hey Everyone... 

I have 111 pounds to loose.  I have watched tv shows where individuals have lost a lot of weight and had tons of excess skin from the weight loss.  I watched Oprah today and know that there was a big difference in the amount of weight she lost verses what I need to loose, plus I am 25.  However, I am scared about looking like that.  Several of my friends have had gastric bypass surgery and have lost an incredible amount of weight in a very short amount of time and have the same skin issue.  I know it sounds bad, but I think that it looks horrible.  Please someone who lost weight the ole' fashioned way....(diet and exercise and not overnight) that lost a lot of weight doesn't have this problem.  Thanks!!!! 

BeckyinSC 

January 3, 2006, 9:20 pm CST

01/04 Unforgettable Weight Stories

Quote From: beckyinsc

Hey Everyone... 

I have 111 pounds to loose.  I have watched tv shows where individuals have lost a lot of weight and had tons of excess skin from the weight loss.  I watched Oprah today and know that there was a big difference in the amount of weight she lost verses what I need to loose, plus I am 25.  However, I am scared about looking like that.  Several of my friends have had gastric bypass surgery and have lost an incredible amount of weight in a very short amount of time and have the same skin issue.  I know it sounds bad, but I think that it looks horrible.  Please someone who lost weight the ole' fashioned way....(diet and exercise and not overnight) that lost a lot of weight doesn't have this problem.  Thanks!!!! 

BeckyinSC 

I have a friend who has cerabal palsey and she weighed close to 400 lbs. Nothing that she tried really helped her which of course it was a bit harder for her to lose, she can't hardly walk, uses a mobie to get around and because of her disability, has a lot of strikes against her, but about a year in a half ago or so, she decided she needed and wanted to get this weight off so with the help and support of family and friends she is doing it. She has lost 109 lbs and still working. She now walks better and riding her three wheeled bike, she does some exercises, and doesn't have to use her mobie as much and her words, "she is eating for one, not two or three", She is a great inspiration and motivator, I believe if she can do it, any ne can do it and she has certainly motivated me and she is my encourager and buddy through all this. She has always been a happy, fun person to be around but she is so much more then that now and she certainly is an awesome person and friend, she rocks.

January 3, 2006, 10:51 pm CST

It is in your genes, your age and your health

Quote From: beckyinsc

Hey Everyone... 

BeckyinSC 

You have several things going for you that would probaby mean that your skin won't be baggy but in the end it is in your genes.  Since you only 111 over and your very young chances are if you lose 2lbs or less a week and eat healthy and be active your not going to be sagging at all.  Well your breast might be less then a perky 25 year old should be but a good bra will fix that.  Other parts would look pretty smooth.  Just take it slow and eat very healthy and allow your body to adjust as you go.  Stay clear of smoke, cafine, and the sun.     

January 3, 2006, 11:58 pm CST

just a little thank you

dr. phil...i just wanted to thank you for thanking someone else :)     i truly appreciate you expressing your gratitude to the servicemember on the weightloss story show. i too am a spouse of a deployed soldier - we also have three children. being that they are boys (7, 4 and 3) they really miss their daddy around. he was already part of oif for 9 months in 2003 and had to go back again 2 months ago until october of this year. it feels great to see that there are people out there who haven't forgotten what our servicemembers have to endure while they are deployed... 

and so i want to thank you for thankjng someone else! 

January 4, 2006, 6:16 am CST

01/04 Unforgettable Weight Stories

Quote From: labella226

Dear Dr. Phil:  I have been on your weight loss plan for a year and a half.  I have lost 27 pounds and went from a size 16 to 13.  I need to lose at least 12 more pounds for my height I am 5'7" and presently weigh 155 lbs.  I am very good keeping to the rules of eating and not keeping food in the house that will tempt me.  For some reason, I have been stuck at this weight for a long time and can't seem to lose another pound no matter what I do.  I have to admit, this is got me rather depressed and discouraged.  What can I do to lose the remaining pounds?? Please Dr. Phil, I need your advice.    Arlene
I went from 145lbs to 215lbs in three years.  The Dr. said the depo provera shot was the cause.  He put me on a weight loss program and when I reached 180lbs, I was stuck.  No matter what I did, I stayed at that weight.  I talked to the Dr. and he told me that I needed to jump start the weight loss again.  He told me to go off the diet for a day or two and then start it again.  When I did this, I started loosing weight again.  I hope this helps you.

January 4, 2006, 6:19 am CST

What Do I do?

I was on a diet and exercise program when I was inured at work.  I have been on restrictions for almost a year now and started gaining weight again.  The problem is that the inury is to my foot, from my ankle down.  I can not get clearance to do anything other than sedentary activities.  Anyone have any ideas on exercise?

January 4, 2006, 6:22 am CST

Dr Phil's plan works

For anyone who was inspired by today's show to finally kick those pounds to the curb... pick up Dr Phil's book today! Don't wait! 

Last year I started work through his seven keys and have so far lost 35 lbs. I have 25 more to go to reach my goal weight. My weight loss has slowed some over the last few months, but the best part is that my lifestyle has changed! I have come to realize how terrible I feel when I am not exercising and eating right, and I actually desire those things in my life! 

I understand that some people fear the loose skin thing, but when you consider the health risks associated with being overweight, I feel that being healthy with loose skin is far more desirable. I am only 24 and my breasts have essentially deflated with this weight loss... but with a good bra, they look just fine! I look MUCH better overall. (My husband definitely prefers the new me ;) 

This message board is also a great place to look for support in weight loss. I have met many other women through here that I have been able to share support and experiences with. 

Good luck to you all! I wish everyone the best of health in 2006! 

January 4, 2006, 7:26 am CST

Curves is the Best!

Quote From: mistyc

If you've never been you are going to LOVE it!!!!!  even though I am a "big girl" I avoided gyms because I didn't want to feel like I was competing with a 100lb 19 year old.   

My Curves has ladies of all sizes and all ages.  Another bonus is because there are no men around you can yak about anything, one day we were all discussing how our boobies had headed south!! 

Good Luck 

Misty 

P.S. Curves really does work I lost 8 pounds and several inches within 2 months and I got my name on the "big loser" board!!! 

I joined Curves about 10 months ago, and I have lost 131 pounds and 94.5 inches. I love going there. The fact that everyone is there for the same reason, plus we are all women, keeps me going. No one has ever turned their nose up at me, and now I am the encouragement to new members! Now I love being "The BIGGEST LOSER"!!! I went from a size 32W to a Misses 12. I just would like to be able to rid of this excess skin. My insurance will NOT pay for the surgery, which doesn't make sense, it is a health hazzard and an emotional hazzard! But I am not giving up!

January 4, 2006, 7:39 am CST

Dear Jennifer and Brian

Thanks for telling your story. Jennifer, you're a courageous and determined person. I know you can do this.

Brian, you're a wonderful husband, strong and steadfast.

I wish you both lots of luch and many happy future memories.

January 4, 2006, 7:55 am CST

weight

Dear Dr. Phil, 

Iam 37 year old woman. 3 Years ago I have lost 57 lbs I now wiegh in at 105 . I have a hard time and get mad a my self. because I don't want to ever gain that weight back. I need help on how to do this. My husband did buy me a membership for 3 months to our local gym. I really am looking forward to this. The only thing that bothers me is working out in front of other people and being embrassed. My children said they go with me. Can you please help me get over this hurdle. 

Thank you Sally 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last