Message Boards

Topic : 01/05 "Am I Cursed?"

Number of Replies: 508
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 12:06:14 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Do you believe that walking under a ladder or someone giving you the "evil eye" can give you bad luck? Dr. Phil's guests say that curses and evil spirits are wreaking havoc in their lives. Sarah is convinced that she's hexed. For the last five years, she has been plagued with what she calls the "Tuesday Curse." Watch what happens when Dr. Phil's producers follow her around on her "unlucky" day. Then, George is convinced he is reaping the negative effects of a curse put on his family years ago in Mexico. He has even put his wedding plans on hold because he fears the curse will cause him to divorce! Plus, David worries that his wife, Holly, may be possessed because she has had the same nightmare for the past seven years, and she has been talking in a man’s voice, speaking in a foreign tongue and barking like a dog. What's behind her fearsome dreams? And, a woman claims an exorcism, performed by her father 26 years ago, put demons inside of her.  Share your thoughts.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 19, 2006, 12:25 pm CST

please!!!!!!!!!

Quote From: elffie

I know you believe that there is a heaven and a hell and that is alright.  I for one beleive in reincarnation, but that is another topic.  All I was trying to say was, let people have their own thoughts.  Everyone does not think alike and that is what makes living so unique, that there are billions of people who believe what they want.  All we can do is tell them why we beleive what we do, if they ask of course, and let them know how we got there.  For me, I beleive in the Goddess because how can you have man without woman?  The Gods plant the seeds, the Goddesses nurture and let them grow.  I have kept you in my thoughts and I probably will for some time to come.  You have been a little overboard on some of your postings, but overall I do think that you care a great deal for people and just want the best for them.  As so do I. 
you are truly  lost   its so  sad..     reincarnation  is  not real..     god  made   man and woman  read the bible.  adam  and  eve!!      also  god    made  this world  and us.    if it won't  for god  we  would not be here..     i  will pray for you, you are gonna   need  it.    may  god help you

January 19, 2006, 12:59 pm CST

bible

well   i am   going  to write  some   verses from   the bible!!!    its   true  today  as it was then,,    let  not  your heart be troubled  ye  believe  in god,  believe  also  in  me.  in my fathers house are  many   mansions. if  it were not so  i would have told you.  i  go  to  prepare a place  for  you.  and  if i go  and  prepare a place for you   i will  come again  and receive you  unto  myself.   i  am  the  way, the truth and the life  no man cometh unto the  father but by me..   this is on page  633  chapter 14.      well   this  is true   and   people need jesus!

January 19, 2006, 1:22 pm CST

Are You Sure?

Quote From: dlynn_pa

I know when I turn to dust I have lived my life the best I could.  Funny thing is, I don't need a respectable piece of literature to tell me how I should live my life.   

Thank you. 

Do you know, for sure, without a shadow of a doubt, that you are living your life the best you can?  Do you really know that you don't need a piece literature to "tell" you how you should live your life?  If you are really, really sure then so be it and we will leave you be.  But if you are not 110% sure then you need to seek so you can find, ask so it can be given unto you and knock so the door will be opened unto you.  Yes, there are many gods but only One True God.  The devil is a god also, going against Jesus is serving him. 

January 19, 2006, 1:34 pm CST

You just dont get it

Quote From: countrycow

well   i am   going  to write  some   verses from   the bible!!!    its   true  today  as it was then,,    let  not  your heart be troubled  ye  believe  in god,  believe  also  in  me.  in my fathers house are  many   mansions. if  it were not so  i would have told you.  i  go  to  prepare a place  for  you.  and  if i go  and  prepare a place for you   i will  come again  and receive you  unto  myself.   i  am  the  way, the truth and the life  no man cometh unto the  father but by me..   this is on page  633  chapter 14.      well   this  is true   and   people need jesus!
Whatever, countrycow. You are driving people away from your God. Just like that girls father who forced her into an exorcism. He abused her with Jesus, and look how it damaged her! You are doing the same thing now. You have no idea how mean spirited you sound.

January 19, 2006, 2:03 pm CST

Whoa!

Quote From: dmscott65

Do you know, for sure, without a shadow of a doubt, that you are living your life the best you can?  Do you really know that you don't need a piece literature to "tell" you how you should live your life?  If you are really, really sure then so be it and we will leave you be.  But if you are not 110% sure then you need to seek so you can find, ask so it can be given unto you and knock so the door will be opened unto you.  Yes, there are many gods but only One True God.  The devil is a god also, going against Jesus is serving him. 
The devil is a God also?!  I thought Christians were afraid of the devil.  Now, you're saying he is a God?  You have to be kidding me.  I personally do not believe in the devil.  Gods are good, not evil, you should know that.  I just don't understand where you say that something you believe is evil is a God.  I once knew this person who went to church and the church was in the shape of a circle, and my father in law asked him why the church was a circle, and the man repied," So the devil can't corner us."  What kind of statement is that?  It's kind of like this one that you just said.

January 19, 2006, 2:16 pm CST

Now you're just being mean

Quote From: countrycow

you are truly  lost   its so  sad..     reincarnation  is  not real..     god  made   man and woman  read the bible.  adam  and  eve!!      also  god    made  this world  and us.    if it won't  for god  we  would not be here..     i  will pray for you, you are gonna   need  it.    may  god help you
Adam and eve is just a story to show that man is a part of woman, that she was given life through man.  To somehow show that men are greater than women.  When really man comes from woman.  Ever see a pregnant man?  Of course not!  Because man can only start his life through a woman.  Simple as that.  I am not lost, maybe I was when I was going to church when I was younger, but now I have found what I really believe in and what I thought was true my entire life.  I didn't even know Paganism was a religion until a trip that my husband and I went on for our honeymoon.  We were both like," This is what I beleived my whole life."  Ever since then we have been secure in our faith and we will raise our children (we have two) likewise.  We do not want them to feel that they are not good people just because someone like you does not agree with us.  Thank you for saying you will pray for me, I don't think that would do any good since I do not need to be prayed for.  Maybe I will pray for you too, in hopes that you can open your mind and meet people who are little different than you.  And so maybe that you won't be so judgmental.  My God and Goddess are just as real as your God.

January 19, 2006, 2:44 pm CST

01/05 "Am I Cursed?"

Quote From: dmscott65

Yes as a matter of fact I DO know that I am living my life the best I can.  Do you?  I don't believe in God.  I am sorry but I don't, but the difference between you and me is that I respect your decision to have faith.  THAT is what makes me a better person.  

And by the way, Satan is a fallen angel not a god.  Seems that maybe you need to pick up that book again.  LOL 

January 19, 2006, 2:49 pm CST

01/05 "Am I Cursed?"

Quote From: elffie

Adam and eve is just a story to show that man is a part of woman, that she was given life through man.  To somehow show that men are greater than women.  When really man comes from woman.  Ever see a pregnant man?  Of course not!  Because man can only start his life through a woman.  Simple as that.  I am not lost, maybe I was when I was going to church when I was younger, but now I have found what I really believe in and what I thought was true my entire life.  I didn't even know Paganism was a religion until a trip that my husband and I went on for our honeymoon.  We were both like," This is what I beleived my whole life."  Ever since then we have been secure in our faith and we will raise our children (we have two) likewise.  We do not want them to feel that they are not good people just because someone like you does not agree with us.  Thank you for saying you will pray for me, I don't think that would do any good since I do not need to be prayed for.  Maybe I will pray for you too, in hopes that you can open your mind and meet people who are little different than you.  And so maybe that you won't be so judgmental.  My God and Goddess are just as real as your God.

Whole lot of incest going on I suppose huh?  I want these people to explain the turn of events that brought us all here(how many billion people are there now?).  Where is that family tree...  These people frighten me.  I can't believe they call themselves christian when their lack of tolerance and understanding is so apparent.   

I can't believe that they still in 2006 believe the bible word for word.  Maybe we should pray for them????  LOL 

Violent aren't they!!!!! 

January 19, 2006, 3:26 pm CST

Really?

Yes as a matter of fact I DO know that I am living my life the best I can.  Do you?  I don't believe in God.  I am sorry but I don't, but the difference between you and me is that I respect your decision to have faith.  THAT is what makes me a better person.  

And by the way, Satan is a fallen angel not a god.  Seems that maybe you need to pick up that book again.  LOL 

Yes I do know that I am living my life the best I can but guess what - I know you don't know if  you are.  It doesn't matter weather you confess it or not, God is real!  Very real.  And you know it.  See you are in the dark because the god you serve, satan, has truly deceived you.  He has used the hurt and the pain and the rejection that you have experienced in your life to deceive you.  He even has you thinking and teaching to others that he is not a god (to make you feel better about doing what you are doing) but read what you wrote: you said you "don't believe in God" but you say that "satan is a fallen angel" and you capitalized his name.  Plus where do you think satan fell from?  See!  Who do you think sits on the throne where satan fell from?  You can make any spirit, person, animal or thing your god, which would be wrong to do, why because God said it.  I want He love power, protection, etc. and I want to make it to heaven one day so I listen to Him!  Do you really think that agreeing with everyone on their beliefs makes you a good person?  That's confusion!  You just said that you are a better person than me, did I say that to you?  You are the kind of person you accuse me to be.  Since you believe in satan you must believe in God.  satan is evil and the opposite of evil is good and trust me God is Good!  See, you really do believe and you didn't even know it.  I just helped you get out.  This is not about trying to make someone believe.  This is about helping people and showing people the light and showing them the way to a good life on earth and show them how to make it to heaven (by the way that's where satan fell from, kicked out of, to hell) when they die.  This is not about saying I was right and you were wrong.  That's what satan or any other spirit that's not of God wants you to think.  This is about finding the truth for yourself so you will be right about what you believe and do, etc.  Do you really not care weather or not you are right?  I do and I know I'm right. Why because I have leaned, received and done the thing of God thanks to Jesus.  And I have shown many the way.  I truly know more than I could ever tell you.  And you truly don't know what's inside of you.  You can be freed of it but you must be willing!  The sooner the better! 

D.Scott - Prophet of the Lord Jesus Christ!        

January 19, 2006, 4:22 pm CST

Not criticizing anyone

Whole lot of incest going on I suppose huh?  I want these people to explain the turn of events that brought us all here(how many billion people are there now?).  Where is that family tree...  These people frighten me.  I can't believe they call themselves christian when their lack of tolerance and understanding is so apparent.   

I can't believe that they still in 2006 believe the bible word for word.  Maybe we should pray for them????  LOL 

Violent aren't they!!!!! 

I just want to make it clear that I am not here to criticize anyone about their beliefs, but to help them understand that not everyone lives the same way they do.  It does not mean that those who follow different paths are devil worshippers or need to be saved.  I beleive the Bible is good for some people but not for everyone.  And yes, they can be kind of vigilant of trying to get their point across.  I can't believe they think you worship the devil just because you don't beleive in their God.  Kind of silly.

First | Prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | Next | Last