Message Boards

Topic : 01/05 "Am I Cursed?"

Number of Replies: 508
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 12:06:14 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Do you believe that walking under a ladder or someone giving you the "evil eye" can give you bad luck? Dr. Phil's guests say that curses and evil spirits are wreaking havoc in their lives. Sarah is convinced that she's hexed. For the last five years, she has been plagued with what she calls the "Tuesday Curse." Watch what happens when Dr. Phil's producers follow her around on her "unlucky" day. Then, George is convinced he is reaping the negative effects of a curse put on his family years ago in Mexico. He has even put his wedding plans on hold because he fears the curse will cause him to divorce! Plus, David worries that his wife, Holly, may be possessed because she has had the same nightmare for the past seven years, and she has been talking in a man’s voice, speaking in a foreign tongue and barking like a dog. What's behind her fearsome dreams? And, a woman claims an exorcism, performed by her father 26 years ago, put demons inside of her.  Share your thoughts.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 20, 2006, 7:36 am CST

01/05 "Am I Cursed?"

Quote From: dmscott65

Yes I do know that I am living my life the best I can but guess what - I know you don't know if  you are.  It doesn't matter weather you confess it or not, God is real!  Very real.  And you know it.  See you are in the dark because the god you serve, satan, has truly deceived you.  He has used the hurt and the pain and the rejection that you have experienced in your life to deceive you.  He even has you thinking and teaching to others that he is not a god (to make you feel better about doing what you are doing) but read what you wrote: you said you "don't believe in God" but you say that "satan is a fallen angel" and you capitalized his name.  Plus where do you think satan fell from?  See!  Who do you think sits on the throne where satan fell from?  You can make any spirit, person, animal or thing your god, which would be wrong to do, why because God said it.  I want He love power, protection, etc. and I want to make it to heaven one day so I listen to Him!  Do you really think that agreeing with everyone on their beliefs makes you a good person?  That's confusion!  You just said that you are a better person than me, did I say that to you?  You are the kind of person you accuse me to be.  Since you believe in satan you must believe in God.  satan is evil and the opposite of evil is good and trust me God is Good!  See, you really do believe and you didn't even know it.  I just helped you get out.  This is not about trying to make someone believe.  This is about helping people and showing people the light and showing them the way to a good life on earth and show them how to make it to heaven (by the way that's where satan fell from, kicked out of, to hell) when they die.  This is not about saying I was right and you were wrong.  That's what satan or any other spirit that's not of God wants you to think.  This is about finding the truth for yourself so you will be right about what you believe and do, etc.  Do you really not care weather or not you are right?  I do and I know I'm right. Why because I have leaned, received and done the thing of God thanks to Jesus.  And I have shown many the way.  I truly know more than I could ever tell you.  And you truly don't know what's inside of you.  You can be freed of it but you must be willing!  The sooner the better! 

D.Scott - Prophet of the Lord Jesus Christ!        

Ok, first of all you don't make any sense.  I am telling you what the bible says because apparently you don't know.  I went to CCD and catholic school as a child, I studied the bible.  I am educated and have made an educated decision.  The bible is a bunch of stories meant to keep the meek in line and tell them how to live because they don't have minds of their own to decide what is right and wrong.  Why do you think they call you sheep?  When I speak of your god, I will capitalize God.  When I generalize, I will write god.  This is basic english.  Satan is NOT a god.  He is a fallen angel according to your faith.  I do not believe in him either.  I think "evil" is a human trait only carried on by the choices the human animal makes.   

The only thing you are doing for me is pushing me even further away from your faith.  You people really scare me with your lack of intolerance, understanding, and respect for others.  It is people like you that are destroying our country and pitting neighbor against neighbor, I guess that is what your GOD wants!  I respect your decision to have faith, that is what I said.  I think you need to go back and read what I wrote again, especially since you want to put words in my mouth.   

I really don't care what you think, it is your actions I care about.  You are saying that the only people that have the right to speak on this topic are people like you.  Prove to me that your GOD is real.  Where is he/she then?  In Iraq, in Iran?  How about Korea or maybe in Kentucky where people are starving and in pain. 

Give me a break.  When you educate yourself a little bit more, get back to me then.   

January 20, 2006, 7:39 am CST

01/05 "Am I Cursed?"

Quote From: elffie

I just want to make it clear that I am not here to criticize anyone about their beliefs, but to help them understand that not everyone lives the same way they do.  It does not mean that those who follow different paths are devil worshippers or need to be saved.  I beleive the Bible is good for some people but not for everyone.  And yes, they can be kind of vigilant of trying to get their point across.  I can't believe they think you worship the devil just because you don't beleive in their God.  Kind of silly.
It is scary.  Their ignorance is unbelieveable.  The difference between these people and us is that we can respect their decision to have faith.  Maybe that makes us more of a "christian" then they are? 

January 20, 2006, 11:12 am CST

No!

The devil is a God also?!  I thought Christians were afraid of the devil.  Now, you're saying he is a God?  You have to be kidding me.  I personally do not believe in the devil.  Gods are good, not evil, you should know that.  I just don't understand where you say that something you believe is evil is a God.  I once knew this person who went to church and the church was in the shape of a circle, and my father in law asked him why the church was a circle, and the man repied," So the devil can't corner us."  What kind of statement is that?  It's kind of like this one that you just said.

Yes he is, to many people...  No not us, we fight the devil and we work to stop him.  Yes you do believe in the devil.  Not all gods are good.  Look around you.  Don't you see evil?  When did I say "something you believe is evil is a God"?  I don't even know what that means let alone stated it.  The statement about the round church was stated wrong to you.  It's an very old tradition of church building.  They made the churches, temples, etc. round so - the devil can't hide in the

corners.  See the difference.  And we still have the devil trying hiding in the corners and in the back of the church today. 

January 20, 2006, 12:53 pm CST

curses...I don't believe it

My boyfriend swears his family ahs been cursed for generations to have horrible uck and bad things happen all the time to them.  I say, not true and the only reaosn all this negativity is in your life is that you buy inot it and expect it.  Curses have no power if you don't believe in them.  His life is just one negative experience after another but I see where he coudl ahve made better choices to stop the madness but he disagrees, it is out of his hands, not his fault...blah blah blah.  he told em the other night that he thinks my positive attitude would come between us because I fail to realize what the truth is about life, that I see the world through rose colored glasses and that I can "convince" myself I am happy but in reality I'm not.  He thinks that I live in some make believe Polly anna world where everything is perfect...I don't I simply choose to have a positive perspective on life, I choose to be grateful for everything I have in life and I choose to be happy.  For me, I think life is good...it's a world of possibilities, for him it's a struggle to survive.  I must say that generally he is awesome to me, thoughtful, loving, giving, forces me to speak my truth, asks for my opinion, is open to communicating...he just let all of this loose the other night and he said he sees us needing to work through these differences if we can have a future together.  On one hand I love this man with all my heart, he really is just a good solid man...but on the other hand, I see his negativity and it drives me crazy...sucks me dry sometimes.  He is never negative towards me, even in talking the other night he wasn't threatening or anything, he was simply stating that is how he feels.  SO, anyway...how do I deal with him?   

January 20, 2006, 3:36 pm CST

Enough is enough

Yes he is, to many people...  No not us, we fight the devil and we work to stop him.  Yes you do believe in the devil.  Not all gods are good.  Look around you.  Don't you see evil?  When did I say "something you believe is evil is a God"?  I don't even know what that means let alone stated it.  The statement about the round church was stated wrong to you.  It's an very old tradition of church building.  They made the churches, temples, etc. round so - the devil can't hide in the

corners.  See the difference.  And we still have the devil trying hiding in the corners and in the back of the church today. 

"Yes you do believe in the devil".  No, I do not.  I think this has gotten out of hand so I am not going to be responding anymore.  I tried to make a point that I was not lost and that you and some others still think I am.  I was also saying that there are lots of different cultures, so don't get offended when someone does not  agree with you.  The world is a big place with lots of different people, do not forget that.  I hope that you will realize this and let people be.  Do not think I am backing down to you, I just feel that I am banging my head against a wall and am getting no where.  I believe in my faith as you do yours and let that be that.

January 20, 2006, 3:41 pm CST

Don't let them get you down

Quote From: dlynn_pa

It is scary.  Their ignorance is unbelieveable.  The difference between these people and us is that we can respect their decision to have faith.  Maybe that makes us more of a "christian" then they are? 
I do have faith, it's just not theirs and that I think is where the problem is.  They can't accept it, so I am moving on because I do not need for them to be so vial toward me and try to save me.  Good luck with your pursuit.  Don't let them get you down for they certainly didn't get me down.

January 20, 2006, 5:04 pm CST

hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adam and eve is just a story to show that man is a part of woman, that she was given life through man.  To somehow show that men are greater than women.  When really man comes from woman.  Ever see a pregnant man?  Of course not!  Because man can only start his life through a woman.  Simple as that.  I am not lost, maybe I was when I was going to church when I was younger, but now I have found what I really believe in and what I thought was true my entire life.  I didn't even know Paganism was a religion until a trip that my husband and I went on for our honeymoon.  We were both like," This is what I beleived my whole life."  Ever since then we have been secure in our faith and we will raise our children (we have two) likewise.  We do not want them to feel that they are not good people just because someone like you does not agree with us.  Thank you for saying you will pray for me, I don't think that would do any good since I do not need to be prayed for.  Maybe I will pray for you too, in hopes that you can open your mind and meet people who are little different than you.  And so maybe that you won't be so judgmental.  My God and Goddess are just as real as your God.
well   i   am  a true christian  woman  that has faith in jesus christ!   i  read the bible , go too church,  and witness too the lost about jesus..    the lost needs to  hear the truth.   where they  want to hear it or not..   a christian has love in their hearts   and   always tell the honest to god truth..   thats a true christian..     adam  and eve   was  true,  god made man first  and took his  rib   and made woman  for his help mate..    it  don't  mean men are better then  a woman.     gods and  goddess  are not real.   they are made up by man..    the devil  wants all the souls he can get, thats why he will lie  and fool people  about things..    devil will blind others from the real truth...     paganism   is a false god  made  up by man...    if  you met me in person  you would see that i am a true christian and a good loveing person..      i  never  judge no one,    a christian  hates the sins and bad ways of a person.   but we love the person and  want too  witness to them ,   hopeing they will get saved one day  before its too late..  jesus  gave us all    free will  to  decide to serve him or not..  if we  worship jesus and live for  him.   then we will live with him in heaven  forever..  if not then we will not go too heaven but hell.   while  you live  you  have a chance too get your heart right with jesus  so you can go too heaven..   jesus  loves us all and wants us all to be saved.  thats why  he died  on the cross   for our sins,  so  you may be forgiven,   if we  only ask him and  mean it..      jesus   made this world  and the people in it.   you as well as everybody else   jesus   made,,     we are all gods people..  we  just have the free will to  worship him  or not...    if  it won't  for god   this world and us  would have  never been..  

January 20, 2006, 5:38 pm CST

thanks

Yes I do know that I am living my life the best I can but guess what - I know you don't know if  you are.  It doesn't matter weather you confess it or not, God is real!  Very real.  And you know it.  See you are in the dark because the god you serve, satan, has truly deceived you.  He has used the hurt and the pain and the rejection that you have experienced in your life to deceive you.  He even has you thinking and teaching to others that he is not a god (to make you feel better about doing what you are doing) but read what you wrote: you said you "don't believe in God" but you say that "satan is a fallen angel" and you capitalized his name.  Plus where do you think satan fell from?  See!  Who do you think sits on the throne where satan fell from?  You can make any spirit, person, animal or thing your god, which would be wrong to do, why because God said it.  I want He love power, protection, etc. and I want to make it to heaven one day so I listen to Him!  Do you really think that agreeing with everyone on their beliefs makes you a good person?  That's confusion!  You just said that you are a better person than me, did I say that to you?  You are the kind of person you accuse me to be.  Since you believe in satan you must believe in God.  satan is evil and the opposite of evil is good and trust me God is Good!  See, you really do believe and you didn't even know it.  I just helped you get out.  This is not about trying to make someone believe.  This is about helping people and showing people the light and showing them the way to a good life on earth and show them how to make it to heaven (by the way that's where satan fell from, kicked out of, to hell) when they die.  This is not about saying I was right and you were wrong.  That's what satan or any other spirit that's not of God wants you to think.  This is about finding the truth for yourself so you will be right about what you believe and do, etc.  Do you really not care weather or not you are right?  I do and I know I'm right. Why because I have leaned, received and done the thing of God thanks to Jesus.  And I have shown many the way.  I truly know more than I could ever tell you.  And you truly don't know what's inside of you.  You can be freed of it but you must be willing!  The sooner the better! 

D.Scott - Prophet of the Lord Jesus Christ!        

thank you for   telling people  the truth about jesus.  i respect you for that!  may god bless you!

January 20, 2006, 8:03 pm CST

well put

Quote From: shamrock42

Come on, guys!  Life is not perfect!  Bad things happen to good people!  Everyone has some form of health, family, house, job and car problem and as bad as you think  yours are, I promise you...pick three random people walking through a park and you will find at least one of them has problems bigger than yours.  Life is not perfect, road bumps keep us going, make us stronger and teach us humility.  Wasn't that a Twilight Zone episode when the guy woke up in Heaven, everything was PERFECT and he went insane??  The only curse I believe in is the one you strap to your own back filled with thoughts of "WHY ME??"  You shouldn't do good things only to get good things back...do good things because it's right.  People are too quick to count up the bad things instead of the good things in their life.

you know i really like the way you think, and its those kind of replies that maybe no one wants to hear, but everyone has their own faith, and i do belive, but life is life and it will never be perfect and none of us will ever find the answers, and i truly think God is just watching and cheering us on, as adults no matter what has happend in our lives, what happens to us from here on out is truly up to us. 

January 20, 2006, 9:15 pm CST

Have We Had Enough?

The negativity cluttering this board is unbelievable.  We can hear something encouraging from someone, correct? Can we get some words of compassion for once maybe? Thank you very much again, countrycow, for informing me that I'm going straight to hell. Thank you for telling all these unfortunate guests from the show that they are damned because they have "bad luck". And yes, thank you for making the choice between a damning God and Satan that much more indiscernable and difficult. Thank you for all the encouraging words of terror, which fill up practically half of this entire topic sequence. Thank you for letting me know that going to some 2-dimensoinal heaven full of armored angels and fearful worship might not be the best of choice! Thank you for informing me of your negativity; I will be sure to avoid Church permanently. Thanks. 

We have to wonder how thses things sound to people who are Jewish or Buddhist or other. There are even conservative Christians who would be highly offended over somebody stepping up and declaring loudly himself to be a prophet; it is a hallmark of pride. 

All I can do is encourage reasonable people--the rest of us--by using positive language toward them. And before calling me a hypocrite--I know you just itch to now--positive words have already been used many times before in this sequence to try and counter this provocatory material. No luck here. Maybe the hex has gotten to the boards.... Anyway, I would invite more positive-minded users to post as often as possible in order to at least balance the mood here a little bit. 

Cheers to you all. 

First | Prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | Next | Last