Message Boards

Topic : 01/05 "Am I Cursed?"

Number of Replies: 508
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 12:06:14 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Do you believe that walking under a ladder or someone giving you the "evil eye" can give you bad luck? Dr. Phil's guests say that curses and evil spirits are wreaking havoc in their lives. Sarah is convinced that she's hexed. For the last five years, she has been plagued with what she calls the "Tuesday Curse." Watch what happens when Dr. Phil's producers follow her around on her "unlucky" day. Then, George is convinced he is reaping the negative effects of a curse put on his family years ago in Mexico. He has even put his wedding plans on hold because he fears the curse will cause him to divorce! Plus, David worries that his wife, Holly, may be possessed because she has had the same nightmare for the past seven years, and she has been talking in a man’s voice, speaking in a foreign tongue and barking like a dog. What's behind her fearsome dreams? And, a woman claims an exorcism, performed by her father 26 years ago, put demons inside of her.  Share your thoughts.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 3, 2006, 1:57 pm CST

01/05 "Am I Cursed?"

I really am not sure WHAT Dr. Phil is going to say to these people, but I for one am VERY skeptical.   I don't believe in curses and I think it MAY be possible for people to be possed by demons, but I'm more likely to attribute it to underlying physical causes or emotional problems.  I'm not saying it isn't possible, I'm not above believing that supernatural  phenomenon exists, but before people start talking about being possesed I think they need to rule out all possible physical or psychological causes first.

January 4, 2006, 12:03 am CST

cursed?

There are lots of ways of being cursed, I belive we can curse ourselves and not even know it. We can curse our children, without meaning it. My life has been less then charmed, but about 10 years ago I started to 'belive in carma' sort of like the new show 'My name is Earl' and began to try to live my life as honest and true as I could, nothing has changed nothing in my life has got better, yet I continue to try to live honestly and continue to get dirt kicked in my face. 

I even tried to re-start my life, I got married, had a baby and thought I was finally going to live happily ever after, far from the truth, I had EXTREAMLY bad post pardom and befor my daughter turned one my husband of only 2 years had heart surgery and has had complications since and been out of work. 

My real mother left me when I was 5 months old, my father the same, and my aunt who I knew as mom dumped me in 2002. My husband was a healthy sane man when we married, and I cant help but think looking at him now, sick and at home, that I am cursed and have been since the first time I was left . 

January 4, 2006, 7:42 am CST

cursed, or not cursed. that may be the quiestion.

The life one had can and is some times the worse hand any one can get. And life did hand you a crappy one, cursed? no.  I go to sites where they are into what most people conceder as gothic and of site of wiccan back grounds. I study these fields. cursed? no. trust me. if you was cursed you would know it. And this ain't it. ^_^   please i hope you don't think i am crazy, and think i don't know what i am talking about. But i hope that we can talk some time. hugs you. hopes you will look up and try to smile each day. about some thing. ( heres a thought, your husband is alive, smile for him.)

January 4, 2006, 8:33 am CST

cursed? its all in the head.

Cursed, a curse is either powered by the one who cast it. or powered by the one who it was cast apon. In these cases bad luck and happening are powered by the one who is cast apon. That is some one told you you was cursed, and you believed them.....and thats where the curse gets powered by. The worst thing you can do, believe every thing some one tell you. And that kind of curse is really the easier type of curseing. because it would be a self propeled powered. (not that i do curseings. just i heard so many storys of what happened about them) and i could go on and on. 

By changing ones thought, this curse is no more, if you still believe your cursed..... and thinking positively. Ok, easier said then done.  ^_^ 

January 4, 2006, 3:54 pm CST

01/05 "Am I Cursed?"

Quote From: wolfie

Cursed, a curse is either powered by the one who cast it. or powered by the one who it was cast apon. In these cases bad luck and happening are powered by the one who is cast apon. That is some one told you you was cursed, and you believed them.....and thats where the curse gets powered by. The worst thing you can do, believe every thing some one tell you. And that kind of curse is really the easier type of curseing. because it would be a self propeled powered. (not that i do curseings. just i heard so many storys of what happened about them) and i could go on and on. 

By changing ones thought, this curse is no more, if you still believe your cursed..... and thinking positively. Ok, easier said then done.  _ 

Let me go on a tangent here for a moment.

::smacks forehead:: Okay, I'm all for people practicing their religion and all that, but just so you know  most people who write about  the Wiccan religion and talk about it  have NO idea what's going on.  They practice it because it's trendy.  That's the sad truth there, and most people who are gothic are POSERS, they look the look and talk the talk, but have NO idea about the lifestyle or the REAL outlook on life.

I am a Role-Playing Gamer (D&D , World of Darkness, etc), and I live the gamer lifestyle.  You wouldn't believe how many people I meet that CLAIM to to be Pagan and have NO idea what they believe or WHY.  You also wouldn't believe the number of people I meet that SWEAR they are psychic, mediums, have been possessed, or whatever else.   You know what, the people who broadcast it are more than likely NOT legitimate, that's what I've learned.

Now as for "curses".  Human beings often attribute the bad and unexplainable things in their life to supernatural powers.  I can agree that a "curse" only has the power you give it., that's simply self fullfilling prophecy.   If you believe bad things will happen than that's what you get.  

January 4, 2006, 10:44 pm CST

Not a poser

Quote From: liatsunami

Let me go on a tangent here for a moment.

::smacks forehead:: Okay, I'm all for people practicing their religion and all that, but just so you know  most people who write about  the Wiccan religion and talk about it  have NO idea what's going on.  They practice it because it's trendy.  That's the sad truth there, and most people who are gothic are POSERS, they look the look and talk the talk, but have NO idea about the lifestyle or the REAL outlook on life.

I am a Role-Playing Gamer (D&D , World of Darkness, etc), and I live the gamer lifestyle.  You wouldn't believe how many people I meet that CLAIM to to be Pagan and have NO idea what they believe or WHY.  You also wouldn't believe the number of people I meet that SWEAR they are psychic, mediums, have been possessed, or whatever else.   You know what, the people who broadcast it are more than likely NOT legitimate, that's what I've learned.

Now as for "curses".  Human beings often attribute the bad and unexplainable things in their life to supernatural powers.  I can agree that a "curse" only has the power you give it., that's simply self fullfilling prophecy.   If you believe bad things will happen than that's what you get.  
Well, I don't think I have ever met anyone that has been cursed.  Bad luck?  Sure.  We all go through a  time when luck is not by our side.  Possessed?  Possibly.  Maybe some people can be possessed.  I think if you think you are cursed then you think that you are cursed.  Anyone ever heard of Karma?  Maybe that has something to do with it, I really don't know.  How the subject got turned to Wicca and Paganism, I don't know.  I guess it goes back to when people were taught that witches put curses on people and that Pagans were evil.  I can tell you that I have looked into Wicca, not because it's "trendy" but because I was interested.  I am not Wiccan, I am Pagan.  And I can tell you that I know exactly why I chose this religion.  It has been around before Christianity.  so many people worshiped the sun and the moon and the seasons because that is what they saw.   I believe in this religion because it goes along with all the things that I believed as a child.  There is a God(Sun) and a Goddess(Moon)  and it is not a strict religion, it does not make threats or bully us to believe something.  And in the end there is a reward, for we live our lives by respecting and helping and not being judmental toward others.  Your comments about people being posers is exactly why I do not share this with everyone.  Sure, there are people who are not legitimate, I just felt I needed to put my two cents in also and let people know that it is highly doubtful that people can be cursed.  I think maybe it has something to do with superstition.

January 5, 2006, 3:00 am CST

Our Curse

My beliefs are simple ~ a curse is an easy way to blame someone or something else for the state of your life.  I am not being judgemental here, so please don't take it that way, but if you really think about it isn't that a fact??  If you are claiming to be "cursed", who are you blaming???   

I also agree that someone believing they are cursed will be.  My life isn't a bed of roses by any means....it is a meager existance at the very best, however, I don't believe I am cursed.  My life has taken a turn, and the only way for it to turn back is if I can do it....and right now, I can't as I am pretty ill with a few chronic illnesses.  So, my life is like this right now and I have to get through it.  No curse could have ever done this unless I believed it. 

That is my 2 cents...for what it is worth!!!!!  I hope I didn't upset anyone, as that was not my intention!!! 

Tammy 

January 5, 2006, 3:34 am CST

01/05 "Am I Cursed?"

I certainly think those without God's protection could be tormented by demons,  and one could interpret this as a curse.  I believe that demons are very real,  and very much around us today.  And I assume they have all sorts of crafty ways in which to torment man.  So you may have demonic influence hanging over you.  For this I have two very fundamental pieces advice:

Do not buy anything from the home of a person who you do not know. 

Do not go to fortune tellers,  psychics,  or anyone that dabbles in the Occult in general.

And, a woman claims an exorcism, performed by her father 26 years ago, put demons inside of her.  Share your thoughts.

I would not doubt that demonic influence was involved.  However,  this man's history and the methods he used would need examining before I could speculate on what this could have been.

January 5, 2006, 5:48 am CST

Cursed?

I believe you are what you think you are. 

It may be possible to be "cursed".  But is it also possible to be a "lucky charm"?  and what makes the difference?  Your attitude?  What you believe? 

Just some food for thought. 

January 5, 2006, 7:07 am CST

Is it a curse???

I think that we all may feel like we have been cursed some where along the way.  Is it a curse or just plain "BAD LUCK"?  I know that there have been many, many, many times that I have wondered if it was a curse.  No, I do not believe in curses.  I do believe that we all hit rough patches along lifes long path.  My mother always told me, "what hurts you, only makes you stronger".  That is how I get through my rough times, knowing that I will come through the other side of it a stronger & better person.  To all those who feel they have been "cursed", hold your chin hi and face everything head on, you will come through just fine!!!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last