Message Boards

Topic : 01/05 "Am I Cursed?"

Number of Replies: 508
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 12:06:14 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Do you believe that walking under a ladder or someone giving you the "evil eye" can give you bad luck? Dr. Phil's guests say that curses and evil spirits are wreaking havoc in their lives. Sarah is convinced that she's hexed. For the last five years, she has been plagued with what she calls the "Tuesday Curse." Watch what happens when Dr. Phil's producers follow her around on her "unlucky" day. Then, George is convinced he is reaping the negative effects of a curse put on his family years ago in Mexico. He has even put his wedding plans on hold because he fears the curse will cause him to divorce! Plus, David worries that his wife, Holly, may be possessed because she has had the same nightmare for the past seven years, and she has been talking in a man’s voice, speaking in a foreign tongue and barking like a dog. What's behind her fearsome dreams? And, a woman claims an exorcism, performed by her father 26 years ago, put demons inside of her.  Share your thoughts.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 20, 2006, 10:30 pm CST

Goodbye, countrycow

Quote From: countrycow

well   i   am  a true christian  woman  that has faith in jesus christ!   i  read the bible , go too church,  and witness too the lost about jesus..    the lost needs to  hear the truth.   where they  want to hear it or not..   a christian has love in their hearts   and   always tell the honest to god truth..   thats a true christian..     adam  and eve   was  true,  god made man first  and took his  rib   and made woman  for his help mate..    it  don't  mean men are better then  a woman.     gods and  goddess  are not real.   they are made up by man..    the devil  wants all the souls he can get, thats why he will lie  and fool people  about things..    devil will blind others from the real truth...     paganism   is a false god  made  up by man...    if  you met me in person  you would see that i am a true christian and a good loveing person..      i  never  judge no one,    a christian  hates the sins and bad ways of a person.   but we love the person and  want too  witness to them ,   hopeing they will get saved one day  before its too late..  jesus  gave us all    free will  to  decide to serve him or not..  if we  worship jesus and live for  him.   then we will live with him in heaven  forever..  if not then we will not go too heaven but hell.   while  you live  you  have a chance too get your heart right with jesus  so you can go too heaven..   jesus  loves us all and wants us all to be saved.  thats why  he died  on the cross   for our sins,  so  you may be forgiven,   if we  only ask him and  mean it..      jesus   made this world  and the people in it.   you as well as everybody else   jesus   made,,     we are all gods people..  we  just have the free will to  worship him  or not...    if  it won't  for god   this world and us  would have  never been..  
I wanted to tell you that it seems that you and I are both faithfull women, not of the same faith, but we do believe in something, let's leave it at that.  I never once told you that you were believing the wrong thing, but I did say that not everyone will agree with you.  You are telling me that I am wrong, that my beleifs do not exist and with that I am finished.  I can tell that you are the kind of person that will push your beliefs on others until they cave and say that you are right.  I'm sorry, but I know what I am doing is right for me, not for you.  With regards to Paganism, I think you need to do some research, it may do you some good to learn about a different religion.........it was one of the first religions before Christianity, don't forget that.  All in all, I have enjoyed conversing with you, as you have made myself even stronger in my beliefs.  I have met people like you and they were not clear about my beliefs until they did research and found out that it is not bad, that maybe I was doing the right thing.......if only everyone were like them.  I think if you look into it more, you may have a better understanding.  I just wanted to say goodbye for now and please, try not to be so harsh in your words towards others.  I wish you good fortune and blessed be.

January 21, 2006, 7:05 am CST

01/05 "Am I Cursed?"

Quote From: implode1

The negativity cluttering this board is unbelievable.  We can hear something encouraging from someone, correct? Can we get some words of compassion for once maybe? Thank you very much again, countrycow, for informing me that I'm going straight to hell. Thank you for telling all these unfortunate guests from the show that they are damned because they have "bad luck". And yes, thank you for making the choice between a damning God and Satan that much more indiscernable and difficult. Thank you for all the encouraging words of terror, which fill up practically half of this entire topic sequence. Thank you for letting me know that going to some 2-dimensoinal heaven full of armored angels and fearful worship might not be the best of choice! Thank you for informing me of your negativity; I will be sure to avoid Church permanently. Thanks. 

We have to wonder how thses things sound to people who are Jewish or Buddhist or other. There are even conservative Christians who would be highly offended over somebody stepping up and declaring loudly himself to be a prophet; it is a hallmark of pride. 

All I can do is encourage reasonable people--the rest of us--by using positive language toward them. And before calling me a hypocrite--I know you just itch to now--positive words have already been used many times before in this sequence to try and counter this provocatory material. No luck here. Maybe the hex has gotten to the boards.... Anyway, I would invite more positive-minded users to post as often as possible in order to at least balance the mood here a little bit. 

Cheers to you all. 

Often times you will see posts go up and later they will be deleted.  The reason for this generally is the original post caused too many negative rebuttal posts and the mods have to delete all of them; original and reply posts, to be fair.   

I think its good to remember that while its true that there are many posts damning and judging others in an incredibly insane(imo)way, these are being posted by just a couple people.  It does, unfortunatley, make it seem like alot of Christian believers feel this way.  I dont think the majority of Christians would be agreeing with these few peoples actions.  I agree with you that the majority would be highly offended and upset to see their faith portrayed in such a negative way.   

There are going to be "bad apples" in every walk of life.   You just have to do your best to remember that not all of the Christians or Buddhists or Muslims or whatever feel the same as these few individuals.  Always try and remember that in every single faith, they are many peaceful loving considerate caring kind people who are living their lives to the best of their abilities.  Throw away the negativity and focus on the positives of whatever faith(or non faith as the case may be) which suits you best as an individual.    If we all were to cast an opinion of an entire faith based on these few responses then we would be doing the same thing the majority on board seem to oppose.   

January 21, 2006, 9:40 am CST

You got it!

Quote From: implode1

The negativity cluttering this board is unbelievable.  We can hear something encouraging from someone, correct? Can we get some words of compassion for once maybe? Thank you very much again, countrycow, for informing me that I'm going straight to hell. Thank you for telling all these unfortunate guests from the show that they are damned because they have "bad luck". And yes, thank you for making the choice between a damning God and Satan that much more indiscernable and difficult. Thank you for all the encouraging words of terror, which fill up practically half of this entire topic sequence. Thank you for letting me know that going to some 2-dimensoinal heaven full of armored angels and fearful worship might not be the best of choice! Thank you for informing me of your negativity; I will be sure to avoid Church permanently. Thanks. 

We have to wonder how thses things sound to people who are Jewish or Buddhist or other. There are even conservative Christians who would be highly offended over somebody stepping up and declaring loudly himself to be a prophet; it is a hallmark of pride. 

All I can do is encourage reasonable people--the rest of us--by using positive language toward them. And before calling me a hypocrite--I know you just itch to now--positive words have already been used many times before in this sequence to try and counter this provocatory material. No luck here. Maybe the hex has gotten to the boards.... Anyway, I would invite more positive-minded users to post as often as possible in order to at least balance the mood here a little bit. 

Cheers to you all. 

Right on!

January 21, 2006, 5:28 pm CST

Yes people and places and even things can hold a negitive energy

People, places and even objects can hold and do hold energy..be it good or bad.there are ways and people that can remove and or balance out this energy..sometimes one can do it for themselves..go to amazon.com and or go to a New Age book store..there is hope.ITs just not all black or white..ther are grey and pink and blue and violet areas as well... ....B.W.

January 22, 2006, 5:59 am CST

A little light

Quote From: elffie

I wanted to tell you that it seems that you and I are both faithfull women, not of the same faith, but we do believe in something, let's leave it at that.  I never once told you that you were believing the wrong thing, but I did say that not everyone will agree with you.  You are telling me that I am wrong, that my beleifs do not exist and with that I am finished.  I can tell that you are the kind of person that will push your beliefs on others until they cave and say that you are right.  I'm sorry, but I know what I am doing is right for me, not for you.  With regards to Paganism, I think you need to do some research, it may do you some good to learn about a different religion.........it was one of the first religions before Christianity, don't forget that.  All in all, I have enjoyed conversing with you, as you have made myself even stronger in my beliefs.  I have met people like you and they were not clear about my beliefs until they did research and found out that it is not bad, that maybe I was doing the right thing.......if only everyone were like them.  I think if you look into it more, you may have a better understanding.  I just wanted to say goodbye for now and please, try not to be so harsh in your words towards others.  I wish you good fortune and blessed be.

I think countrycrow let her emotions take hold of her response and it came out a little over bearing but she does have a point. I am a Christian myself and very proud & secure in my love and faith in Christ.  I will admit I have never read a pagan book or looked to any other god or goddess for anything. I can say that it hasn't been until the last couple of years that my true understanding and faith has grown. My walk with God is stronger now through what I have read in the Bible and from what I have experienced through church.  

Because I have not read a thing about paganism (Frankly it scares the daylights out of me) I can't argue a thing about what is written in any pagan book What I can argue is what is written in the Bible. Revelation 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega" says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is yet to come, the Almighty"  

My point is... If God is the Alpha (the beginning, no other before) then wouldn't that mean that Christianity was first? Because Christians believe in God and the word of the Holy Bible. It also states in the Bible that God created the world in 7 days. That would be Genesis 1- 1:31. That would be all about on how on the first day God said "Let there be Light" and Shazam! There was Light. And It continues on with creation of the earth and everything on it. On the seventh day however God rested and declared that the Sabbath day. Hence is where us Christians get that & spend that day in church. My next point to be was .... If God created the earth and everything in it, wouldn't that make Christianity the first religion as well? So I am pretty confident that paganism is NOT the first religion "don't forget that!" 

I want to also say that Satan believes in God as well. He was after all an angel of God. He thought that he could do it better however and so now we live daily with the ramifications of his huge ego. 

CountryCow would not be doing her/his part as a Chrisitan if she/he was not spreading the word of the gospel. It is her dutie to share the word of the Bible. As a Christian I am sure that she/he pray's for others to find their way to Christ before it is to late for them. I will apologize for CountryCow or any other Christian, including myself, if anything has ever been said to turn you away from God because that is not what is wanted for you. I know the Bible can put some people off because there are things written that are very difficult to understand but maybe try reading other Christian books. The "Left Behind" series is absolutly phennominal at the way it explains the Bible. Like your asking others to look into your beliefs and give it a chance, I am asking the same of you. Give Christianity a chance and maybe you will understand the passion of it. 

God bless! 

P.S. CountryCow~ We all judge...We all fall short of the "Glory of God" 

January 22, 2006, 9:27 am CST

A reminder

We ask that you please stay on topic and discuss the show and/or the guests and refrain from turning this forum into a religious debate. Any further messages we deem to be off topic will be removed.

Thanks
DrPhilBoard1
Lead Moderator

January 22, 2006, 10:14 am CST

Sorry

Quote From: DrPhilBoard1

We ask that you please stay on topic and discuss the show and/or the guests and refrain from turning this forum into a religious debate. Any further messages we deem to be off topic will be removed.

Thanks
DrPhilBoard1
Lead Moderator
By all means I won't reply to others religious comments with my own religious comments. My apologies.

January 23, 2006, 6:12 am CST

Generational curses

I do believe in generational curses. Even the bible acknowleges generational iniquity. I have ancestors connected to the salem witch trials, and several generations of occult involvement. My great grandmother was a witch, and an uncles family who are still practicing satanists. Take that bizarre family and marry into another bizarre family to add in the Children of God cult, to make for some pretty messed up kids coming from that union.   

So yeah, I may be considered a crazy person because I have DID/MPD, but I'm not talking about just "perceived" curses, but all out attacks. Light bulbs blowing up, things flying of tables, glass in picture frames cracking for no reason - haunting type of stuff happens all the time, no matter where I live.  It is real.  

January 23, 2006, 6:47 am CST

Lovely

Quote From: justweird

I do believe in generational curses. Even the bible acknowleges generational iniquity. I have ancestors connected to the salem witch trials, and several generations of occult involvement. My great grandmother was a witch, and an uncles family who are still practicing satanists. Take that bizarre family and marry into another bizarre family to add in the Children of God cult, to make for some pretty messed up kids coming from that union.   

So yeah, I may be considered a crazy person because I have DID/MPD, but I'm not talking about just "perceived" curses, but all out attacks. Light bulbs blowing up, things flying of tables, glass in picture frames cracking for no reason - haunting type of stuff happens all the time, no matter where I live.  It is real.  

Glad to see they'll let you say what you feel.

January 23, 2006, 8:33 am CST

I respect everyone else's religious beliefs...

There have been many interesting viewpoints on this board.  Speaking to curses for myself, though, I agree with other posters who say that it is a person's belief that they have been cursed which causes all the negative things to happen.  I believe it is a law of the universe that we can reverse our own negative energy just by making a conscious effort to think in a more positive way.  I have been trying this myself, having just gone through a period of over 8 years of extreme austerity during which one tragic incident triggered many other difficult situations and periods of upset or ill health for me.  I finally figured out, though, that much of the pain was being created inside me and this realization has started to bring me back into the light, so to speak. 

To all who feel that misfortune is dogging them, try to just think more positive.  Not only that, if others weigh you down with their negativity, consciously avoid those people.  Hang out with those who have your same positive outlook.  This has made all the difference to me in just a few short months.  Try it, what do you have to lose but your pessimism? 

Sincerely, 

SB 

First | Prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | Next | Last