Message Boards

Topic : 03/23 Nasty Custody Battles

Number of Replies: 811
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 06, 2006, 01:41:19 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 01/09/06) If you’re getting a divorce, or even considering one, and you have kids, don't miss this show! Dr. Phil talks to parents who are embroiled in bitter custody battles, leaving their innocent children caught in the crossfire. Scott is tired of fighting with his ex-wife, Tiffany, over visitation of their two sons. The bickering has gotten so bad that Tiffany claims Scott spit on her during a recent encounter. Can they learn to respect each other for the sake of their kids? Plus, Angela says her ex-husband, Chris's violent past and brushes with the law have her so scared that she refuses to let him near their 7-year-old daughter. Does a man with Chris’s past deserve a second chance to be a father? Share your thoughts.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 9, 2006, 8:24 am CST

Angela

Do not go near that man and for God's sake don't let your child near him!!! It is as plain as day he is not a changed man or at the very least not nearly as changed as he needs to be. I only read the episode on the internet and and just seeing the pictures of that man getting angry scared me. He has the look of a crazed animal in his eyes. I can only imagine how scared you must have been sitting right next to him. If he terrifies you so much that you literally trembled with fear, just imagine how scared your little girl would be if she was with him and something made him mad. No level of drinking, drug doing, or impulsive anger should be acceptable around a seven year old girl. I lived with two people who had very short tempers when I was little and believe me, it changes you. If I made my mother mad she would immediatley resort to screaming, and don't even get me started on what would happen if I made my older brother mad. I was constantly walking on eggshells and believe me, even today, when my mother has calmed down and my brother has grown out of his violent behavior, I am still walking on eggshells, when it comes to everything and everyone. Please, Please, PLEASE! I am begging you, keep your daughter away from that madman.  

January 9, 2006, 8:29 am CST

You should've thought about that

As I sat there watching the segment with Chris and Angela, I began to wonder what kind of father did this woman think the man who was already abusing was going to be? I mean her exact words were "we got married in the midst of the confusion" and I'm thinking is this woman crazy or what! I think she needs to share some of the responsiblity of what has happened, she had a child with a meth using beer drinking evil man and now the one person who will and has suffered the most damage is this precious little darling that will without a doubt grow up looking for love in the wrong places and will proably end with a man just like this (I speak from experience) I wish these people (both men and woman!) need tho think of the long run and how making stupid decisions will efeect generations to come! I also hope that this father takes this tape home and takes a very good look @ how he cam off and how his actions may be very scary to an impressionable 7 year old. I think both these parents need counseling both together and apart so the healing can begin!!!!!!!!!! 

January 9, 2006, 8:42 am CST

His Eye's tell allot to Me. His Pupils were HUG.a pretty good sign of Drug Abuse of some kind. Dr.Phil said what I was thinking.I Hope the daughter

January 9, 2006, 8:49 am CST

Any Help in Mississippi???

Though I am a faithful Dr. Phil viewer I have not seen todays show yet it will not air in my area until later today.  I had to write because a friend of my is having issues similar to the ones that are talked about on the show today and I was wondering if anyone would have resources (like a great child advocacy lawyer) in Mississippi.  Not only is my friend going through a custody battle, but also dealing with criminal trial with her ex in regards to their daughter being sexually abused by him.   

The lawyer she has at this time has not been able to keep him from getting unsupervised visits with their daughter while awaiting his criminal trial.  Any help insight would be greatly appreciated. 

January 9, 2006, 9:02 am CST

Dark Eyes

Dear Dr. Phil 

Excellent advice to "dark eyed" Chris about getting help. He needs it! If that were my child I would see about getting into a protective program and changing my identity legally through the police department so that I would never have to deal with that guy again. My husband (22 year veteran of a city police department) and I were watching the show and that boy looks like he has an explosive anger problem and is DANGEROUS! His demeanor on television looked deceptive. He wasn't telling the whole story. SCARY! I am skeptical that he will change...Good Luck! 

SB937 

January 9, 2006, 9:18 am CST

Tiffany grow the heck up!

I am a second wife and I get along fine with husbands ex.  In fact she bought me a gift for our new baby.   I call her my ex wife in law. 

The main reason we act civil to each other is my stepdaughter.   It really doesn't matter if you don't like the new wife, you are hurting your children by acting childish.  She called you a name big deal what are you a four year old????    

Even if the ex did treat me like a dog I would just bite my tongue and take it because I love my stepdaughter and she is the innocent victim of a bad marriage.   

you can be childish and petty all you want but is this really a lesson you want to tech your little ones?   

Before any one asks, My husband was divorced four years beofre I entered the picture. 

January 9, 2006, 9:46 am CST

I don't know where you get your info from...

Quote From: catsagdn

Fathers are extremly important to a childs well being. Fathers according to much scientific research are far more important then mothers, contuary to popular belief, mothers are responsible for 70% of child murders and 80% of all child abuse cases, we should go back to the 1800's and demand that children belong to the father not the mother. who is with me?

but I would like to see this scientific research that shows fathers are more important. 

Like Dr. Phil has said the most important role model is the same sex parent. However, I believe that the best situation is having two loving parents. I think this show is very sad because it is children that are getting hurt but if you are going through a divorce I think you should try your hardest to make it easy for the kids and not put your adult problems( or in this case misinformation) on to innocent children. And do me a favor and don't post garbage like that anymore because it is not true and was probably meant to be hateful. 

January 9, 2006, 9:53 am CST

I don't know where you get your info from...

Quote From: catsagdn

Fathers are extremly important to a childs well being. Fathers according to much scientific research are far more important then mothers, contuary to popular belief, mothers are responsible for 70% of child murders and 80% of all child abuse cases, we should go back to the 1800's and demand that children belong to the father not the mother. who is with me?

but I would like to see this scientific research that shows fathers are more important. 

Like Dr. Phil has said the most important role model is the same sex parent. However, I believe that the best situation is having two loving parents. I think this show is very sad because it is children that are getting hurt but if you are going through a divorce I think you should try your hardest to make it easy for the kids and not put your adult problems( or in this case misinformation) on to innocent children. And do me a favor and don't post garbage like that anymore because it is not true and was probably meant to be hateful. 

January 9, 2006, 10:07 am CST

divorces

Hi Dr Phil 

I was in a divorce with my first ex and 3 weeks after I moved out the woman he was interested in moved into our home. She was a very controlling person and they both did not want me to see my 2 children that he had custody of. My ex and I had 3 children 2 boys and 1 girl and we split them up I kept our daughter and I let him have the boys. He was always trying to keep me from seeing my two boys. When I would call he would hand the phone to Cindy and she loved to call me names, slut, whore and God only knows what else. I wish they could have considered the kids and we could have worked together to get along for the kids sake but it didn't happen. They wanted to keep me from seeing the boys. They finally figured out a successful way I believe they told the boys I didn't want to see them and they called me one Sunday and told me the boys didn't want to see me. I figured it all out when one of my sons got into a car accident and was in a comma and he is dead now. The oldest boy won't have anything to do with me. It is too bad when parents can't put their selfish differences aside and just get alone for the kids.  

Diane 

January 9, 2006, 10:17 am CST

About today's show

In the first segment with Tiffany, Scott, and Kimmy, I was kind of disappointed that he didn't talk about Kimmy's accusations that Tiffany was negligant.  Some of the things Kimmy said disturbed me, like how one of the boys had 10 cavities and the other had 8.  From the time we were really little, my mom always taught my sister and I to brush regularly.  So far, I haven't gotten any cavities (knock on wood), and my sister has had only 1.  I don't think Tiffany is a negligant mother, but I think there's definately some things she can improve on, and I'm miffed that Dr. Phil didn't mention it.  Maybe Dr. Phil thought Kimmy made it up.  Maybe Kimmy did make it up.  Who knows??  But Dr. Phil could have at least addressed it.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last