Message Boards

Topic : 01/16 Honeymoon's Over Follow-up

Number of Replies: 191
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 13, 2006, 02:16:30 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

They’re newlyweds, married only a short time, and already they're headed for divorce court. First, Michelle says she's not the only woman in her marriage. Her husband, Matthew, has many female friends whom she has never met. Should he give them up or did she make a promise she can't keep? Then, when Marlon and Shamika first appeared on the show, they were eight months newly wed and were on the verge of becoming newly divorced because of their constant fighting. Did they put Dr. Phil's advice to work and have things changed? Share your thoughts.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 16, 2006, 2:28 pm CST

be happy

WAKE UP BEFORE IT IS TO LATE

Shamika seems to be self centered. She will never change unless he sells his salon. I believe as long as women are customers of his salon there will be a problem. Shamika would rather have him work for someone else than have his own business, which just happens to cater to women. If it were a barber shop I wander if Shamika would feel this way. I work nights and would not worry my wife about getting the kids clothes out the night before if all I had to do is dress the children and take them to school come home and go to sleep. This is a blessing. I have to take my 4 year old to school every morning and come back and sleep for 3 hours before I have to get and pick him up. During this time I also have a 2 year old at home all day. What is she complaining about. I would love to sleep as long as Shamika can. If she is not careful she will lose him and never get him back. Shamika will be punished every time she sees him with another women or if he gets married again. That will be a punishment of a lifetime. Just ask my ex-wife. You play the game long enough YOU WILL LOSE. 

Does She Think She's A Queen?

This girl obviously thinks she's royalty. I didn't exactly hear what she was willing to do for her husband. Anything? Why in the world does she need to come home from work and drop into bed immediately? When you work days you come home and you're up and doing things for another 5 hours or so before you go to bed, can't she stay up for 2 hours for her children? I feel sorry for her husband, because she's going to take and take until he has nothing left to give. Any other man would have kicked her to the curb by now. She needs to realize just how good she has it and start earning some of that love he's pouring out . Oh my goodness, the poor little girl can't go out in the cold? Give me a break. Dr. Phil, if she doesn't improve by the next show ---please put her in her place !! Many women would love to have a man that willing to make a marriage work.

January 16, 2006, 2:38 pm CST

Be Thankful

You fell in love with this person, and said for better or worse.. my husband and I  like many couples have our good and bad days..  we both cook, clean and take care of the kids. I telll him his cooking is good, and visaversa.  I help him outside.. Like anything we get in ruts and sometimes, our house dont get as clean as it should or we forget to say thank-you,, maybe you fell asleep before saying your prayers, but We always say I LOve You..   There's a song that goes like this" Cant be with the one you love Love the one your with. Get a grip girl. And start loving your husband. 

jakkay 

January 16, 2006, 2:45 pm CST

Go Marlon!

I got such a kick out of the second couple. Marlon may not have intended it, but he's a real hoot!  I hope they can resolve their problems. I think Marlon would be very surprised to find out how many women out there are 'thugged out'.Not many of us fall to pieces when a man says 'I'm Leaving!'  It's an old used up tactic. I think they make a  great couple and I wish them well.

January 16, 2006, 2:49 pm CST

01/16 Honeymoon's Over Follow-up

I hate to be the one that says this; I am an avid fan of Dr. Phil's, and I need to disagree with what he just said about asking your husband to do things. This process doesn't work, unless the husband is willing to cooperate in a marriage; they always have an excuse not to help out.

January 16, 2006, 2:49 pm CST

Queen ???

I can't believe what I am hearing from this woman.  She is so self centered and rude towards her husband.  This man in my mind has done alot already for her and she just is picking on him to make her feel in control.  I think she needs to grow up a lot.  The last time I looked she wants the marriage to be 50/50 but I think she needs to rethink her math, because she is coming off like the marriage will only work if it is 90/10 in her favor.   

January 16, 2006, 2:50 pm CST

01/16 Honeymoon's Over Follow-up

Clearly Shemka does not realize what she has, it seems like Marlon is trying his best to be a provider for his family and all she is doing is nagging nagging nagging..I'm sure Marlon isn't perfect but she better wake up and stop trippen because what she nags about another woman will appreciate. It doesn't seem like Marlon could do anything to make her happy. Maybe she needs to go to counseling to explore her issues and stop putting the blame on her husband.

January 16, 2006, 2:52 pm CST

That poor man!

This woman is on the road to ruining a good man. You can tell he loves her. She is expecting WAY to much. He hit the nail on the head, seems like everytime he corrects a problem she finds a new one!! He is going to get frustrated & give up if he never feels like he's making progress. I hope one of her girlfriends gives her a clue. No one is perfect, he's never going to say all the right things all the time, it's not supposed to be a test everyday. Does she just not want to be happy? I am so frustrated when I see a perfectly good man who is really trying being completely shot down. Please help this woman! She has a man who is desperately trying. Being a single parent is no fun especially when you don't have to be. Pushing away this type of man is wrong!

January 16, 2006, 2:52 pm CST

Search More

One "Strong Black Woman" to another.  Give your man a break and learn to appreciate what you have.  I was once in your position but through lots of personal work and growth I learned to first take a look at myself and there I found a lot of the answers to our problems.  It's ok to show your vulnerabilty to your husband. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last