Message Boards

Topic : 01/19 Follow-ups

Number of Replies: 255
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 13, 2006, 02:25:30 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Dr. Phil revisits some of his most amazing stories of the season. First, Tim and Anne Marie were desperate to save their mother, Sylvia, who was constantly talking to the voices in her head. After 10 weeks of treatment, see the inspirational turn Sylvia has taken. What will she say when she meets Dr. Phil face to face? Then, just over a month ago, two women told Dr. Phil how they fell victim to alleged con man and bigamist Ed Hicks. See how their story helped another woman and brought Hicks into police custody. Plus, 18-year-old Natalee Holloway disappeared last May during a senior class trip to the island of Aruba. Dr. Phil is joined by Natalee’s mother, Beth, her lawyer, and a consultant to the Aruban government who defends the work of the investigators. Have there been new revelations since the last time Beth appeared on the show? Could rescuers be on the brink of finding the missing teen? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 18, 2007, 1:20 pm CST

The Boycott

When I saw Dr. Phil's show about Natalie Holloway, I was moved to join the boycott. Perhaps it was just a desparate, knee-jerk attempt to fix a complicated problem, and I do understand why so many others feel we should sweep our own doorstep before we complain about Aruba's. Still, I was hoping someone would have been charged, at least on the circumstancial evidence because of the pressure of the boycott. A trial might have been the cataIyst to solve the case. Even so, a new search for Miss Holloway's remains begins today. I pray those involved find what they're looking for.

I suppose the real benefit of boycotting Aruba is in the publicity it drew. We Americans can be such arrogant tourists, and what I hope has resulted from all of this is that we're a little more educated about how to conduct ourselves abroad.  Our naive young people, especially, might make better choices after hearing about the evil that befell that lovely girl when she had her guard down. May God bless all those missing their children tonight.

December 18, 2007, 1:21 pm CST

01/19 Follow-ups

January 31, 2008, 10:58 am CST

01/19 Follow-ups

Quote From: chandrapearl

Crimereporter Peter R. de Vries from The Netherlands claims to have solved the case! Joran van der Sloot seems to have confessed on hidden camera. Mother Holloway is already in The Netherlands. Sunday-evening (European time) we know more, when the special is being broadcasted.

Check out Google News or www.peterrdevries.nl (Dutch)

March 5, 2008, 9:54 am CST

Boycotting Aruba

Before we begin, let me express my deepest condolences to the Holloway family on ths tragic event.

Now, as an Australian who lives in the Netherlands and has a Dutch girlfriend, I have to address a few points that have been posted here.

First: the legal system in Aruba is the same as the legal system in the Netherlands. There is no deliberate cover-up, and as the now-infamous TV interview with J. van der Sloot was taped in secrecy and without a lawyer present, it is inadmissible in court. This would also be the case if this investigation were conducted in the US.

Second: Aruba has one of the lowest crime rates and one of the highest living standards in the Caribbean.

Third: for all those who speak of Arubans being too 'fearful' to a) stand up to their government (the Neterlands) and b) 'free themselves' [from Dutch rule, I'm assuming], what are you talking about? Aruba is a protectorate of the Netherlands, and has retained that status voluntarily. It is a mutual relationship, and provides more benefit to Arubans than independence would.

Which brings me to my fourth and final point: encouraging US tourists to boycott Aruba will get you nowhere. The truth is that Americans don't make up a large enough percentage of the tourism trade to wreak havoc (the larger percentage of tourists are Dutch), and as an autonomous province within the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Aruba's economy is linked to that of the continental Netherlands. Aruba would NOT be ruined by an American tourism boycott. Forget about it.

Instead, focus on the more important issue: a devastated family who has lost their daughter.

July 4, 2009, 5:27 am CDT

Im From Iran need help.

Hi Dr Phil.

I live in a "somehow" abnormal family with a psychosis brother who has major deppresion.
with many difficulties in my country.
I love to be in one of the GreenDay's concerts but I wont, till I live in my country.
I love to be a Architect and did the Big Exam for accepting to the universities of my country but I didnt do it well although I studied hard for my exam during a year.
I dont have that intertainment in my country like other countries in the world so get bored at the begging of my holidays.

with these situation how could you help me to be fun?
dont forget that Im optimistic despite my family and the society.

First | Prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | Next Page | Last Page