Message Boards

Topic : 01/19 Follow-ups

Number of Replies: 255
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 13, 2006, 02:25:30 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Dr. Phil revisits some of his most amazing stories of the season. First, Tim and Anne Marie were desperate to save their mother, Sylvia, who was constantly talking to the voices in her head. After 10 weeks of treatment, see the inspirational turn Sylvia has taken. What will she say when she meets Dr. Phil face to face? Then, just over a month ago, two women told Dr. Phil how they fell victim to alleged con man and bigamist Ed Hicks. See how their story helped another woman and brought Hicks into police custody. Plus, 18-year-old Natalee Holloway disappeared last May during a senior class trip to the island of Aruba. Dr. Phil is joined by Natalee’s mother, Beth, her lawyer, and a consultant to the Aruban government who defends the work of the investigators. Have there been new revelations since the last time Beth appeared on the show? Could rescuers be on the brink of finding the missing teen? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 14, 2006, 3:06 pm CST

Dr Phil Ask the President to Put Hubble telescope On Aruba

To take Pics...  To try to Find Miss Halloway..? 

Take care.. 

January 18, 2006, 10:52 pm CST

Arubas

Dear. Dr. Phil: 

I saw your show today and I am amazed at the coverup in Aruba, I think that the best way to get results, is to boicot this billion dollar destination, I am sure you can get the number of calls the Cruise Ships made last year. As soon as we stop calling on Aruba and the local tourism industry starts feeling in the pocket the grief they are inflicting on the girls family & can guarantee they cough up real result and their so called justice system will do what they are supposed to do. Thank Yoou 

January 19, 2006, 7:11 am CST

Aruba Officials

I find myself inferiorated that Aruba has sent a tourism liason to handle this case.  If were up to me, I'd start an all out boycott of tourism to Aruba starting with prime-time media coverage and commericals pleading with parents not to let their children travel to Aruba.  A few commericals is all it would take to have all of the news casts talking about it.  If their tourism is crippled by the US, the US Government may get involved. 

January 19, 2006, 7:15 am CST

americans are so strange.......

You americans are so strange......  

First of all I would like to say that these thing (kidnapping/murder/rape) never schould happen. Because it's terrible.  

But the one thing I don't understand about the USA is: They would like that everyone is behaving as they say. So a american girl is lost in Aruba and Aruba should 'obey' the USA???? Why.  

I am Dutch and the laws in Aruba are the same like ours. Those laws are good. Because if you look to american prisons there are innocent people out there. Because they were pressured by the police to say they did it.  

(B.T.W I am NOT discussing now about if Joran is quilty or not ok, so please...)  

Another thing I would like to add is another case, here in the Netherlands we have another gay who did crimes in the Netherlands. But he smugled stuf to the USA. The Dutch needed to give him to the americans because they wanted. HE IS DUTCH. And now there is prove that meanwile the investigation to the actions of the "Zwarte Cobra" (his name) the americans didn't respect our laws.  

They broke it on cerveral points.  

You can't say to other country's: You should treat us with respect, while in meanwhile you disrespect them.  

I strongly belive you don't now enything about other countries. Americans only have a vission about there own beloning, and there wallet.  

And by the way did you ever send 3 F-16 to search for a foreiner who was lost in ameica?  

I hope tis discussion will be a lot better than the last one we had on these boards about Nathalee Holloway. Treat echtother with respect, and please, don't say: You are stupid / basterds / dump or that stuff. Everyone has a diffrent vission, and respect each other. Or it won't be a good discussion. On the last board it was more: Kill the Arubans and Dutch.  

But comeon respect you have to earn, you can't take it by forse.  

Have a nice day, Ninjai  

January 19, 2006, 7:47 am CST

Frustrated

I watched the show today and I am frustrated with this Aruban "tourism" rep who was representing Aruba on the show. 

First off, it was clear that he was blowing smoke and dodging issues.   His appearance was more than pointless.  He seemed deceptive to me. 

Secondly, and most frustrating, was that he was clearly an American by his accent.   Whose side is he on here??  I don't care WHO was paying my paycheck --  there is a problem with you as an American if you are going to stand by and let the Arubans talk in circles like this.   He's probably and ex-pat and that's probably a good thing.   If you're not with us, you're against us. 

I think we should extend our boycott to The Netherlands if  this is how their laws are read.  All we need is a high schooler going to Amsterdam to smoke legalized marijuana and ending up dead there, too.

January 19, 2006, 8:09 am CST

Still disgusted with Aruban Authourities

Just watched the show 1/19/06 with Natalee's Mom. I guess the boycott of the island has got some people running around and covering their buts. It is so frustrating to see this "ambassador" spewing niceities- I mean , I just don't get it- if he thinks they are guilty , why are they still out there and free?? Why is that so complicated ?

January 19, 2006, 8:18 am CST

01/19 Follow-ups

First of all, I really do not believe that "americans are weird" and second of all this has to do with a mother trying to find out what happened to her daughther. Regardless of the fact that the boys that were accused are the actual people or not is irrelevant right now. Something has to be done and it has to be done quickly. These boys should be questioned as long as it takes until further information or she is found. I believe that ANYTHING should be done to solve this case. No matter if the missing person is an AMERICAN or any other ethnicity. No one stops to think about how her mother is feeling in this situation. She has a child that is MISSING! Justice needs to be served and until that is done.. boycotting Aruba sounds like a great idea to me. Oh, and another thing I have a problem with is the post about Nathalee having sex with that boy. I really do not believe that that has ANYTHING to do with the fact that her mother is trying to figure what happened to her. Not whether she had sex with him or not. I'm pretty sure her mother has more important things to think about than that. Do not stereotype men either by saying he would have sex with her and left her alone on the beach because he was a man. That is a ridiculous comment. People need to wake up and open there eyes. Realize there is a girl missing right now and someone is on the loose. 

January 19, 2006, 8:36 am CST

Trafficking possible?

Have any of the government officials looked into the possibility that Natalie was kidnapped and "trafficked" to another country, i.e. sold into prostitution? I saw a special on the TV show Independent Lens about trafficking girls and also the movie on Lifetime about the subject...according to the shows, it is much more common than we think... 

I haven't read anything about this possibility in any of the reports. Has anyone?  

January 19, 2006, 8:40 am CST

Aruba

Dear Dr. Phil, 

1st of all let me say I love your show and your tell it like it is additude, I am a tell like it is person myself.  We need to stick together!! I watched the show today, and am disturbed by the man representing Aruba tourism.  He needs to fired!!  His facial expression was almost a grin, sitting across from this poor woman who still has no answers about her daughter disapperance.  I was outraged. He gave her no answers.  Who cares about Holland law or aruba law.  There is someone missing and thats all that matters. Forget the rest.   

My daughter is 13 and attends a charter school. They recently took a trip to Hawaii, my daughter did not go for the simple fact of what is going on in Aruba!  I could not let her go because I was afraid the same thing might happen to her.  You cant trust anyone anymore!!  There is another trip planned for Boston, She is going on that one but only because I am going with her!!  My heart goes out to that poor lady who has no closure. I dont know how she keeps going. I have 2 children and if anything happened to either one of them I couldnt go on. Its a terrrible thing!  Someone has answers, and the 3 boys should be held until the answers are found!! 

January 19, 2006, 8:51 am CST

What about the other investigation?

Whatever happened to those two tough guys that were looking for Natalee in Mexico, believing she was sold into sexual slavery?

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last