Message Boards

Topic : 03/17 Kids Ask Dr. Phil

Number of Replies: 255
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 13, 2006, 02:27:28 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 01/20/06) Dr. Phil fields questions from teens across the country. Alysia, 17, wants her mom to approve of her 30-year-old boyfriend, Jamie -- who's in jail and has been charged with domestic violence. Her mother, Linda, says she's living a parent's worst nightmare. She says her daughter was working hard and headed toward college until she met this man, and now her future is at stake. Next, Kaylene, 15, is upset that her mother has banned her from using a Web site where she posted pictures of herself in a bikini. Is the Internet a safe place for a 15-year-old girl? Then, Brittany, 14, says her family moved to Nashville to pursue her dream of being a singer. But now that her parents are having marriage problems, she's caught in the middle and thinks it's all her fault. Plus, see the exciting new project The Dr. Phil Foundation is working on to help some wonderful children beat the odds! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 14, 2006, 8:17 am CST

Ask Him some tough Questions...

Some colleges if you work Full time for 5 yrs..Any position..  Kids can go for free, Must get A`s And B  In High School...To Qualify...Norte Dame, IN is one. Do any one know of any More?  

Ask him about Einstein?  What he Knows about him? 

Take care, John 

January 14, 2006, 12:09 pm CST

Very Wrong....

For The girl, 17, to date a Man 30 yrs old.  She is very vulnerable.  Is it her first Date? 

And girls posing on the Internet. Very wrong. 

Aspirations and dreams.  Singer, songwriter. I hope the best for you. 

January 15, 2006, 7:20 am CST

HELP!

i dont get along with my step mom and everytime she is in the same room as i am i have to leave becasue she dosnt want to see me. and everytime she yells at me it takes all my might to hold myself back and not arguee but lots of times it dosnt work. and even sometimes she tells me only 2 more years until your out of my house. and it hurts because someone needs to say something to her but she dosnt want to hear anything from anyone. please help me what should i do? 

January 15, 2006, 9:32 am CST

Talk to School Counselor, Or Pastor At a Church

Quote From: kikibird

i dont get along with my step mom and everytime she is in the same room as i am i have to leave becasue she dosnt want to see me. and everytime she yells at me it takes all my might to hold myself back and not arguee but lots of times it dosnt work. and even sometimes she tells me only 2 more years until your out of my house. and it hurts because someone needs to say something to her but she dosnt want to hear anything from anyone. please help me what should i do? 

Or Maybe Both,  Get input from Both...

January 16, 2006, 11:44 am CST

01/20 Kids Ask Dr. Phil

Quote From: kikibird

Where is your father.  Does he not know what is going on with this woman.  Does he not take up for you??????

January 17, 2006, 11:52 am CST

thank god for dr.phil

How can it  be possible for a 17 year old girl to try to date a 30 year old man in jail,it is not even an option, how are her parents raising her, she is not getting attention and love from her parents enough that  she thinks she is going to get from a 30 year old IN JAIL!!!!!. MY GOD!!!!. 

I know when you fall in love there is nothing and nobody that will make you change your mind and even more when the parents do not accept the relationship. you always want to be right, and against your parents.  

BUT GIRL THERE IS NO "I LOVE YOU ALWAYS" THAT THIS GUY IS GOING TO SAY TO YOU, OR PAINT LOVE AND GREAT FUTURE IN THE CLOUDS, THAT MAKE THIS A  BIT RIGHT. 

YOU ARE YOUNG PRETTY, NOT IN JAIL!!!!!, AND WITH THE CAPACITY OF DAYING ANY BOY MORE OR LESS YOUR AGE, WHY START BY RUINNING YOUR FUTURE WITH A LOSER!!. 

BE REALISTIC!! HE IS A LOSER YOU ARE NOT, IF YOU ARE NOT GETTING ENOUGH LOVE FROM YOUR PARENTS, DON'T LOOK FOR IT LIKE THIS YOU CAN GIVE THE LOVE YOURSELF, TAKE A CLASS OF SOMETHING, DRAW, WRITE, READ EDUCATE YOURSELF. 

BUT DO NOT BE THIS DUMMY!! PLEASE!!!. WHEN I WAS 14 I STARTED DATING A 22 YEAR OLD MAN, AND MY MOM DID NOT KNOW, I WAS IN LOVE, I WANTED TO GET MARRIED , AFTER 2 YEARS OF RELATIONSHIP(MY MOM FOUND OUT BY THEN ALMOST KILLS ME)  MY MOM THOUGHT IT WAS OVER,THINKING THAT IT WAS REAL LOVE, AND THIS AND THAT ,HE WASN'T IN JAIL AND HE WAS A PROFFESIONNAL DESIGNER, TO MAKE THE STORY SHORT. 

A MONTH BEFORE WE WERE GOING TO " GET MARRIED", I WAS GOING TO GO AWAY WITHOUT SAYING ANITHING AND LIVE THE DREAM,BLAH BLAH BLAH. HE NEVER CALLED ME AGAIN, HE HAD BEEN DATING ANOTHER WOMAN ON THE SIDE SHE WAS 29, SHE WAS PREGNANT AND I HAD NO CLUE.HE NE VER CALLED ME AGAIN HE DISSAPEAR AND A FAMILY MEMBER OF HIS TOLD ME ALL THIS I WAS IN SHOCK, AND SO SAD, BUT YOU GET OVER IT AND YOU LEARN, AND IT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON AND IT HELPS YOU MAKE GOOD CHOICES. 

i THANK GOD!! I DID NOT GO AWAY WITH HIM, I WAS YOUNG AND STUPID!!. AND MY MOTHER WAS RIGHT. 

I DID NOT RUINNED MY FUTURE AND IT WOULD BE A SHAME FOR YOU TO RUIN YOURS. 

SINCERELY  . 

A HAPPY WIFE MOTHER OF 2. 

January 18, 2006, 2:05 pm CST

What difference does it really make!!!

Quote From: monileah

How can it  be possible for a 17 year old girl to try to date a 30 year old man in jail,it is not even an option, how are her parents raising her, she is not getting attention and love from her parents enough that  she thinks she is going to get from a 30 year old IN JAIL!!!!!. MY GOD!!!!. 

I know when you fall in love there is nothing and nobody that will make you change your mind and even more when the parents do not accept the relationship. you always want to be right, and against your parents.  

BUT GIRL THERE IS NO "I LOVE YOU ALWAYS" THAT THIS GUY IS GOING TO SAY TO YOU, OR PAINT LOVE AND GREAT FUTURE IN THE CLOUDS, THAT MAKE THIS A  BIT RIGHT. 

YOU ARE YOUNG PRETTY, NOT IN JAIL!!!!!, AND WITH THE CAPACITY OF DAYING ANY BOY MORE OR LESS YOUR AGE, WHY START BY RUINNING YOUR FUTURE WITH A LOSER!!. 

BE REALISTIC!! HE IS A LOSER YOU ARE NOT, IF YOU ARE NOT GETTING ENOUGH LOVE FROM YOUR PARENTS, DON'T LOOK FOR IT LIKE THIS YOU CAN GIVE THE LOVE YOURSELF, TAKE A CLASS OF SOMETHING, DRAW, WRITE, READ EDUCATE YOURSELF. 

BUT DO NOT BE THIS DUMMY!! PLEASE!!!. WHEN I WAS 14 I STARTED DATING A 22 YEAR OLD MAN, AND MY MOM DID NOT KNOW, I WAS IN LOVE, I WANTED TO GET MARRIED , AFTER 2 YEARS OF RELATIONSHIP(MY MOM FOUND OUT BY THEN ALMOST KILLS ME)  MY MOM THOUGHT IT WAS OVER,THINKING THAT IT WAS REAL LOVE, AND THIS AND THAT ,HE WASN'T IN JAIL AND HE WAS A PROFFESIONNAL DESIGNER, TO MAKE THE STORY SHORT. 

A MONTH BEFORE WE WERE GOING TO " GET MARRIED", I WAS GOING TO GO AWAY WITHOUT SAYING ANITHING AND LIVE THE DREAM,BLAH BLAH BLAH. HE NEVER CALLED ME AGAIN, HE HAD BEEN DATING ANOTHER WOMAN ON THE SIDE SHE WAS 29, SHE WAS PREGNANT AND I HAD NO CLUE.HE NE VER CALLED ME AGAIN HE DISSAPEAR AND A FAMILY MEMBER OF HIS TOLD ME ALL THIS I WAS IN SHOCK, AND SO SAD, BUT YOU GET OVER IT AND YOU LEARN, AND IT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON AND IT HELPS YOU MAKE GOOD CHOICES. 

i THANK GOD!! I DID NOT GO AWAY WITH HIM, I WAS YOUNG AND STUPID!!. AND MY MOTHER WAS RIGHT. 

I DID NOT RUINNED MY FUTURE AND IT WOULD BE A SHAME FOR YOU TO RUIN YOURS. 

SINCERELY  . 

A HAPPY WIFE MOTHER OF 2. 

When will she be turning 18?  Okay, I say that because she is a young woman, dispite what we may think or how hard we preach to these young girls they'll never know what we are really saying until they have been there.  Yes, I do agree with you but I tell you, I have a daughter and it dosen't matter how much I may preach or how blue & black I get in the face my children always have to test the waters.  I don't want her to become his victim by any means but, if that's what she wants let her get burned if she won't listen. I'm also a wife and mother of 2. 

Respectfully, 

Frusted about the whole damn situation!!!! 

January 18, 2006, 3:06 pm CST

I have a myspace.....

Alot of guys bother me but u just have to say no go away...  i think that yes they should if they are mature enough... Also teens do stupid things cuz they hate there life how it is.... I should know i have been through it all.... Except drugs.

January 19, 2006, 7:31 am CST

GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

I hope Alysia realizes that this 30 year old man in jail is a charming, sweet-talking, con! She doesn't understand that all he has is time ON HIS HANDS. Time to think of ways to sweet talk yet another victim. She can't change him! He will say all the things that she wants to hear and then he will convince her that it was no fault of his own that he is in jail. He will start by making her feel sorry for him, and then have her think that he NEEDS HER love to live a crime free-life. Well, its all LIES!!! Once he is in full control of her life, he will consume her like a deadly disease and she will find herself in a really bad situation that will be really difficult to get out of.  My advice for Alysia is to talk to the woman whom Jamie is accused of beating, get some background information on his life, then make a decision.  

January 19, 2006, 4:43 pm CST

Crazy

Crazy kids. Let's hope Dr. Phil sets them straight!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last