Message Boards

Topic : 09/08 Too Hot!

Number of Replies: 179
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 20, 2006, 03:01:02 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 01/23) If you’ve got it, flaunt it! Dr. Phil's guests say they’ve gone from ugly ducklings to hot tamales, but their loved ones think they’ve gone too far. Audrey says she looks extra hot now that she's 62 ... and she's got a 28-year-old boyfriend to prove it! Her close friend, Crystal, thinks Audrey should hang up her miniskirts and start baking cookies. Then, Bobbie lost 140 pounds and gained an insanely jealous husband who thinks she looks way too sexy. What do the cameras reveal when they follow Bobbie out for a night on the town? Plus, a winner of the popular makeover show The Swan says she doesn't know how to handle her newfound beauty. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 23, 2006, 1:02 pm CST

too hot- beware

Dear Dr. Phil,  I know what is going on with the girl who is flirting  because she lost 140 pounds. I know from my own experience. Ill try to be short. I also had gastric By pass and lost 165 pounds. I also thought i was the cats meow.  Well I left my husband, sold my house,and almost ruined by 12 year old daughters faith in me.I craved attention soo much that when I finally got it I was like a starving maniac. I hooked up with my ex husband (who is an alcoholic) started drinking, and doing drugs. I finally got help and I realized what a damn fool I was. Thank God my husband loved me enough to take me back and start a new life. Now even though I gained 45  pounds back, I am very happy. So if she really loves him she will stop hurting him and enjoy her new look with the man she loves. He will appreciate it more than anyone.  one of your biggest fans.  pam

January 23, 2006, 1:06 pm CST

Got what she asked for

I have to comment on the "swan".  Sometimes you get what you want so you have to be careful of what you wish for.  The grass isn't greener on the other side, it is merely a different shade of green.  Did she really think guys were going to look at her and say to themselves "wow, that girl has a great phd I bet!"?  Come on!!!!   

As far as the woman who lost the weight and now she is a size 4.  She is flirting, plain and simple.  If I were her husband, I would be very hurt!  I wouldn't run around and beating guys up because my wife has her butt in their face, but I would seriously address this with her, at least get into counseling!!!!! 

Grandma, right on baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

January 23, 2006, 1:12 pm CST

I guess we all want to "fit in"

Quote From: marfaz

Why is the lady who was on "The Swan" feeling Guilty? It sounds like a "Fractured Fairy Tale" (Do you remember those on the "Bulwinkle and Rocky" show?) It was the Ugly Duckling who made himself Handsome , then he went to Hollywood. He found out that that Ugly was In and then he let kids throw rocks at him to break his beak so he could be Ugly again. That's what's happening to this girl. It's also a bad side effect of American obsession with Physical Beauty. 

Now if you have a Problem on the Inside, like Asperger Syndrome (which I have) good luck with finding Someone who wants to have a relationship with You who DOESN'T have a Learning Disability. 

Does having a Learning Disability make You Rotten, causing People to WANT to take Advantage of You? or is the Social Problem HOW the NON DISABLED Person TREATS the Person WITH a "DISABILITY?" 

I think that in society we all want to fit in, but we lose sight of what's important. If you are different in any way- if you are too fat, or not conventionally attractive, or have some sort of disability, it is harder to make friends. But, not everyone is like that, and the friends that you do have are true friends. So the h*** with America's stupid obessions. All the beautiful shallow ppl will have a rude awakening sooner or later.

January 23, 2006, 1:12 pm CST

From the Neck Down

You can change yourself from the neck down over and over and over in the course of your lifetime but unless you change yourself from the neck up, it will be very difficult for you to find peace and contentment in your life.   The people on today's show were all changed from the neck down.  Now they've got to do the rest of the work. 

January 23, 2006, 1:16 pm CST

I want to adopt grandma!

She is so cute and she would fit in so perfectly here. I dye my mom's hair weird colors and mine as well> There is no age. It's all as state of mind. if you feel young, go for it. She's raised her child she needs to have fun and if this is fun for her, who is it hurting!? I think she is a wonderful woman with a fantastic personality who is fully enjoying life and all it has to offer. Let her be who she is. I still want to adopt her though. Honey, come down to Texas, you will be welcomed with open arms!

January 23, 2006, 1:20 pm CST

sexy at 60

dr. phil, 

leave this woman alone! my grandmother started dating younger men at the age of 70! she had 3 boyfriends all at least   20 to 30 years younger than her. the family went nuts!  I said leave her alone, what do you want ? do you want her to stay at home and vegitate? i say more power!! My grandmother died at 86 and she was active and happy .  she could run circles around me and i was and am proud of her!  

January 23, 2006, 1:28 pm CST

too hot

Quote From: dlynn_pa

I have to comment on the "swan".  Sometimes you get what you want so you have to be careful of what you wish for.  The grass isn't greener on the other side, it is merely a different shade of green.  Did she really think guys were going to look at her and say to themselves "wow, that girl has a great phd I bet!"?  Come on!!!!   

As far as the woman who lost the weight and now she is a size 4.  She is flirting, plain and simple.  If I were her husband, I would be very hurt!  I wouldn't run around and beating guys up because my wife has her butt in their face, but I would seriously address this with her, at least get into counseling!!!!! 

Grandma, right on baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

hey!   well   i watched the show today.    to me  at 62   theres nothing wrong wanting to  look good.  but at the same time   you need   a person  thats not  way too young  for you!  age  don't matter  .   but you can  go   too  far with it. when dateing.       i am 32 and  i    am ok with my looks.   a woman  does  want too feel good about herself.   i feel  the same way.   but if i was merried  i want  too look good for my man  only.    not  for others.      theres nothing wrong  with   wanting too change  your looks..   but   i would not    go   to the  doctor  to cut on me. to make me  look  better..   i   would   work out ,  stay fit.  change  my hair  or clothes,   if i was  big  i would loose weight, !   thats what  people need to do  if they  want to change their looks..     every woman  needs to feel good  about them selfs.   just go about it  the right  and healthy  way..     hollywood   makes  a woman   feel   not  sexy  enough. but    they  are just like us only they  have someone  else  putting their makeup on and everything else...     anyway    feeling  good  about your self  is great,,    but some can take it too far..

January 23, 2006, 1:35 pm CST

Bobby and Hubby are heading for disaster

Bobby and her hubby both need to be a little more sensitive to each other's needs. It is 100% understandable that she would like the attention she is now getting- I know how it feels to be "invisiable". But, she needs to chill out- she is clearly sending the wrong message. Now, her hubby is feeling insecure because he is now the chubby one- he is scared! But, he needs to be the one fawning over her- and he should feel proud that men notice her! This situation could really get out of control. She might get sick of the fighting, feel that her husband doesn't appreciate her new found sexy looks- and find someone that does. She needs to stop flirting- and he needs to relax if men look at her and he needs to flirt with his wife!

January 23, 2006, 1:36 pm CST

hey

Quote From: setina

For the lady that lost all that weight and her husband is now all pissy about it... I think if he really loved you for you he would be happy and pleased with your turn around. But then again that's not always the case. I'm 22 and a lil over weight,  My bf always gets on me about my weight and seening I've put on weight since we frist got together he always wants me to lose it. But I put myself in this girl shoes. If I do, I see how he is now when guys look at me or flirt with me, if I lose all this weight and become what I want look wise so bad, I feel the relationship will just become worse off, and end up like these 2.  If you really love someone you should always love them no matter what they look like and guys should take other guys hitting on your gf/wife with pleasure. Cause its you she's coming home to at nite and sleeping next to you. We all can be so pig headed at times... but you should always be happy and true to yourself!
i  agree with you!!   men can  be dogs sometime. if you know  what i mean!!    what you are saying  is so true

January 23, 2006, 1:38 pm CST

34 Year Difference

Quote From: missjane2

I think 34 years difference is a little much... but my question for them is:  Is Audrey older than Tyler's mother?  Also how does Tyler's mother feel about this? 

What difference does it make if Audrey is older than Tyler's mother? And what does a 28 year old MAN"S mother's opinion have to do with this couples relationship?!  A mother's responsibilities extend to her offsping while they are legally of minor age. A mother is not in charge of your life for as long as she, or you, live. 

I have been in relationships with men my own age which I believed would be for the "long term" and they ended. NOTHING is guaranteed, not the length of a relationship or the length of one's life.  People need to live their life for the here and now, not make decisions based on the distant future. Life has a funny way of pulling the plug on people when they are too busy worrying about the future.  

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last