Message Boards

Topic : 09/08 Too Hot!

Number of Replies: 179
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 20, 2006, 03:01:02 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 01/23) If you’ve got it, flaunt it! Dr. Phil's guests say they’ve gone from ugly ducklings to hot tamales, but their loved ones think they’ve gone too far. Audrey says she looks extra hot now that she's 62 ... and she's got a 28-year-old boyfriend to prove it! Her close friend, Crystal, thinks Audrey should hang up her miniskirts and start baking cookies. Then, Bobbie lost 140 pounds and gained an insanely jealous husband who thinks she looks way too sexy. What do the cameras reveal when they follow Bobbie out for a night on the town? Plus, a winner of the popular makeover show The Swan says she doesn't know how to handle her newfound beauty. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 23, 2006, 2:45 pm CST

TOO HOT

I think that Bobbie needs to wake up and smell the coffee before she loses her husband.  She is flirting with the guys when she went out with your camera crew.  I don't think that her behavior is going to change until she see what she is doing.

January 23, 2006, 2:56 pm CST

Give me a break!

Quote From: junee1

How sad that Audrey thinks she looks hot !!!  She looks so very silly ! Invite her back without the wigs and the make-up and the bazaar clothes,and let's have another look. Audrey thinks she has great legs - let's see those 62 yr old legs without panty-hose !! Twice a child, once a man (woman) - she is now on her way to becoming ( or already there ) child-like !

Audrey's legs without pantyhose?  Puulleease!  Why is it so hard to let someone just have a blast, without criticizing - because, yes,yes,yes, she is a woman? 

My legs have never looked good, pantyhose, fake tan, you name it.  I'm thin, too.  The most important opinion, obviously, is Tyler.  He is happy with her.  The comment about his mother was a hoot. 

I find Audrey inspiring, as others said.  Don't waste a day, girl, and skip the jealous comments! 

January 23, 2006, 3:01 pm CST

Your attitude is what is sad!!!

How sad that Audrey thinks she looks hot !!!  She looks so very silly ! Invite her back without the wigs and the make-up and the bazaar clothes,and let's have another look. Audrey thinks she has great legs - let's see those 62 yr old legs without panty-hose !! Twice a child, once a man (woman) - she is now on her way to becoming ( or already there ) child-like !
While Audrey may have carried things a bit too far with the pink wig and some of the clothes, I don't think there is anything wrong with trying to look good as you get older.  Your comment about the pantyhose was over the top and cruel.  What if she didn't have perfect legs?  What is so wrong about enhancing them with pantihose? Do I detect some envy here on your part? By the way, you may not have thought of this but someday YOU too will be 62!!  When I reach that age  I intend to still care about being and looking youthful!!!!!

January 23, 2006, 3:01 pm CST

it's not rocket science

What's with that.....a woman wins a swan contest, gets all this work done, looks great and now doesn't want men to look at her or judge her on her looks.  Then don't dress in a "hot" way.  As Dr. Phil has said many times...men are visual...if you dress in a way to attract attention how can you be offended by getting that attention.  Get over yourself.  Personally, I will dress in a conservative classy fashion as opposed to cheap and sexy....it may not get all the attention but I believe it gets the attention of the kind of person I want to attract.  It's not rocket science!!!

January 23, 2006, 3:02 pm CST

Audrey

I am 62, wear clothes that make me look hot. My husband that is 76, is thrilled with my appearance. He enjoys my new hairdos, my jewelery, my clothes. Why does it have to be a problem? Just because I'm getting old, doesn't mean I have to look like it. I've never had plastic surgery, but I'm just not showing my age, neither is my husband. We have a great time asking people how old they think we are. They never guess the right age. We don't have wrinkles, or act old. That's for old people.  

I say, to Audrey and any others in my age group, look your best, every day, even if you're just taking out the garbage. My mother taught me that philosophy, always look your best, no matter what you're doing. She was a wise lady.  

January 23, 2006, 3:11 pm CST

Audrey

I know Audrey although I havent seen her since April. I miss her with all of my heart and invite her back into my life! 

She has an extraordinary story and she deserves all the happiness she can find. Audrey has suffered so much and Tyler is so good to her. She told me that she has never been happier. So, for as long as it lasts, it is worth it to her.  Dr. Phil did play devil's advocate but that is his job. 

I am sure they will deal with all that life brings them in ways that work for both of them.  It is so easy to judge until you have walked  in someone else's shoes.  In this crazy world, we have to find happiness where we can. No matter what other's think. So, I applaud Audrey's recently  found happiness! 

Audrey, you know who I am and how to find me! I haven't stopped loving you. 

January 23, 2006, 3:14 pm CST

Audrey - You GO Girl!!

I am 66 (next month) and I buy all my clothes at Victoria Secret and look HOT! I lost 70 pounds a couple of years ago and I love my new body and love to show it off. I don't bake cookies even though I have 15 grandkids and 3 great grands. You are as old as you feel and I feel young. My husband is proud of me and loves the way I look. Give Audrey a break - let her have as much fun as she can as long as she can. When Audrey gets "old" she will change but let her live HER life as long as she is not hurting anyone. Her daughter should lighten up and let her mom be herself. My 23 year old granddaughter loves the way I am and never wants me to change. Been there - doing that!

January 23, 2006, 3:15 pm CST

reply about audrey

there is nothing silly about audrey! 

she is no different than movie stars who use what ever they can to keep looking like a million bucks. 

audreys look is appropriate to how she feels 

January 23, 2006, 3:15 pm CST

don't blame women

Quote From: chubbysal

I am 52, a married home maker, overweight and in a slump with menopause.  Good for Audrey.  I admire her.  I have never had legs like hers.  Maybe if more married women were as exhuberant as she, men would stop having affairs.  What is it with this Grandma image?  60 is not old anymore! 

Dr. Phil, I believe I have just been inspired!!   

You can't blame women for the reason men have affairs.  PEOPLE have affairs b/c they don't honor the commitment they made when they got married.  Saying it is any woman's "fault" by saying if only they acted like this Grandma chick is nuts.  Men cheat on beautiful women all the time.  "The grass is always greener on the other side".  There is no justification for cheating on a person you took a marriage vow with. PERIOD.

January 23, 2006, 3:19 pm CST

Audrey

Quote From: atlswan

I don't think Dr. Phil was telling Audrey to stop being herself or being outrageous. I think he was just giving her and her much younger beau a big dose of reality.  

It's probably a lot of fun right now. And who knows? They may be together for a while. But the truth is that when she hits her 70s, no matter how much plastic surgery she gets, it wouldn't be unheard of for the younger boyfriend to yearn for greener (and younger) pastures. He may not. But to at least be aware of the fact this may vey well happen sounds pretty sensible. 

As for Bobby, I can understand why she's flaunting it now that she's got it. But when you've got a husband, why not flaunt it to him? He's the one who has been with her through everything. That doesn't mean she has to wear long skirts and big sweaters to hide her figure. But toning down the flirting might help a lot, because it sure looked like that's what she was doing. You can be friendly and nice without being flirty. 

I think if Dr. Phil is going to get on Audrey for going out with a younger guy, he should have had a MAN who is dating a WOMAN 30+ yrs. younger than himself (gee, that would take about ten seconds to find in his audience) as well, and give that MAN the same 'third degree'. 

Why give the woman a hard time?  Our North American society tries its best to squelch women over the age of forty ANYWAY, so WHY NOT fight against that not-too-subtle (translate:  OUTRAGEOUSly aggressive) squelching, anyway?

I totally agree about men - if there were any out there who were not married and not totally screwed up over forty/fifty, maybe she'd not have to look outside her age demographic.  If men aged as WELL as women do, maybe she'd not have to .... BUT men don't age as well; women will largely outlive them, and so what's the problem with this after all? 

It's this women's personal business if she wants to date younger man, and no one else's - although I expect the mother of this young man may have an opinion.  Let's hope it's positive for both their sakes.  And this 'long term' nonsense?  Tell me where it can be proven that two people of the same age have any greater chance of a lasting relationship?  I think statistics are on this couple's side, not against it.

Act like a grandma at 60?  SEZS WHO?  Is she a grandma - I didn't hear!  If one of my kids pushes me into the grave at an early age by suggesting I ACT geriatric, I'll never speak to them after the first day they do that.  My business.  Acting YOUNG keeps you young, as any aging expert will tell you.

LAY OFF PHIL - and equal time for MEN WITH CHILDREN FOR SPOUSES (i.e. 60+ man and women in 20s/30s) - let's examine why THEY'RE usually together - (hint:  has to do with PLASTIC usually, NOT youthfulness-looking, or personality - usually far more mercantile than that)!!!!!

Rock on Audrey - you look fabulous for your age! 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last