Message Boards

Topic : 01/27 Money Disasters

Number of Replies: 281
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 20, 2006, 03:14:14 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Dr. Phil's guests are drowning in debt. It's tearing one marriage apart and causing a single mom to think about filing for bankruptcy. First, Deborah says she was raised with wealth and privilege, and she didn't expect to be flat broke and living in a trailer when she married Chris. Chris works 12 hours a day, but they can't even pay their monthly bills. Is Chris not demanding enough from himself, or is Deborah too demanding? Also, find out the secret Deborah's been keeping from her family back in England. Then, Kristine is a school teacher and single mom who  treats her friends to dinner and goes on expensive vacations even though she is over her head in debt -- to the tune of $137,000! Her sister, Stefanie, says she's tired of bailing Kristine out when she can't pay the bills, and thinks it's time for  an intervention. Plus, a financial expert shares her advice for avoiding bankruptcy. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 27, 2006, 9:07 am CST

Free budget kit

I,ve tried several times to get the free kit but I can't connect. Help please.

January 27, 2006, 9:07 am CST

Chris

Chris should divorce his wife, sounds like she married him thinking he would be able to support her in the life style she was accustomed to. NOT! My youngest son also married a girl who was accustomed to buying what she wanted, through out their marriage her mother has brought them "things" in order for them to live a "wealthy" lifestyle. Now they have separated, I watched my son "manhood" die a slow death. Chris needs someone who is willing to work together with him in the real world. 

This web page and all of its functions loads slooowly! 

January 27, 2006, 9:09 am CST

budget kit

Where is the link for the free kit? 

January 27, 2006, 9:22 am CST

FREE CD

Imagin that, 

I too want the cd program and have beentrying to get to where i am know for over hour. 

I need help & have asked for it but no reply from support. 

SO I  GUESS I WAIT WITH ALL OF YOU AND SAY HELLO TO ALL OF YOU 

January 27, 2006, 9:22 am CST

Ordering CD

Go to the drphil.com homepage.  Click Money Disasters, under days of week.  On the side of the page, find Related Sources.  Click where it says "Clcik here". That will take you to http://www.freebudgetkit.com/. Click where it says "Order now", that takes you to the Shopping Cart.  I'm told some of the pages load slowly, and this has been reported to the team.  Thank you.

January 27, 2006, 9:28 am CST

budget kit

YIKES!  have dial up and most of the links on the Dr. Phil website do not  work for me.  Where is the link for the free budget kit?  I need help! 

January 27, 2006, 9:33 am CST

Free Kit

I have been trying to apply for the free kit but can't find out how

January 27, 2006, 9:35 am CST

Free CD

I to have been trying to get the free cd and have tried for a few hours and still can not get the site to work. Any info would be appreciated.   

January 27, 2006, 9:51 am CST

Free Budget Planner

Quote From: ja0915

I to have been trying to get the free cd and have tried for a few hours and still can not get the site to work. Any info would be appreciated.   
I couldn't get it to go through either, then when it did go through it went to Veracart's site selling their service to businesses. Hellooo???? Desperate people here. However, it doesn't seem to be a problem with the Dr. Phil site, this site takes you to Openshaw's site to order, when you hit ORDER NOW is when you get the problem. Hope they clear it up soon. We aren't drowning in debt but treading water. We can't seem to get ahead, and God forbid something bad would happen, we have no real savings to get us by.

January 27, 2006, 9:59 am CST

No kidding!!!

Quote From: nadine013

First part of the show with the rich woman and poor man - get divorced.  She will never be truly satisfied or happy with the kind of salaries he's going for.  Get divorced now before bringing a child into the mix. Did you see the way she had her back to her husband the whole time they were on stage?  Also - as she is married to an American doesn't that make her a citizen?  Why is it so hard or illegal for her to work - millions of migrant workers do it every single day - wish they'd talked more about that. 

Second part with credit card-o-holic - get serious!  I do not understand why people feel they are priviledged or deserve lifestyles they cannot afford.  I think it is cruel the way credt companies keep extending credit to people who cannot afford themsleves.  Companies know the incomes of these customers, so why extend outrageous credit limits? Sure they're making $$ one way or the other - bottom line is the rest of us are the ones really paying. Congress should mandate a cap on credit based on reported income - that would help "police" so many of the irresponsible spenders. 

First time writer - just my humble opinion... 

Yesterday we received a credit app. with a "FREE" Laptop computer. All you had to do was transfer a $5,000.00 balance and maintain a $3,000.00 balance for 18 months!!! Free...my butt!! Yet they will get many who will take that offer. Sometimes...A LOT of times people are stupid. LOL!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last