Message Boards

Topic : 06/14 Competition Freaks

Number of Replies: 132
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 27, 2006, 02:42:18 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 02/03/06) We've all heard the old saying, "Winning isn't everything," but for some people, it's the only thing! Dr. Phil's guests are competition freaks who must be first, be the best and win at everything. Jennifer and Judy are twins who have been competing with each other since they were born. As they battle to be the prettiest, the thinnest and the best looking, they constantly sabotage each other. After 46 years, can they learn to end this vicious cycle of one-upmanship? Then, 18-year-old Alice says her mother, Alicia, hates to lose, and turns everything into a competition -- from playing board games to dating!  The competitiveness has gotten so bad that it's put a strain on their relationship. Will Alicia learn that she can enjoy life without always competing? Plus, meet a father who is teaching his kids that there is "no place but first place," and his wife who fears their kids are learning to be sore losers. If you have family members or friends who are obsessed with competition, you won't want to miss this show. Is someone you know obsessed with winning?

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

June 18, 2006, 8:26 pm CDT

Competition Freaks

I watched this episode and I can relate to this topic because I am in a relationship with someone that competes with everyone including myself. While in school she competed against me for the best grades and now that we've graduated she competes with me with material possessions. She's hard to please and I don't know what I should do......I love her but I hate her competitive nature. What should I do?

July 16, 2006, 10:42 am CDT

That's so Linus!

The cometative son in the family is just like my little brother of sixteen, Linus. He's such a sore looser, and he's a dreadfull winner in addition to that. He'll blow up, whenever one of his friends beat him in a video game he'll cry, yell and leave the room, even when he looses to the computer. When we were little we'd play chess, and whenever I was close to winning I'd tell him so that he could think carefully of his next move and improve his situation, but instead of doing that he'd just kick up a fuss and start kicking and screaming about how he didn't want to play anymore and how miserably bad he was at everything. So, I'd just let him win, and when he did he'd get up and shake his behind at me going "haha, I won, you lost, haha, I rule, you suck" etc. I'd sigh and wish I would have wupped his smug little a**. 

When he played risk with our brother, a friend of their's and my fiancé he totally kicked my fiancé's butt, he ruled the game for quite a while, defeted his friend and kept my fiancé on the carpet through out the game. But when our brother Rasmus started to catch up, and my fiancé pointed this out to him, tears came to his eyes and it wasen't long untill he wanted to quit the game and went crying into his room - because his brother wasn't loosing quite as rapidly as the other two players

Sore loosers is a drag, but I love my brother, and he's gotten a lot better at both loosing and winning. 

First | Prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next Page | Last Page