Message Boards

Topic : 06/14 Competition Freaks

Number of Replies: 132
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 27, 2006, 02:42:18 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 02/03/06) We've all heard the old saying, "Winning isn't everything," but for some people, it's the only thing! Dr. Phil's guests are competition freaks who must be first, be the best and win at everything. Jennifer and Judy are twins who have been competing with each other since they were born. As they battle to be the prettiest, the thinnest and the best looking, they constantly sabotage each other. After 46 years, can they learn to end this vicious cycle of one-upmanship? Then, 18-year-old Alice says her mother, Alicia, hates to lose, and turns everything into a competition -- from playing board games to dating!  The competitiveness has gotten so bad that it's put a strain on their relationship. Will Alicia learn that she can enjoy life without always competing? Plus, meet a father who is teaching his kids that there is "no place but first place," and his wife who fears their kids are learning to be sore losers. If you have family members or friends who are obsessed with competition, you won't want to miss this show. Is someone you know obsessed with winning?

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 3, 2006, 12:04 pm CST

GUY IN THE DINNER ADVISING THE TWINS

Get over yourselves - send these babes out to Afganistan for a month and then have them on.  A dose of contribution and making someone else the center of the world would be so refreshing.  Do these two women know how unattractive they are with their obsessively egocentric behavior?  Go join the Peace corp or donate some organs or something - anything!  Except talking about yourselves.  It's tooooo boring - JR 

February 3, 2006, 12:30 pm CST

02/03 Competition Freaks

I can't believe the twins on todays show!!!!!!!!  I felt like reaching through the tv and banging their heads together.  I lost my identical twin sister 11 months ago, at the young age of 45, these 2 should treasure every moment they have together.  High school is over, get with the program.

February 3, 2006, 12:53 pm CST

I guess some people wont know what they had until they loss it! People teaching their children that competition is a good thing...My mom never raised me to be like that and i thank god. The twins weren't funny or pretty up there, they were winny and annoying. Sounding as though they were 13 years old and fighting for Dr. Phil's attenchion, give me a break!

February 3, 2006, 1:18 pm CST

Im glad Im not competitive

I didn't watch the whole episode. I just watched a little of the sisters. How could you go your whole life being so competitive? I don't get it. I would get too frustrated. But thats just me! 

February 3, 2006, 1:33 pm CST

The Twirpy Twins

I feel bad for the two sisters who can not even calm down a few minutes to let Dr. Phil talk to them.  I wish they would spend less time talking, and more time listening!  They are BOTH BEAUTIFUL in their own ways...as individuals.  I think it is very sad to have to make someone feel bad just to make yourself feel better.  I truly hope they took some of Dr. Phil's advice to heart...especially the one with the "smaller shadow."

February 3, 2006, 1:42 pm CST

02/03 Competition Freaks

Quote From: twinfreak

Donna, You are right. God sees my heart. After the show my heart ached. I told the producers the truth hurts, I've been hurting my twin for 46 years.  I thought our segment was going to be light and fun. I never thought our competing was a big issueI haven't seen the show either but keep in mind it's Hollywood the ENTERTAINMENT capitol of the world.
Yes Hollywood is the entertainment capitol of the world.  But doesn't Dr phil tell you to keep it real?What I saw looked pretty real to me.  I hope you cherish the life you have with your sister now.  It would be a shame to waste another 46 years.

February 3, 2006, 1:47 pm CST

Competition

As I watched the show today about the twins who were competing with each other, all I could think about is how much I love and appreciate my sister. My sister had breast cancer 4 years ago and although she is cured, I treasure my time with her and love her deeply. I realized just how sacred our relationship is when she was diagnosed with cancer. Our lives changed in that instant and we all realized life is too short. There is a big difference in my sister and I. Instead of competing with each other and trying to one up each other, we truly appreciate those differences and that is what makes us who we are. These twins are selfish in my opinion and it would be so sad if something tragic had to happen to make them realize there is more to life than the artificial things they are competing for.  

February 3, 2006, 2:19 pm CST

Dr Phil was right

The twins were playing up to the audience. I was so disgusted with their behavior. How can anyone put down their twin sister like that on national television? I hope they get help because no one needs to grow through life treating their sister (or brother) that way. I hope they get counseling soon.

February 3, 2006, 2:23 pm CST

02/03 Competition Freaks

I can not beleive what I just watched.  I have a  twin sister and it makes me so sad to see the way those two twins are behaving!  As a twin you are supposed to help, support and protect each other.  Not tear each other apart and make each other insecure.  When I was 5 years old one of our friends pulled me aside and told me that I was the cuter and skinnier twin and it made me want to cry.  I didn't like this little girl better.  I disliked her very much for saying something negative about my sister.  I think my sister is the cuter, the trendier, the prettier of the two of us.  But I am happy that she is.  I just  think that these two sisters have missed out on such a special and unique relationship.  It makes me so sad to think what a precious gift they have wasted their whole life.

February 3, 2006, 2:27 pm CST

What A Loving Dad!

Today's show was very good, and I really enjoyed the last segment with The Dad.  I  heard his regret that he didn't have a college degree and want to tell him that he should be very proud of himself regardless!  If his co-workers have degrees, that's fine.  He surely excels better in other areas, and his winning smile and personality are much better assets than many people hope to have in one lifetime.  It was so evident, too, that he, his wife and kids share lots of love and respect for each other.  That, my friend, is quite an accomplishment these days, so be proud of who YOU are! 

I used to work for Atlantic Records, and I think you look a lot like Tracy Lawrence, and you're more handsome than George Clooney!      

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last