Message Boards

Topic : 06/14 Competition Freaks

Number of Replies: 132
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 27, 2006, 02:42:18 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 02/03/06) We've all heard the old saying, "Winning isn't everything," but for some people, it's the only thing! Dr. Phil's guests are competition freaks who must be first, be the best and win at everything. Jennifer and Judy are twins who have been competing with each other since they were born. As they battle to be the prettiest, the thinnest and the best looking, they constantly sabotage each other. After 46 years, can they learn to end this vicious cycle of one-upmanship? Then, 18-year-old Alice says her mother, Alicia, hates to lose, and turns everything into a competition -- from playing board games to dating!  The competitiveness has gotten so bad that it's put a strain on their relationship. Will Alicia learn that she can enjoy life without always competing? Plus, meet a father who is teaching his kids that there is "no place but first place," and his wife who fears their kids are learning to be sore losers. If you have family members or friends who are obsessed with competition, you won't want to miss this show. Is someone you know obsessed with winning?

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 30, 2006, 10:48 am CST

I was at a Festivle,this last Summer, Merrifest

Dr Phil. please read letter thru regular mail...  Orrville.  is ok. 

Two groups of basketball players, I was helping coaching one team. 

A man got 12 stitches, between his index and middle finger.  Ouch.. I put ice on his back, then ice under his arm pit for 3 minutes to stop the pain.  put plastic on it, put pressure on it and raise above his head.  

The other team wanted to win so bad.  They had team-mates on my team from the other team, to mess up on purpose, so that the other team would win. 

The Score keeper was relatives with the other team too.  He did not keep score right, I had to keep on reminded them, and he would not keep the time right either.  A man wore the same clothes of another team mate, and substituted, without letting anyone know, I caught it and Let my team know. 

The reason for substitution, is the other team -mate was getting tired. 

I said to win it for the man  that got hurt,  My team won and got 10 Trophies.  

I was so happy and Glad.. 

January 31, 2006, 2:09 am CST

Relatives of big wigs, Downtown too..The other team.

Quote From: johnk3493

Dr Phil. please read letter thru regular mail...  Orrville.  is ok. 

Two groups of basketball players, I was helping coaching one team. 

A man got 12 stitches, between his index and middle finger.  Ouch.. I put ice on his back, then ice under his arm pit for 3 minutes to stop the pain.  put plastic on it, put pressure on it and raise above his head.  

The other team wanted to win so bad.  They had team-mates on my team from the other team, to mess up on purpose, so that the other team would win. 

The Score keeper was relatives with the other team too.  He did not keep score right, I had to keep on reminded them, and he would not keep the time right either.  A man wore the same clothes of another team mate, and substituted, without letting anyone know, I caught it and Let my team know. 

The reason for substitution, is the other team -mate was getting tired. 

I said to win it for the man  that got hurt,  My team won and got 10 Trophies.  

I was so happy and Glad.. 

I had  alot of people pissed off at me too. for a long time... 

I am so glad and Happy; My team won...  

TC  John 

February 2, 2006, 11:51 am CST

copetition freaks???!!!

why hasn't my last message been posted?

February 2, 2006, 11:25 pm CST

02/03 Competition Freaks

competition can be a good thing and can a make person work hard at something and those with good sportmanship and positive attitudes are the real winners.Those who cheat, are jeolous, thinks winning is the only way, and with bad ugly attitudes are losers, I don't care how many trophies and awards and praise they get, it is no fun and not glorifying to watch a bunch of losers win at anything. Sad that people think they have to compete over who is the prettiest and all, sounds like a waste of time and energy to me, why not focus on positive things like helping others, being kind and positive, having fun with friends and families, life is so much better when actually enjoyed and appreciated.

February 3, 2006, 1:37 am CST

The read and have to approve them..

Quote From: babyfreak

why hasn't my last message been posted?
tc  John

February 3, 2006, 7:01 am CST

Competition Freaks

I haven't even seen the show yet, just the commercial clips, but seeing them made me want to join Dr. Phil's message boards so I could send this message:  girl, WE all see this outside facade, but GOD sees your heart.  You may think you're very pretty, but your mouth is making you very unattractive to everyone around you,  and maybe even to Him.  Soften just a bit and give your sister a much-needed break. 

Donna 

February 3, 2006, 8:11 am CST

Focus on the fun..

We like things to go right in the end.  We are programed to reach for success and to be ashamed of failures...We are programed that way as adults.  The newer and younger teachers and coaches  are starting to ease up on the kids in school about winning but it will take another generation to endorse this concept if it ever can be endorsed..History repeats itself ...anyway..  If winning is the goal then one might have to lie cheat and steal to get there.  Where 's the fun in that?   Winning fairly is a lot more fun than winning by any other reason especially if one is going to die trying or expose their loved ones to so much anxiety that they get cancer and die before the Olympics ..Is our failing  health really worth the  winnings?...So .. the goal should NOT  be to win ..it should always be to have fun and to learn while having fun..even as adults we need to relax and enjoy our leisure time a little more....end of the story.

February 3, 2006, 8:45 am CST

What? He's Just Like Me

The last couple that interviewed on todays show allowed me to see myself thru him, and the gentleman was exactly the way that I am, I ve even noticed that my sons tend to emulate me when it comes to family games and there attitude towards losing even my wife refuses to join in on activities because of my competitave nature. Thanks this show was an eye opener for me now to try and reverse the mess I made... oohhh I just happened to be home early today from work and caught your show. hummm...

February 3, 2006, 10:38 am CST

Dr Phil Show.

Doctor Phil. I want to let you know that I love to bowl.  Also I like to watch football aswell. Now there is a real competition freaks if you ever 

did see. See you at 03:00 P.M. To 04:00 P.M. Well I had better close now. Sincerley Your.------- 

Russell Vlaanderen.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

February 3, 2006, 11:29 am CST

The truth hurts

Quote From: ddmcmahon

I haven't even seen the show yet, just the commercial clips, but seeing them made me want to join Dr. Phil's message boards so I could send this message:  girl, WE all see this outside facade, but GOD sees your heart.  You may think you're very pretty, but your mouth is making you very unattractive to everyone around you,  and maybe even to Him.  Soften just a bit and give your sister a much-needed break. 

Donna 

Donna, You are right. God sees my heart. After the show my heart ached. I told the producers the truth hurts, I've been hurting my twin for 46 years.  I thought our segment was going to be light and fun. I never thought our competing was a big issueI haven't seen the show either but keep in mind it's Hollywood the ENTERTAINMENT capitol of the world.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last