Message Boards

Topic : 06/08 Deadly Eating

Number of Replies: 773
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 03, 2006, 04:19:06 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date 02/08/06) We all love food, but some of us love it too much!  According to research, nine million Americans are morbidly obese. So when does the simple routine of eating turn deadly? Jazmyn weighs over 200 pounds -- and she’s only 11 years old. Her grandmother, Joan, complains that the little girl's own mother, Vicki, is responsible. Joan says Jazmyn eats fast food, junk food  and "manly-sized" portions. Can Jazmyn's young life be turned around? Then, 34-year-old Paul says his food addiction has taken over his life. At nearly 1,000 pounds, he is too big to bathe himself, dress himself, or use the bathroom without assistance. His mother, Loretta, is terrified he will die if drastic measures aren’t taken. Has she been enabling his eating habits?  Share your thoughts.

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 15, 2008, 4:31 pm CDT

Wondering

Hi Paul, I do remember seeing you on the Dr Phils show but I didn't think it was that long ago 2 yrs wow how time goes by in life......Just wondering how things are going for you??????? Hope to hear a update from you soon.......Be proud of yourself!!!!!! 

May 22, 2008, 2:35 pm CDT

Paul

Quote From: lindakb07

Hi, Paul:

I have been wondering how you are doing?  I'm overweight too, and it is

very hard to lose it.   One lady asked how we could be overweight, it is an

addiction. I need to lose the weight and I have started 2.  Maybe I need to go

on the Dr. phil show. 

Well I see no one knows what is the update with Paul, I guess to much time has passed its been over 2 years, Hope everyone trying to lose weight is doing great, its not a easy task in life, so easy going on but very hard to get off....Good Luck everyone.....:)

July 29, 2008, 3:24 am CDT

Desparate to help my dear friend Quit Smoking!

Quote From: edielara

As an ex-smoker (eight years) I can tell you it is an addiction and when you smell a cigarette even though you know it is disgusting, the old temptation is there.  Stay away from people and places were you are likely to encounter smoking, this is possible. 

Eating disorders are far worse, I have food addictions as well, if you have one addiction, you should be able to empathize with the others, they are all basically the same, we crave the substance whatever it is and feel physically and/or emotionally ill without it.  Food cannot be avoided like smoking.  That's the difference. 

Throw away the cigarettes and picture your lungs getting cleaning instead of the black mess they are now.  I still picture that myself when tempted to smoke.  Smoking makes your clothes and house stink, your hair stinks.  I'm not insulting you, I'm giving you things to tell yourself.  Good Luck, you're worth giving your lungs a break. 

Now if I could just quit all the extra eating. 

Hi-

I am brand new to this message board.  I'd like my friend Sandy to meet Dr.  Phil.  She admires him a lot, and she may listen to him about giving up what I call "The enemy" (cigarettes).  What better reason for my friend to meet Dr. Phil than with the goal to help her quit?

Does anyone know when this topic will next be on the show?  I am feircely determinded to get her there!  I love Sandy so much, and cannot imagine my life without her, and the more I see her smoke, the greater I  am horrified my life will be without her.  She saved me, now it's my turn.

More about me and this issue later...Please respond ASAP!!!!!!!!!  Thank you so much!

First | Prev | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | Next Page | Last Page