Message Boards

Topic : Borderline Personality Disorder

Number of Replies: 946
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Saturday, February 04, 2006, 07:59:09 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
If you or a loved one suffers from Borderline Personality Disorder, find encouragement and support, share advice, and connect with others dealing with this illness.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 18, 2006, 5:26 pm CST

Hold on!

Quote From: lostgirl

My case worker is going to get me started on the DBT classes in 30 days,  for BPD I need it for sure but there is on problem I have I contacted Dr Phil by phone. I need his help and pretty desperate was crying.  My terrors are getting worse and other more serious things are going on while I'm sleeping.  I'm been traumatized so much through out my life and there must still be anger inside of me and there are times my rage comes out.  I'm scared of having another relationship woth another person because of what this person has done to me while I'm  sleeping.  He keeps on telling me in the past that I had my eyes open and and was talking in my sleep like I would be if I was awake.  My case worker told me I need to go to a sleeping clinic, I don't have the money for it and somebody else told me I might have multiple personlity disorder.  I need help so bad the only way I can get Dr Phils help is to see him in person. This is a severe case that I feel that Dr Phil is the only that can help me.
I hope you get the support you're searching for. I'm sorry you're struggling so much.  There is help out there if you look hard enough. It may take a while to find something you can afford or something that will work for your schedule, but if you want help bad enough you will eventually find it.  It's worth the search. Just in case Dr. Phil is unavailable at this time, please keep seeking support from other sources. He is a very busy man, although I'm sure he would be very concerned about you and want to help. He may get ahold of you and offer some great assistance... I wish you the best with this.  I'm sorry you're having such an incredibly difficult experience.  Just hold on, things are bound to get better.  Keep trying to find whatever help you can get so things don't spiral downward.  Good luck to you!

February 18, 2006, 6:45 pm CST

Borderline Personality Disorder

Quote From: outoffear

I was wondering where everyone had gone.  I'm sorry you're feeling so bad, I truly hope things start looking up for you, physically and mentally. 

"Does anyone ever feel that way?"  YES!!!!!!!  Absolutely.  I'm sure that's why we're on all this board.  One thing you can count on is that the majority of us can probably relate to you in most ways. Unfortunately the wanting to die has been a part of my past, more than two decades in fact, and occasionally a part of my present.  My blinds have been shut for a good year now, and they were only open off and on for the two years prior to that. I've shut everyone out as well. I feel that I could have signed my name to your email, it pretty much explained my every day. 

HOWEVER, I know you're not a loser. I know absolutely nothing about you but the fact that you're a fellow sufferer and have children and a husband... and you're NOT a loser! The fact that you're on this board, reaching out and trying to help soothe some of your own pain, and sharing insight with others when you can, screams "NON-loser." So, know that there are other people out here, feeling your very feelings and relating in a way that no one else in your life can. You're worth a lot. I can't give you specifics because I don't know you, but all of God's children are worth an immense amount. On your good days, share with others your knowledge of what helps and what doesn't... on your bad days, ask others to share with you.  We will all help each other and hopefully get past some of our really bad times. 

Things will get better. They have before, right? That means they can again. You're doing a great job in getting back on the board and seeking support... just keep your chin up! 

Thanks for the encouraging words. When i am depressed part  of the illness i feel like a loser . Thanks for saying i am not. Right now i cant say i am not. But on one of my good days  i dont feel that way.  

I believe that God really cares and like David said that he has a wine bottle with all our tears in them. Right now I am sad and I cant get out of it. I feel God cares and when i am in those dark places that he is the only rock to hold on too. If i didnt feel that way then i would of been gone along time ago.  

I go see my therapist this week maybe she can shead some light on it. Anyway. i appreciate the time you spent writing to me and thinking of me. Right now things dont look good but i hope like you said that things get better. Have a good nite.  

Blaze  

February 18, 2006, 8:34 pm CST

too much

I couldn't have said it better myself!  Great positive outlook, keep up the good work!
Too much pressure too hard stay medicated sleep

February 19, 2006, 9:22 am CST

new here

Quote From: blazes06

Good morning everyone  

its been a bit since i wrote anything. been under the weather real bad. And was not up to anything. Still not but will atleast tell everyone hi. I feel so empty inside right not and so much pain and hate. its unbelieveable i feel like i want to die. Does anyone ever feel that way?  It doesnt matter what i do i dont get any joy out of it and i have closed the blinds and dont care if i talk to anyone right now. anyway just has to vent some. I feel alone even though my boys and husband are here in the same house as me. What a loser i am. Thats how i feel right now.  I am writing everything back wards.better go.  

Hi, I am new here and I just wanted to respond to your quote.  My name is Ivy and I have BiPolar 1, schiozoaffective, and BPD.  I know exactly how you feel.  It's like sometimes you feel like you are stuck in a tiny little box and you have no where to move and even if you scream your loudest no on can here because the pain and frustration and hatred are just so deep.  Do not feel alone.  I feel like this everyday.  Just like I am trapped inside my own mind.  I have my husband here and two daughters and no matter who tries to help it doesn't matter it's just a screwed up situation that I'm gonna have to deal with for the rest of my life.  What kind of meds are you on.  I am on Trileptal, Abilify, Wellbutrin, and Serequel.  I am out of it half the time but I don't really mind cause at least I sleep the majority of the day and I get alittle escape.  Please reply, I am looking forward to meeting someone who knows exactly how I feel.  By the way I am 26 years old and my two daughters are 8 and 6 months, my husband is 41.  I look forward to hearing from you. 

Ivy 

February 19, 2006, 9:19 pm CST

iguess there are real people out ther

Welcome! I am sorry for your frustration, that must really be hard on you. Keep the hope, that's what matters most! 

Thank you . But I just dont get this title thing they talk about in therapy. I thouht i was ok until 3yrs ago and I stopped drinking and self medacating my self and then ended up in the hopt. and they diagnosted me with thre different disordeds and my husband couldnt see what was wrong and didnt want to stay around to even help me so i guess iam finally realizing thre is more to this then anyone wants to know about or even care to help. My family just think iam just crazy and im not just sick of being sick

February 19, 2006, 10:02 pm CST

still confuzed

The one thing that keeps being drilled into my head, over and over, and unfortunately I still haven't completely grasped the concept of, is the fact that people with BPD aren't the best communicators. We make a lot of assumptions and they're mostly inaccurate. The key to that is to ask clarifying questions so we can understand better what message is being conveyed.  So, NO... you don't sound rude or dumb... you should feel proud of yourself for asking for clarification! 

The BPD Indicator questionnaire is meant to help family and friends see if they can relate in anyway to the things being asked. It's a simple way to find out if their loved one is suffering with BPD.  I have a lot of good information on symptoms of BPD, if you're interested in that also. 

Are you still confused and upset about your diagnoses? I felt the same way a couple of years ago when I was diagnosed, and I even became angry. That all dissipated when I began researching on the internet and with books from the library. Knowledge is power and unless and until (Dr. Phil) we begin understanding for ourselves the why's and how's of this disorder, we will most likely remain upset and confused. I've been fortunate enough to also see a therapist each week for 2 1/2 years, which helps incredibly. However, if that isn't an option for you, there is still a lot of peace to be found by researching it all on your own.  Good luck to you! 

I am really new to this site but not to this diagnoses but still very angry that people just dont get that we are struggling and many of us just need people like our selfes to stay together and at least have someone else out there that at least is trying to cope with the up and downs of this

February 20, 2006, 2:51 am CST

Borderline Personality Disorder

Quote From: ivyb25

Hi, I am new here and I just wanted to respond to your quote.  My name is Ivy and I have BiPolar 1, schiozoaffective, and BPD.  I know exactly how you feel.  It's like sometimes you feel like you are stuck in a tiny little box and you have no where to move and even if you scream your loudest no on can here because the pain and frustration and hatred are just so deep.  Do not feel alone.  I feel like this everyday.  Just like I am trapped inside my own mind.  I have my husband here and two daughters and no matter who tries to help it doesn't matter it's just a screwed up situation that I'm gonna have to deal with for the rest of my life.  What kind of meds are you on.  I am on Trileptal, Abilify, Wellbutrin, and Serequel.  I am out of it half the time but I don't really mind cause at least I sleep the majority of the day and I get alittle escape.  Please reply, I am looking forward to meeting someone who knows exactly how I feel.  By the way I am 26 years old and my two daughters are 8 and 6 months, my husband is 41.  I look forward to hearing from you. 

Ivy 

Welcome to the board  

its nie having your here. I am on Lamictal and Geodon and Klonopin. I  have been crying alot so i think my anti depressant isnt working. I cut yesterday which made me feel aweful but then i started to cry. like it released all my emotions. weird. i want to  scream and feel like i am in a black hole with no grips to hold on too. But coming to this board helps. and everyone is so nice. i have two sons that are 12 and my husband is 42 and i am 39. I was diagonsed with bi polar 8 years ago and major depression recurrant along in may 2005 ended up in the hospital and they diagnosed me with BPD. i was so angry for along time another thing to deal with. and the bad thing is my adoptive parents have disowned me due to all of this. they think its all in my head. We all have to deal with these illnesses in our own way. but these boards help to vent and get others imput on matters. Does your husband understand??? you must have it rough sleeping all the timie with the baby. i know i did that with the twins. I was drugged up so much i couldnt do much. Keep trying and glad you came to the board.  

blaze  

February 20, 2006, 8:33 am CST

Black belt additude

Quote From: odd1out

Too much pressure too hard stay medicated sleep
Was able to climb out of my head. Sorry about the negativity. I'm feeling good job or no job. Looking forward to Martial Art's seminar coming up. Board breaking!! We can only brake the board's with our feet. You have to be a black belt  before they let ya break them with your head!! Hope everyone is doing well today!!! Welcome to the new message boarders(new word, just made it up)  Rock on everybody.

February 20, 2006, 9:33 am CST

Ironic, isn't it??

Quote From: mom_crazy4

I am really new to this site but not to this diagnoses but still very angry that people just dont get that we are struggling and many of us just need people like our selfes to stay together and at least have someone else out there that at least is trying to cope with the up and downs of this
It's funny to me that the majority of mental healthcare professionals, not to mention the general public, seem to invalidate our feelings.  If they would step back and realize that we are this way for that VERY reason...(I assume most of us felt invalidated as children) maybe they wouldn't be so quick to disregard our very real feelings.  We all need at least one person who will start studying the disorder along with us, to educate themselves so they can really understand what we're feeling.  I am fortunate to have a good therapist and husband who are trying their best to understand, but I have found that it's very difficult to get regular people who aren't quite as invested in us to truly "get" what we are experiencing, which leads me to the feeling that it's too hard to explain and I'm not even going to try. That's so frustrating!  So, yes, it's a great thing to have this board so we can feel like others can relate in some way. Everyone just needs to keep sharing and supporting and all of us will hopefully benefit.

February 20, 2006, 11:37 am CST

replying to blaze

Quote From: blazes06

Welcome to the board  

its nie having your here. I am on Lamictal and Geodon and Klonopin. I  have been crying alot so i think my anti depressant isnt working. I cut yesterday which made me feel aweful but then i started to cry. like it released all my emotions. weird. i want to  scream and feel like i am in a black hole with no grips to hold on too. But coming to this board helps. and everyone is so nice. i have two sons that are 12 and my husband is 42 and i am 39. I was diagonsed with bi polar 8 years ago and major depression recurrant along in may 2005 ended up in the hospital and they diagnosed me with BPD. i was so angry for along time another thing to deal with. and the bad thing is my adoptive parents have disowned me due to all of this. they think its all in my head. We all have to deal with these illnesses in our own way. but these boards help to vent and get others imput on matters. Does your husband understand??? you must have it rough sleeping all the timie with the baby. i know i did that with the twins. I was drugged up so much i couldnt do much. Keep trying and glad you came to the board.  

blaze  

How long have you been cutting?  I used to cut when I was younger so I completely understand the release it provides.  I was diagnosed as BiPolar when I was fifteen but my parents did not want to put me on meds.  So I was all out of control until I got myself help Two years ago and that's when they diagnosed me as schizoaffective and BPD.  I can't believe that people have turned you away due to this horrible mental illness, that must hurt so deeply.  I'm sorry for that.  I'm sure you also have a lot of anger.  My husband tries to understand as best as possible but you know how hard it for those who aren't in our minds to understand.  It's crazy because most of the time I don't say anything because of this.  But it starts something inside of me, like a whirlwind of emotions that I can't control and most of the time I think of suicide.  The only thing that keeps me alive now is my children.  Is your husband understanding? 

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last