Message Boards

Topic : Borderline Personality Disorder

Number of Replies: 946
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Saturday, February 04, 2006, 07:59:09 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
If you or a loved one suffers from Borderline Personality Disorder, find encouragement and support, share advice, and connect with others dealing with this illness.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 5, 2006, 9:53 pm CST

Dr Phil is the best!!

Dr Phil you are wonderful person  very compassionate and caring person I see that you care a lot for others and want to help them put their life back on track. I got me a new DVR I tape your show every day  so if I miss a day I can go back and watch it :)) 

lostgirl 

February 5, 2006, 9:58 pm CST

Borderline Personality Disorder

Quote From: labelfree

Will you please tell me what is DBT?     Something Behavior Therapy?  Thank You...

DBT is a group you go to and helps you with your BPD illness and teaches you new coping skills  

here is a link to understand DBT groups-An Overview of Dialectical Behaviour Therapy in the Treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder 

http://www.priory.com/dbt.htm 

February 5, 2006, 10:05 pm CST

Quote From: labelfree

Will you please tell me what is DBT?     Something Behavior Therapy?  Thank You...

http://www.borderlinepersonality.ca/dbttreatBPD.htm 

http://www.agpa.org/pubs/GC_0402_skinner.html 

http://www.behavioraltech.com/ 

http://www.brtc.psych.washington.edu/articles.html 

http://www.palace.net/llama/psych/dbt.html 

http://apt.rcpsych.org/cgi/content/full/8/1/10 

February 6, 2006, 7:55 am CST

Quote From: lostgirl

I was raging when I found out and more because it came from the past and the abuse I went through. I hate my father because he sexual abuse me when I was 3 years old and my sister too,   when she was 9. I was raped 3 times when I was 14 and several times as and adult.   This illness sucks! 

Some times i feel like Jerry. Always under the glass being looked at. The anger and rage that i have from this disorder is unbelievable. I get irritated very easy. and i too was abused as a child but nothing like what you went thru. I am sorry you had to go thru that.  

i cant express my self in words so i purge and Cut at times. Not a nice thought. Has anyone come up with a better way of coping then using these techniques????  

Hang in there lost girl. I am glad you found the board.  

February 6, 2006, 10:14 am CST

Mother with BPD

My mother has BPD.  3 years ago my brother walked out of her life and recently I had to do the same to protect myself.  I have 2 young daughters that are being effected by mothers behavior.  4 weeks ago I had to tell my mother that enough was enough and that we could no longer be a part of her life.  I asked her to stay away from my daughters - which was the hardest thing I had to do- as I was too afraid she would hurt them to hurt me. I just recived valentine cards in the mail from my mother for my daughters.  I am struggling with given them the cards or not as I asked her to stay out of my life.  Does anyone have any advise on how to deal with a parent with BPD?

February 6, 2006, 10:25 am CST

Ahhh

Quote From: jkgc59

My mother has BPD.  3 years ago my brother walked out of her life and recently I had to do the same to protect myself.  I have 2 young daughters that are being effected by mothers behavior.  4 weeks ago I had to tell my mother that enough was enough and that we could no longer be a part of her life.  I asked her to stay away from my daughters - which was the hardest thing I had to do- as I was too afraid she would hurt them to hurt me. I just recived valentine cards in the mail from my mother for my daughters.  I am struggling with given them the cards or not as I asked her to stay out of my life.  Does anyone have any advise on how to deal with a parent with BPD?

You only have one mother.....Was she an abused individual?  Is that how her borerline was formed?  Are you continuining the abuse by leaving her and taking her grandchildren?  What could she have done to you and your brother?  Are you aware and your brother THIS IS A MENTAL ILLNESS LIKE CANCER OR DIABETIES?  WOULD YOU BOTH TURN YOUR BACK ON HER IF SHE HAD THAT? 

OH MY GOD  I dont know if this is a good board for me GOD HELP ME and give me strength! 

MY ADVISE is take those children and run over to your Momma's house and apologize and start over and SEEK TREATMENT TOGETHER AS A WHOLE FAMILY UNIT AND LOVE YOUR MOTHER! 

February 6, 2006, 3:34 pm CST

Page 2 --This board belongs to all of us!

We will be dealing with some pretty deeply ingrained behaviors here and some potentially very volatile issues. I’ve been around these boards for a few years and I’ve seen some unnecessary things happen. People can get hurt. People fall through the cracks. We may be FACELESS for the most part, but we are NOT HEARTLESS!

There is a person and a LIFE behind each of these USERNAMES. We are FRAGILE!!! May I suggest that, generally speaking, the discussion here needs to be CONSTRUCTIVE --ESPECIALLY here in the beginning!

IF THERE IS an appropriate time for rants, and individual agendas, personally, I don’t think that time is NOW! We do a great disservice to others who will find there way here if we come out on these first few pages with less than an encouraging tone! Let’s work at keeping this NEW BOARD SAFE! PLEASE!

Blue

February 6, 2006, 4:04 pm CST

Are

Quote From: blue_white

We will be dealing with some pretty deeply ingrained behaviors here and some potentially very volatile issues. Ive been around these boards for a few years and Ive seen some unnecessary things happen. People can get hurt. People fall through the cracks. We may be FACELESS for the most part, but we are NOT HEARTLESS!

There is a person and a LIFE behind each of these USERNAMES. We are FRAGILE!!! May I suggest that, generally speaking, the discussion here needs to be CONSTRUCTIVE --ESPECIALLY here in the beginning!

IF THERE IS an appropriate time for rants, and individual agendas, personally, I dont think that time is NOW! We do a great disservice to others who will find there way here if we come out on these first few pages with less than an encouraging tone! Lets work at keeping this NEW BOARD SAFE! PLEASE!

Blue

You a moderator? 

You dont need to call me out on anything!~ 

I was speaking about my own life experience as to how I WAS treated and the group I was in!~ 

WE were a group of capassionate loving people and week after week over and over this woman spoke to us like we were mindless senseless folk. 

I doubt very much you want to go out it with me. 

I tend not to live out "DRAMA" with strangers on message boards I feel that is counter productive in my life.  It sounds you do have negative emotions and you took my post straight to your heart when it was sincerly meant as my personal exerpience and distaste for that treatment PERSONALLY! 

NEW BOARD SAFE PLEASE!~  LADY YOU have no idea who I am and or what I am about!  I am a lover of life and a giver to all....How dare you prejudge me regarding disservice and you blatent prejudgment of me...IS THIS HOW IT's going to be?  Maybe I will leave now because YOUR TONE is not encouraging to me! 

February 6, 2006, 4:25 pm CST

I’m going to apologize right off for all my typos and grammar errors. We need our 30 minute -after post- EDIT TIME back DR PHIL!

ONE BIG ONE STICKS OUT! I should have written: “We do a great disservice to others who will find THEIR (not “there”) way here if we come out on these first few pages with less than an encouraging tone!”

Maybe it was a HAPPY ACCIDENT --because I had to write it again! And you read it again too! I believe things happen for a reason!

Blue

February 6, 2006, 5:33 pm CST

OK! It should be --I am so sorry about your DBT facilitator!-- No more corrections tonight/ PASSION comes before PERFECTION in the dictionary! EVERYBODY... Good Night!/ Blue

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last