Messages By: b_sanders

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
worried
July 25, 2005, 11:59 am CDT

Congrats!

Quote From: vesteacher

I've had gastric bypass surgery and I've lost 160 pounds since my surgery. I have to wait untilI have finished graduate school but I want to have the extra skin removed from my legs, bottom, and stomach. If I am able I would like to have the extra skin removed from the upper arms and back. As an adult I have always been fat, so I am very happy to have lost this weight. It has totally changed my life. I feel like such a different person. My husband agrees. My children have never seen me this size.

I have lost 120 lbs., so I know how you are feeling. I really don't have too much excessive skin but enough that I could have a few things done. I completely lost my chest and now I look like a man. I have some saggy parts and I would love to have a tummy tuck and lipo. It is like having a new life. People treat you differently when you are thin and that makes you wonder.... "I've been the same person this whole time and now you want to be nice to me". Good job on your success.

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
sad
July 25, 2005, 12:12 pm CDT

Too much debt

My husband and I are in debt. The bad thing, it isn't thousands and thousands of dollars. He is off of work ill. I am laid off for another few weeks. We are just not making it. We are so far behind in monthly bills we can't catch up on "old" bills. We worry about the rent payment, the school clothes, and every other aspect. It is funny to see our friends with new HUGE boats and two nice cars... and... and... and.

We can hardly keep our heads above water, let alone thinking about the future.

:(

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
worried
July 25, 2005, 12:53 pm CDT

Pics?

Quote From: silverkatt

I am the very happy success story for gastric bypass and finally I can show you what it did for me. It was March 30, 2001 and I weighed 260 pounds. I was so ready to do this surgery that I would have done it with a 25% SURVIVAL chance. A year later I was 120 pounds lighter, had stopped all high blood pressure medicine and my blood work and blood pressure were incredible. I am 50 years old and married the most wonderful man on earth 3 years ago. Thirty years of obesity and trying and failing at every diet imaginable brought me to this solution.May I suggest that if you consider it that when you look for a doctor, you find out how many patients he has lost. The last time I checked my doctor who has been performing this surgery for at least 5 or 6 years has had NO DEATHS. It's like anything else in life...check out their qualifications and their successes.

I attended a seminar about a year ago with men and women in all stages of pre-op and post-op and there were a couple of guys that had lost 300 and 400 pounds! I met a wonderful woman that had lost 238. It was an incredible weekend. I volunteer my time on a website hoping to guide others that are researching this surgery through their journey.

How did you get your before and after pics on here. I tried to do that but it didn't work.

Bobbie :)

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
ecstatic
November 17, 2005, 4:35 pm CST

OK I did it!!!

Quote From: b_sanders

How did you get your before and after pics on here. I tried to do that but it didn't work.

I fianally got back here to check on ya'll. I actually accomplished the picture thing. Not that the before picture is actually a good one, lol. Thanks for all of your help. 

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
ecstatic
January 13, 2006, 3:31 pm CST

Air Date!

Hey everyone,  

I know that it has been a long time since I posted but I have some good news. We just got a phone call from the Dr. Phil producers and our show will air on Jan. 23. It is on dramatic weight loss and how it as affected our relationship. We are the second couple to be on stage with Dr. Phil. It was an amazing experience even though I'm not sure I like how the show developed, lol. I just wanted to let ya'll know so you could look out for us.  

Chat with you all soon.  

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
sad
January 25, 2006, 9:09 pm CST

I understand

Quote From: sandyb7

To the woman who lost the weight,. Congrats!  But as for the flirting, the test is this:  can you see yourself acting the same way to another worman?  If not, it isn't just 'being friendly' it's flirting. If you can't see yourself squeezing in between two people (two women, or a man and a woman) at the bar and saying a quick 'hello' and inadvertently brushing against a woman's leg.........

I never really thought of it like that. Thank you for pointing that out.  

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
January 25, 2006, 9:13 pm CST

wow!

Quote From: emerld232

This couple's anguish stems from scenes they encounter AT BARS

EXACTLY!!! I was yelling that at the TV also.  Bars, bars bars.  Why can't they play tennis or something?   I think they are very young still and a little immature also.

I just wanted to tell you that I do not drink. I think you have a big misconception of people that go to "bars". I go to a bar to play pool. We don't have pool halls where I live and that is the only place to go. Did you see me playing pool? I'm sorry that you were misinformed.  

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
January 25, 2006, 9:18 pm CST

My husband.

Quote From: judyblue22

Dr Phil, there is no certainty in life.  The 62 year old woman could find herself having to nurse her disabled 28 year old husband after an industrial accident or another disaster.  We are all fragile and there is no guarantee of the next breath.  I think there is nothing wrong with grabbing joy where you find it. 

And the woman who lost weight and her husband gained it is really totally lacking in empathy.  She can remember how she felt when she was overweight and her husband was being flirted with (and was loyal).  How can she make the man she says she loves feel that way? 

Well first let me tell you that my husband still has women that flirt with him. He still has the same charm and personality that he has always had. As for the being loyal part, I am loyal. Did anyone not hear me when the guy asked if I was married and I said... "yes I am married".  

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
January 25, 2006, 9:32 pm CST

01/23 Too Hot!

Quote From: lewislois

I, too was saddened at Bobbie's denials.. In one of her quotes, she said "if he doesn't change, we're headed for divorce."  or words to that effect.  Her husband loved her and married her when she was OBESE.  Now that she's lost the extra pounds, she wants to play single.   She knows exactly what she's doing, just does not want to admit that she would rather not be married so she can flirt, exchange emails, one night stands, etc., etc.   She also said she wished she could get a t shirt that says "don't hate me because I'm beautiful."  Who told her that she is beautiful?  Just because she has a good figure, now,  does not mean that she is beautiful.  I didn't see a beautiful woman in her, just a  childish acting woman out for cheap thrills.  Beauty is as beauty does.    Counseling will accomplish nothing is she doesn't change her mind about what she wants.  She should remember how her husband handled the women who flirted with him and take a lesson from his book. 

First off, you don't know me. I don't think that I am beautiful. Did you not hear the comment I made about feeling like I am still a heavy person? I am not out for cheap thrills and I am very committed to my relationship.  

Thanks so much for seeing the real story.  

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
January 25, 2006, 9:38 pm CST

01/23 Too Hot!

Quote From: jajolley

On the show, Mike said when women would hit on him he would say, thats nice, why don't you go tell my wife that.  He would turn them away and not act upon anything.  However, Bobbie seems to just gobble up all the attrition she can find from other men.  He may be overweight now, and wish he was thinner, but Bobbie approaches being thin in an entirely different manner.  An inappropriate one. 

First you may think it is inappropriate but have you ever had a dramatic physical change. I do approach being thin in a different manner. I have never been thin. But the funny thing is that I am the same person just more outgoing.  

Oh and don't let my husband fool you. He is just as charming now as he was then.  

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board