Message Boards

Messages By: dheuft

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 23, 2005, 7:02 pm CDT

Ah Ha....I got in

Hi everyone!  It took entering my password several times but I'm here!  I can't wait to see how everyone is doing.

I went through a rough patch of illness, but I'm back on track and ready to go.

Talk to ya soon!

Dawn

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
January 4, 2006, 5:17 pm CST

Hey there everyone!

Don't faint from shock, but I'm actually stopping by the boards to say a quick "hi."  I had problems signing on and such when the new boards went live and never quite got back into the habit of checking in here.   

I didn't see the show today, bummer.  I didn't even know it was a weight loss show....  

I'm doing great.  Shhh... don't tell the big Phil Meister... but I'm doing ww and having great success.  It's that whole circle of support thing.  My sister inlaw is doing it, my customers are doing it... it seems that everyone is a ww girl.... so I jumped on the band wagon with them. LOL.  Of course I'm using much of what I learned from Dr. Phil when making my choices so maybe it's the best of both worlds eh? 

Well of course I popped by here when I have no time.  Hubby is at home waiting for me so we can head out to the gym.  Wish us luck...I have a feeling it's going to be mighty crowded.  Everyone is renewing their commitment and getting a fresh start right now. 

I'll pop back in tomorrow! 

Miss ya all! 

Dawn 

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
January 11, 2006, 5:01 pm CST

Wow - You guys have been posting

Oh my, I can't believe how many posts there were to read.  That's awesome.  I only got through a page or two because I have to get going, so I'll have to come back and read the rest.   

Quick replies: 

Brenda - I hear ya on the teenager thing!  It's so hard.  Mine is on track right now and self motivating himself about cleaning his room, working on his scouting/working towards eagle and school work, but it took a lot of buckling down a few months ago.  I'm enjoying this phase much better!! 

Gail and Megan - I'm doing ww online so I'm not attending meetings.  For whatever reason the points speak to me.  I enjoy counting them and keeping track.  I know exactly how much I can have.    The interesting thing for me is that I found out I wasn't eating enough when I was doing Dr. P.  No wonder I hit a plateau and got frustrated.  I've been choosing really good and healthy foods but I struggle to actually use up all of my points.  It's been very educational for me so far.   

Well I'm out of time, it's gym day!   

have a great day everyone! 

Who's watching the biggest loser tonight???? 

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
happy
January 12, 2006, 10:48 am CST

Good Morning

I got all caught up on your posts now... you can post a bunch of new ones now :-)   

Gail - congrats on working out without your buddy.  It makes a huge difference when you can do this for yourself and by yourself whenever you need to!! 

Melissa - I bought the Biggest Loser dvd and I love it!  It's kind of funny.  I love that it is people that are still on their journey, still struggling with the moves.  There are some pretty funny lines in it.  One cool thing is that you can turn off the trainer's voice when you want to.  That way you don't have to listen to it once you have it memorized.  One of the things I loved is that it is easily adaptable.  I could do it, yet I can see how I can make it harder as I progress along.  It's currently my favorite dvd!! 

But if you want one on the total other end of the spectrum... I bought my hubby Jillian's dvd because he said he'd want her to train him if we were ever on the show (no, we're not applying!!!).  He likes her because she's tough.  Oh yea, she's tough.  I almost had a heart attack just watching her dvd.   

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
January 24, 2006, 2:56 pm CST

14 pages - Oh My!!

I am not kidding you.... you guys wrote 14 pages of posts since the last time I was able to stop by.  These boards are really hopping.  I tried to read it all, but I just can't.  I read several pages and then skimmed the rest.  Hopefully I didn't miss anything super important. 

I lost 4.2 pounds last week!  Woo Hoo.  That's a miracle - especially since I spent three days at a conference with catered food.  I just made the best choices I could, controlled my portion sizes, drank a lot of water and did as much walking as I could.  I had been expecting a two pound loss, so four pounds was quite the surprise... of course I tend to do that.  I drop 4-5 pounds one week and then hold steady or gain a few ounces the next week.  Aren't our bodies interesting. 

Linda - Great job on RSP.  I'll have to see if we have that magazine down here. 

Brenda - You are an amazing and truly honest woman.  I am grateful that you trust us enough to share your struggles.  Are you under any extra stress right now?  I remember you mentioning some issues with your daughter.  I would look around at what's going on in your life to see if there is something that is triggering your sugar cravings...other than needing to detox.  Recognizing and taking responsibility for our choices is a big step.  I know that you will find your way back to a place where you feel you are in better control!! 

Deb - Congrats on meeting your weight goal!  You are doing great.  Good luck on your next goal. 

Sheree - Ahhh we are kindred spirits.  I don't like yogurt or cottage cheese either.  I'll eat non fruit flavored frozen yogurts though.  I could totally relate to you standing in front of the yogurt section at the store.  I've done that a few times.  Once or twice I've bought some and then ended up letting my son have it.  I firmly believe that our tastes change over time, so you have inspired me to try yogurt again.  I'll look for the brand you mentioned....  And cottage cheese....ewwwww... it's totally a texture thing for me as well.  That stuff just looks nasty. LOL. 

Well I better run.  I'm not going to any more conferences for a while so hopefully I can check back in before you all write another 14 pages.... 

Dawn 

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
January 25, 2006, 5:21 pm CST

checking In

Hi there everyone!  How do you all keep track of what everyone says?  I think I'm going to remember and then when I go to post... I forget.  

Linda - You sound soooo much like me.  Last time I tried to do this I was absolutely obsessed.  It was all or nothing.  I never felt like I was doing enough.  I ended up working out too hard and not eating enough, which made me burn out...  This time I have a calendar that I get to put a sticker on every time I work out.  My goal is a minimum of 30 minutes, but once I do that, I get the sticker.  If the sticker is on there I have absolutely no guilt about working out.  It started out being a way to motivate myself to work out every day (well I do have a rest day...) but it ended up being a way to acknowledge the good that I have done. 

Same thing with eating.  I never wrote down everything I ate before.  I'm sure there were times that I ate more than I should have and times when I ate way less.  I'm not saying WW is the way to go, but it did help me get past that road block.  When I first started writing stuff down I would find that I didn't want to write down certain things.  It was crazy.  I ate it.  It was in my body, but I didn't want to write it down.  Now I'm really good about writing every single thing and it has really helped me to enjoy my food more.  I know what I can have and I make choices and I don't have to feel guilty.  It's helping me to have a healthier relationship with food. 

Well, once again I'm out of time....  I'm off to the grocery store.  I think I'll check out the yogurt section :-P 

Dawn 

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
January 26, 2006, 12:40 pm CST

Forgot the Yogurt...

I knew I was forgetting something.  I'm going to the produce store today at lunch...maybe I can try again. 

I kept forgetting to post about the DDR (Dance Dance revolution).  We have the one that goes with the xbox and it is so fun.  It makes me laugh.  It also has a workout section.  It's been a long time since I've used that, but I think you just set it for 20 min or so and it rotates through the songs.   

The only thing I don't like about it is...the songs.... 

We got an inexpensive mat and we're hoping to upgrade it to a nicer one in the future.  When we visit my brother we hook two mats up and have a competition.  We look like total dorks, but we have fun. 

dawn 

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
February 7, 2006, 11:26 am CST

check in

Good Morning Everyone! 

It looks like things have slowed down a bit around here.   

Linda - Congrats to your Steelers (I'm a Seahawks fan...but it's all good.) and congrats on avoiding the food at your church function.  That is absolutely awesome.  Book club nights are my hardest night of the month because everyone brings such yummy food.  I totally overdid it last month so I'm already mentally preparing myself for this month (the 15th) 

Bren - Congrats on your great day!!  I know there will be many more in the future. 

Sorry - of course I forgot who else I was going to respond to.. duh....  

I remember a one pound loss and (yea!) and an "aha" protein moment regarding turkey bacon.   

Serving size and label reading is something I've really been working on and I can't believe how much it has helped.  We bought some chicken tenders (boneless, skinless...not breaded) and I thought one piece was the size I was supposed to have.  When we bought a scale I found out it was only 1/2 a serving!!   When I'm really hungry I make sure I compare serving sizes and calories and I pick something that will be more filling.  So many labels are misleading.  Sure it's less calories, but the serving size is also smaller. 

I lost 3 pounds this week!!   Woo Hoo  The bad news is that I have been wanting to eat the whole house.  Yesterday was a huge struggle to stay on plan and today is a little better, but not much.  I'm not hungry.  I kind of feel yucky and I just want to eat.  It's very weird!!  I hope I get over it soon.  I should be jumping for joy.  Excited about a great week.  Ready to have another one.   

The only thing that is kind of bugging me is that I tend to have one good week (as far as weight loss) and then one or two bad weeks with a slight gain or no loss.  Maybe I've already decided that this week won't be good so why bother?  It could be as simple as PMS as well....  just thought I'd make the observation here.  Maybe admitting it and recognizing it will take away it's power over me. 

Dawn 

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
February 20, 2006, 4:53 pm CST

Weigh In Day

Hello Everyone and welcome to all of our new friends!   

It was fun reading the recipes.  I used to make one similar to the chicken and brown rice, but we put more soup in it and it's definately not on my plan right now.  My son keeps begging for it though so I may need to make up a batch for him. 

My favorite treat this time of year is homemade chicken noodle soup.   

Boil chicken in fat free chicken broth, one onion, carrots, celery, mrs. dash and some salt.  Yummy!  Even better when you add cilantro and avocado....yummmm..... My son has a cold so I just made a batch yesterday. (Oh, sometimes I add some noodles...sometimes I don't) 

Weigh in day today - down 2.6 pounds!  woo hoo!! 

Today I can really tell it in my clothes.  I don't think I can wear these pants anymore. They are falling off of me.  It's strange how sometimes you feel like you are working and working and you don't see the results, then all of the sudden your body makes huge changes.  I'm trying to enjoy and appreciate the sudden changes I've seen so that I can keep perspective next time I'm feeling a little down and frustrated. 

Have a great day everyone!  

Dawn 

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
February 22, 2006, 12:33 pm CST

chicken Soup

Quote From: shelog

Congrats to the losers this week.  Me...I stayed the same.  I worked pretty hard though so I was a bit disappointed.  But...I did lose 9 pounds last week so that may have something to do with it.  Who knows, sometimes our bodies are mysterious and it would drive us crazy to try and figure it out. 

Oh well...next week I will be down.   

When you make that soup, you just put raw diced chicken in the chicken broth and cook it that way?  It sounds really good. 

Talk to you all later. 

Sheree 

Hi Sheree - 

I either use leg quarters or a whole chicken.  Boil the chicken with the broth and veggies,  then scoop it out of the broth and remove the skin and bones.  Then put it all back in the pot. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board