Message Boards

Messages By: elskin

User Mood
Worried

Message Emote
hopeful
January 7, 2008, 12:45 pm CST

Just a girl

I'm 60. I've been single since I was 23. My husband died when he was 26. I raised two kids, and worked on who I am. I am comfortable with me, but I ache for a relationship. I'm ever optimistic, but I must admit lately I am less than entusiasticaly looking. Men are "that Man" too. I've met men with agendas, men who ask pointed 20 questions, shallow men, rude men, desperate men, and more. I've loved them all - I just don't want any of those guys full time in my life. I didn't plan on looking for 37 years, I always thought I'd have lots of time to get serious. My motto these days is I'd rather be alone than in a bad relationship. It doesn't keep me warm at night, but at least I'm somewhat happy.

User Mood
Worried

Message Emote
sad
September 13, 2008, 9:48 am CDT

loss

I lost my husband at 23. I raised my two children well and recovered nicely. I naturally vivacious and generally happy. I always hoped I'd meet someone and remarry. I've had lots of ups and downs and always recovered. At 57 I thought I met THE man, I was so sure. For one year I was ecstatic and then he informed me it was not to be. I'm now 60, 20 pounds overweight, more in debt than I've ever been because I can't seem to hold a job, pretty much have no interests outside of my grandchildren, and I'm pretty much just hanging around until I die. I want to be excited about my life, but I just can't seem to get it going again. I've read and worked through "Self Matter" and it buoyed me up for awhile, but I just can't make the leap out of this hole. I just feel there is just too much grief.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board