Message Boards

Messages By:

July 30, 2005, 5:36 am CDT

Career Goals

Quote From: bigred80

Hi

I know this is slightly off the topic of career goals, but it as close to my question as I could find.

For me to ask my question first I need to give a little background. When I left school I worked in a few casual jobs until I was employed Full time for about four and a half years. In that time I had my son and chose not to go back to work. After a few months of being an at home mum I realised that I am the type of person who needs to be busy or I go nuts and clean everything. So I went back to work. I left that job a few weeks ago because it was completely unsatisfying and my boss wasn't a nice person.

Anyway I have had arrange of jobs from cashier, to cleaner, to day care even the defence force and I still don't know what I want to do. I must add that I am only 25.

I have this feeling of wanting to go somewhere, I just have no idea where that somewhere is.

Anyone have suggestions on finding/changing career?

Thanks

Natalie

hi Natalie,

I understand what you mean by not knowing what you want to do. Am in my mid-30s and up to this point i still am not sure what i want to do - careerwise. although i think am getting there, after such a long time of finding and searching. while going through this though, i kept my day job and after office hours i'd do some reading, research, on books about finding your passion etc, tried the exercises in the books. eventually i decided to just go out there and try new things. slowly, i get to realise what i want after trying some jobs or projects. i find that it's only when we go out and try out what we think our passion is, is the way to find out if it's really something we want to do.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board