Message Boards

Messages By: kimmer13

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 8:21 pm CDT

i know it's hard

I've been where you are and I just wanted you (tierd5 & brandyfra) to know that some husbands DO end up seeing the light.  My husband was all the things you describe after our first child together and continuing after the birth of our second child.  If I had a hundred things to get done and called him to ask him if he could just save me a trip and bring milk home on his way from work, he'd simply say "No."  It was as simple as that with him.  Then when our youngest was around 2-1/2 I was noticing vast improvements.  Now he is really an involved dad.  Now and then I see a little of the old behavior, but it's usually if he's really stressed or overtired.

Everyone's situation is so different, I'm not saying it will happen with your husbands.......but I wanted you to know it *can* happen.   Good luck - and remember, you're not alone!

Message Emote
confused
November 16, 2006, 1:30 pm CST

Is this their full time job or what?

I don't understand - 20 miles a day?  1200 leg lifts?  I wouldn't even have TIME to do this.  Do these women have nothing else in their lives?  For how long have they had nothing else to do???  I know it's psychological, and an illness, but I just don't understand where they even find time to be anorexic if that's what it entails.  For crying out loud, I don't even have time to take a shower some days, or stay in bed with the flu if I get sick. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board