Message Boards

Messages By:

November 5, 2005, 5:53 pm CST

Next Generation of Moochers

I have a 24 year old daughter that lives with her dad and her dad completely supports her, cleans up after her and, even after a long day at work, cooks supper for her and sometimes even for her boyfriend (27 former Marine).  She is a pig and leaves her clothes all over the house.  She dropped out of college after 2 years with some mental issues and has been going to a doctor for over 4 years now.  She has been on all kinds of drugs, legal and not so legal.  Her dad keeps saying she will get better soon.  I moved out of the house 2 years ago because I can't stand how she  lives.  I would love to move back in with my husband and get her out and on her own.  But he doesn't want to confront her because he is afraid it will make her mad.  Also, we have a 21 year old that is not too much better.  At least she goes to school still but will not get a job to help with expenses.  I know it is our fault as parents for not expecting more and now we do not know what to do.  The story on Dr. Phil's show sounds just like our story to some degree.  We need help!!

November 10, 2005, 3:54 pm CST

Moochers

Quote From: address

James, consider how totally judgmental you are being here! The implication in the woman's message is that there isn't really a great deal of "mental illness" going on here except with the girl's father and his absolute inability to deal with the daughter! I can assure you it could not be an easy thing for a mother to leave-the-home under circumstances such as these. You're basically telling her she's a rotten, selfish mother and I think you are reacting too harshly.
James, I agree with you that wasn't the best thing for me to do but leaving the house because of my 24 year old but that was not the only reason.  I just think that you have to help yourself to get better.  I have know several people that were in depression and were on medication.  They, also, decided with the help of their doctor to help themselves.  My daughter does not do that.  She does have a job now but still doesn't seem to be helping herself much.  I do have problems with issues that I try to address.  I would like to see my daughter off of the meds somewhat because I think that is some of her problem.  I think she is being over medicated.  I was at a lost to help her because we did not discuss her problems because she would get upset and leave the house for several days in a row.  I think unless you walk in my shoes, you shouldn't be judgemental.

May 3, 2007, 4:42 pm CDT

Lay down the Law

Watching this show, I feel very sorry for Dr. Phil.  There is probably never going to be a happy ending for these kids.  .

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board