Message Boards

Messages By:

August 24, 2005, 1:44 pm CDT

EJ is lying

I believe she remembers Susan, and remembers the torment. I think she's embarrassed deeply by it now. It's a shame she couldn't just face things and be an adult. By "forgetting", she diminished the satisfaction Susan could have got from this meeting.

September 20, 2005, 12:15 pm CDT

You'll never see this reply to a user-less message board

Quote From: thekaywet

I'm having the same problem.  Can't find my message either. What to do, what to do? The main reason I want to see the replies to my message is because I want to know if there are any people out there that can relate to what I went through when I was a young single mother of 2, with the anger & rage, etc.

...but I wholeheartedly agree. The difficulty in following a thread here is too much for my brain, and the reason I stopped trying to post/read to these message boards when the weight loss book came out full fledged. I tried posting a few threads about the topic, and a few people would always comment about how they agreed (before the post disappeared into the pile), but a year later (or is it 2) and nothing has changed. 

I want to comment on the show about the angry mom, and while my response will remain here under that thread, any comments anyone else makes to mine will be next to impossible to follow. It takes away the interactivity. Anybody listening at Dr. Phil???? 

For the brief moment this post will be seen, this show enraged and saddened me at the same time. The mother might be getting the spotlight, but the dad sat right there and said 'maybe we can take it back' in reference to the adoption of the 11 year old. Did you see the look on her face when he said that? He was saying it to win the fight with the mom, but the child looks so rejected and defeated. Way to go guys, for making your kids feel unwanted by even their parents. Way to effin go. 

I wish this family were one of Dr. Phil's project families. I think they need a lot more than free counseling and 1 hr on tv. What's most alarming is that what we saw is nothing compared to what some kids in homes right now are suffering. This woman just had the sense somewhere in her rage to reach out for help. 

Nyn 

September 20, 2005, 12:19 pm CDT

09/19 "Afraid of My Mom"

Quote From: laddyclark

Another way you can check all your posts and replies to your posts click on the Menu: Members, Message Boards, Search Boards.  Leave the first cell as "search all boards". In the blank box under it type your user name.  It will put up anything you have ever posted and the replies. Hope this helps!!

Yes, but one would think there is an easier way (there IS) to read message boards of this magnitude that to search them. What about a directory tree? We're all familiar with that. This is a massive site, there is no reason things have to be this complicated. I am frankly amazed folks visit here so much. I would love to, but I don't have the kind of time it takes to follow all the strands of discussion. It's just not very user-friendly at all. It is the worst I've seen, frankly. So for the most part I read a little, knowing I can never truly get into an interactive discussion with someone about anything.  

Great job on the show though. Love it. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board